Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Sep 2001, 14:22 (Ref:149158)   #1
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where the Stewards asleep at Monza?

I still cant understand why both Williams drivers were not penalised for failing to concede their position after taking the escape road. First of all, Juan made a mistake while being followed by Michael, which would have surely cost him his position. Again, closer to the end of the race Ralf done the same while being pursued by Rubhino yet he was able to maintain his position. On the second time, Ralf repeated the offence and rightly gave up the position. But why did the first 2 offences go unnoticed? Ive seen countless races where 10 second penalties have been given for similar offences.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 14:40 (Ref:149166)   #2
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Call me sore loser now….LOL

I said before that Schumacher’s revolt was constly for him on the eyes of Bernie. They won’t have hundreds of marshals looking at what the other do wrong to help him win. Like was the case when they penalized DC or Little bro earlier this year.

The rule is clear in the sense that you have to gain and advantage by taking it off road. Like in the first lap when Schumacher took the shortcut and came out in front of little bro. Had he not let the little one by he would have been penalized.

In the case of Montoya there was not imminent attempt from Schumacher to take the position from him. Montoya’s mistake was not originated by a move from Schumacher. Like it is the case of little bro’s second mistake, when Barrichello tried to overtake him.

Last edited by BBKing; 21 Sep 2001 at 14:43.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 15:10 (Ref:149180)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come I knew what this topic would be about just from the headline?

Sore loser indeed.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 15:57 (Ref:149191)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, you must understand, neutral, that TGF is not the all conquering God you think he is. If it had been the other way round and TGF HAD been penalised you'd be here telling all of us how unfair it was. You must learn consistancy my friend .
Old 21 Sep 2001, 20:15 (Ref:149260)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Sore loser...maybe. But it's common knowledge that the FIA are inconsistent in their application of the rules - we've seen that countless times this year and in previous years and it will continue to be that way.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 20:30 (Ref:149269)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well they could solve this problem by getting rid of the chicanes...not to mention countless other problems.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 20:39 (Ref:149278)   #7
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it was refreshing to see the stewards keep the hell out of the way
and let the pilots race.

after all..there was a great deal of passing...

and isn't lack of passing a big complaint?
Old 21 Sep 2001, 21:45 (Ref:149312)   #8
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come it took them so long for a decision to go against ferrari.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 21:48 (Ref:149315)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's what I would say R Girl.

Thanks
Old 21 Sep 2001, 23:09 (Ref:149338)   #10
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya's mistake was not caused by a move from MS but I'm pretty sure it was caused by pressure from MS.

I'd like to see the Stewards to agree upon and be consistent in their calls about this:
If a driver under pressure from another driver short cuts a chicane and keeps his position (keeps his position never mind improves his position) it will cost him his position.

The rational for this is that, if a driver is pressured into making the same kind of mistake in any other type of turn (other than a chicane) it will cost him a position. Only in a chicane will the road 'come back to him' so to speak an let him keep his position, or even improve his position over the following car.

This would have to be a judgement call by the stewards and that is probably why they don't make it. They would have to decide whether or not the following car was close enough to have made the pass had the chicane not 'given back' the position to the first car.

I'm a JPM fan but I think he should have lost his position to MS when he short cut the second chicane. I'm glad he didn't mind you.

Last edited by Roy2; 21 Sep 2001 at 23:09.
Old 22 Sep 2001, 03:59 (Ref:149404)   #11
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Penalising people for that would have brought too much attention to the overall s***tness of the chicane and it's design.
Old 22 Sep 2001, 06:15 (Ref:149421)   #12
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm a JPM fan but I think he should have lost his position to MS when he short cut the second chicane. I'm glad he didn't mind you.
I can respect honesty.