Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Mar 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3892067)   #101
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks Sam. The races are presumably to replace those at cancelled MGLive?

It looks to be that way - whether they were intended as a replacement or just subject to fortunate timing I'm not sure.

It has been confirmed that both GTS and Pre 63 cars will be eligible, so I would conclude that they are combined grids. Looks like we may well be entering the Equipe races with the Jag and the Three Hours with the Gilbern.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 05:55 (Ref:3897871)   #102
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timetable now released: www.spasummerclassic.com

Last edited by eamonn ledwidge; 16 Apr 2019 at 05:57. Reason: Type
Old 16 Apr 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3897925)   #103
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
can anyone enlighten me as to which grids Equipe are sharing with, as their name isn't in the Timetable....
Old 16 Apr 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3897957)   #104
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
can anyone enlighten me as to which grids Equipe are sharing with, as their name isn't in the Timetable....
Err, no! Must be included in The Ardennes Challenge or the CSCC Classic. Unfortunately EGTS website doesn’t mention which.....
Old 16 Apr 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3898044)   #105
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well there you go. Sounds like miscommunication there. It needs to be sorted
Old 16 Apr 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3898045)   #106
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Probably bought space in Ardennes Challenge (taking on what Barry used to do?) because AIUI the CSCC races are exclusive to club.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3898047)   #107
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Probably bought space in Ardennes Challenge (taking on what Barry used to do?) because AIUI the CSCC races are exclusive to club.
Logic would suggest that is the case, but clarification would be good. Have you tried asking Vincent?
Old 16 Apr 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3898079)   #108
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Logic would suggest that is the case, but clarification would be good. Have you tried asking Vincent?
No, I'm out with CSCC, just interested / concerned if I need to watch out for a bunch of people with different driving standards but I don't think that will be the case.
Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time logic has let me down!
Old 16 Apr 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3898081)   #109
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
Spa Ardennes Challenge this year consists of my CRDC group (9 or 10 cars), Motor Classic Belgium - Vincent's allcomers, and the new Sideways Club (generally described as Barry's men). My guess would be that Equipe are under the Motor Classic Belgium umbrella, but like MD David, I have been wrong in the past.

Best to ask Equipe GTS to clarify.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3898083)   #110
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well there you go. Sounds like miscommunication there. It needs to be sorted
Not really. M9st of those who race in these series will be able to solve the issue quite easily. Usually a phone call. I'm sure the above comment is just expressing a bit of frustration.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3898087)   #111
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I’ve emailed Vincent to ask......
Old 16 Apr 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3898102)   #112
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
One thing for sure I’m looking forward to this meeting . Could just be a bumper tenths photo over the weekend .
Old 17 Apr 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3898153)   #113
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The official answer from Vincent is that Equipe GTS are racing within the Ardennes Challenge.....

The logo is now incorporated on the website header.... http://spaardenneschallenge.com/

Just disappointed that I won’t be there!
Old 17 Apr 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3898165)   #114
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
thanks Mike...
Old 17 Apr 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3898181)   #115
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The official answer from Vincent is that Equipe GTS are racing within the Ardennes Challenge.....

The logo is now incorporated on the website header.... http://spaardenneschallenge.com/

Just disappointed that I won’t be there!
Where will you be then Mike . Bring the Delta
Old 18 Apr 2019, 23:14 (Ref:3898463)   #116
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I hope you lot all enjoy yourselves
Old 18 Apr 2019, 23:46 (Ref:3898484)   #117
S griffin
Veteran

How I would love to go to Spa if I could
Old 19 Apr 2019, 05:58 (Ref:3898528)   #118
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
How I would love to go to Spa if I could
What's stopping you?
Old 19 Apr 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3898572)   #119
S griffin
Veteran

Time and money mostly
Old 19 Apr 2019, 12:02 (Ref:3898579)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'll forgive for saying (I hope) that time doesn't appear to be an issue......
Old 19 Apr 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3898580)   #121
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Time and money mostly
Constraints most of us have, but some are lucky and can prioritise racing above other obligations...

Bit off topic, but out of curiosity, what age group are you?
Old 19 Apr 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3898638)   #122
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
This needs to move over to tea break . I’m broke and should not of gone to NZ and OZ this year . Came back to loads of problems and delinatly no money .,Thing is life to short you have to do these things . I am still smiling from the trip down under . So just get yourself over to Spa . I will supply tea FOC . 👍
Old 17 Jun 2019, 07:26 (Ref:3912374)   #123
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
Almost time for the Crosslé Racing Drivers’ Club annual outing to the Spa Summer Classic meeting on June 28, 29 and 30 at Spa Francorchamps circuit.

We will take nine Crosslé 9S Sports racers from UK, Ireland and Switzerland for the Spa Ardennes Challenge, a race in which we have been participants for twelve years. If you are there, look us up in the F1 garages for a chat.

60 plus cars on the grid, of which some 40 are from Equipe GTS. Reasonable selection of cars, a bit ‘long’ of MGBs, still something there for everybody to have a decent dice with.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 18:39 (Ref:3912946)   #124
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
This needs to move over to tea break . I’m broke and should not of gone to NZ and OZ this year . Came back to loads of problems and delinatly no money .,Thing is life to short you have to do these things . I am still smiling from the trip down under . So just get yourself over to Spa . I will supply tea FOC . 👍
Is that an invite Iain. 🤔
Old 20 Jun 2019, 04:35 (Ref:3913012)   #125
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Very much looking forward to this trip . Yes Terry be great to catch up with you . Could be a nice tenth gathering . We should do something in John’s memory .