Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Sep 2013, 19:05 (Ref:3299020)   #2601
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Yes we did, that's why I got a sense of deja vu while typing it.
Same

Quote:
I think the WRC being as weak as it is, the going rate for title sponsorship is very cheap...
Maybe lower especially right now, but not very cheap according to:

http://www.sportune.fr/sport-busines...-de-80me-49254
http://archives.tomorrownewsf1.com/p...e-partir-26174

tl;dr: In 2011 Peugeot got 20M eur from Total (total budget being 75M), while Citroen got 10M from Total and 10M from Red Bull (total budget being 35M + Loeb's salary).

That 20M from Total sounds huge sum considering that 908's liveries were never really dominated by its colors.

Last edited by deggis; 4 Sep 2013 at 19:13.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3299630)   #2602
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Huge-res versions of the three latest images:

http://press.porsche.com/media/galle...esting+Images/
Old 5 Sep 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3299659)   #2603
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
"That 20M from Total sounds huge sum considering that 908's liveries were never really dominated by its colors"

Yeah, but the team name was Peugeot sport Total and Team Peugeot Total. Total finances also toyota but just a big total sticker on wing side and no reference in the team name.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3299663)   #2604
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
"That 20M from Total sounds huge sum considering that 908's liveries were never really dominated by its colors"

Yeah, but the team name was Peugeot sport Total and Team Peugeot Total. Total finances also toyota but just a big total sticker on wing side and no reference in the team name.
Yes, I was just saying that dominating the livery more clearly would probably mean even bigger sum. Especially now with WEC supposedly little bit better world wide coverage etc.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3300318)   #2605
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Forgive me for not scanning through this massive thread, but can someone quickly bring me up to speed on Porsche in 2014? Will they contest the entire WEC or will they start later in the season?
Old 7 Sep 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3300328)   #2606
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Forgive me for not scanning through this massive thread, but can someone quickly bring me up to speed on Porsche in 2014? Will they contest the entire WEC or will they start later in the season?
Okay, the situation is this in brief.

Yes, they'll contest the full WEC season, most likely with two cars including Le Mans. The confirmed drivers are Timo Bernhard, Romain Dumas, Neel Jani and Mark Webber. Two more drivers are obviously needed for Le Mans but these are expected to be the four WEC-season drivers.

We don't really know much else at present. The speculation is that it will be powered by an engine something between 1.5 and 2 litres in capacity with either four or six cylinders.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3300396)   #2607
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting. A thread with 2606 posts boils down to this........ You guys can't half talk......
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3300417)   #2608
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Yes, they'll contest the full WEC season, most likely with two cars including Le Mans. The confirmed drivers are Timo Bernhard, Romain Dumas, Neel Jani and Mark Webber. Two more drivers are obviously needed for Le Mans but these are expected to be the four WEC-season drivers.
Has anyone from Porsche confirmed they'll actually run 2+2 in the WEC? You could argue it's a disadvantage to do that in certain scenarios.

I think ironically if Porsche had quickly come out and confirmed everything regarding 2014 this thread would be around a third shorter.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3300471)   #2609
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Porsche are currently preparing to test the Porsche LMP1 at Magny-Cours according to endurance-info.com
Old 8 Sep 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3300702)   #2610
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

We don't really know much else at present. The speculation is that it will be powered by an engine something between 1.5 and 2 litres in capacity with either four or six cylinders.
I think there will be two more drivers so that they have three for each car in each round. Two can sometimes be a disadvantage as far as strategy and, simply put, human fatigue. Oliver Turvey and Brendon Hartley are the first two that come to mind, followed by some veterans like Guy Smith, Jeroen Bleekemolen, and David Brabham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Interesting. A thread with 2606 posts boils down to this........ You guys can't half talk......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Has anyone from Porsche confirmed they'll actually run 2+2 in the WEC? You could argue it's a disadvantage to do that in certain scenarios.

I think ironically if Porsche had quickly come out and confirmed everything regarding 2014 this thread would be around a third shorter.
No, because a few people on here REALLY like to talk....

Here's some more to chew on: what are the car numbers going to be? 5 and 6 (like Penske)? 9 or 10? 16 and 20 (like when Dyson used to run the Porsche Spyder)?

Also, what about a third car at Le Mans? It seems to be within their (massive) budget...
Old 9 Sep 2013, 01:54 (Ref:3300760)   #2611
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Here's some more to chew on: what are the car numbers going to be? 5 and 6 (like Penske)? 9 or 10? 16 and 20 (like when Dyson used to run the Porsche Spyder)?
Porsche will likely use 4,5,6 or 10,11 or 17,18,19.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 02:39 (Ref:3300771)   #2612
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Porsche will likely use 4,5,6 or 10,11 or 17,18,19.
Just curious...

Is that just your opinion or is there a link/article/evidence to back that up?
Old 9 Sep 2013, 03:48 (Ref:3300792)   #2613
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Just curious...

I don't remember. If there is, probably never been posted in this thread.

One thing should be easy to predict: they'll probably end up using 1, 2 and 3 at some point (since those are still reserved for the last year's LM winner?)
Old 9 Sep 2013, 04:06 (Ref:3300796)   #2614
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Just curious...

No link. Just from Porsche's historical use of numbers.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3300990)   #2615
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Well this is the thing, I don't see 2+2 being the best solution unless the other two LM drivers are unavailable for the whole WEC season. But they'd have to be very talented to make it worthwhile. Just reporting to the poster who asked what the situation is, it seems a lot of people including Hindy are expecting only 4 full-time drivers - but I agree that's a disadvantage and I'm not so sure they'll do that myself.

I dunno about this thread being any shorter though, look at the size of the Toyota thread! We'll talk about anything here. But the drip feed of information coming from Porsche is deliberate anyway IMO.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3301184)   #2616
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Porsche could possibly use some USA based drivers for LeMans who's teams are not competing in France?
Old 9 Sep 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3301229)   #2617
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just curious...

The ACO has limited LMP1 cars to numbers between 1 and 20 in recent years;

I'd guess 4,5,6 myself
Old 9 Sep 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3301252)   #2618
deggis
Veteran

Finland

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20517.html
Old 10 Sep 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3301264)   #2619
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Rear of the car. Not much to see, though
Old 11 Sep 2013, 00:16 (Ref:3301781)   #2620
deggis
Veteran

Finland

http://www.endurance-info.com/wp-con...3_GR8R0174.jpg

http://www.endurance-info.com/wp-con...3_GR8R0180.jpg

http://www.endurance-info.com/la-por...a-magny-cours/

Last edited by deggis; 11 Sep 2013 at 00:22.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3302045)   #2621
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Who took those pictures , James Bond .
Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3302098)   #2622
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Who took those pictures , James Bond .
Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:46 (Ref:3302116)   #2623
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reminds me a bit of wildlife photography.

Shhhh, don't startle it!
Old 16 Sep 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3304770)   #2624
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
V4 single turbo?

V over I because of better chassis balance(stress member and lower center of gravity)

Hot V exhaust like Audi and it relates to the 918(marketing)
Old 16 Sep 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3304776)   #2625
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-13091502.html also mentioned the V4 configuration.