Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Dec 2019, 11:58 (Ref:3944715)   #1626
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Checkered Flag are reporting that BTC's third car will be an FK8....

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...-grid-in-2020/
I'd be surprised if it was something else
Old 4 Dec 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3944721)   #1627
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'd be surprised if it was something else
Agreed - but I have been informed that one of the cars I listed as confirmed will not be the model listed.

If that information is correct, then either Speedworks are not running the Corolla, or one of the following teams is going to run two different models:

Dynamics,
WSR,
Laser Tools,
HARD,
AmD Cobra,
BTC,
Motorbase.

Of those, the only realistic multi-marque entry would be BTC or Motorbase....
Old 4 Dec 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3944726)   #1628
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I highly doubt it’s Speedworks, they are likely to continue their works car
Old 4 Dec 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3944732)   #1629
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dynamics,
WSR,
Laser Tools,
HARD,
AmD Cobra,
BTC,
Motorbase.
Narrow that down to:

HARD
AmD
Motorbase
Simpson
Team Parker
Old 4 Dec 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3944733)   #1630
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If that information is correct
It is
Old 4 Dec 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3944740)   #1631
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Has there ever been a straight fight through no fault from start to finish?

Some might argue that Cammish could have won through no fault of his own..
True but to miss a whole meeting is very unusual and very different to a brake failure in one race. Moot point though without the original context as I said.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 14:13 (Ref:3944741)   #1632
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Narrow that down to:

HARD
AmD
Motorbase
Simpson
Team Parker
As I hadn't put Simpson and Team Parker down as confirmed cars, then that leaves - HARD, AmD Cobra and Motorbase.

Putting your information along with that from Pickles, then the 2020 grid will see a multi-marque entry from one of those three.....
Old 4 Dec 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3944744)   #1633
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
True but to miss a whole meeting is very unusual and very different to a brake failure in one race. Moot point though without the original context as I said.
It's not that unusual. IIRC, WSR had a driver miss 5 meetings in a row as recently as 2018

The original context, if I am understanding it, is that WSR have two drivers to select from. One has a consistent track record that puts him as being the most successful BTCC driver in history (in terms of championships). The other is below 17th on the all time list.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3944745)   #1634
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
TeamCarDriverNotes

Words Marked   
??????Jordantouring fan01
??????Chiltontouring fan01, Alfisti
??????FilesTR4racer
???Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Not HARDNot Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Simpson TBLHonda CivicNot SimpsonPickles
???BMW 330iCollardAlfisti
BTCHonda CivicChiltonbilly bleach
Trade PriceAudi S3 x2???Overboost
BTC???ChiltonOverboost
BTC???CookOverboost
PMR???SmileyPickles
Motorbase???ButcherPickles
HARD???Boardleysceptic
HARD???Creessceptic
??????SheddenPickles
Trade Price?Audi S3 x2???RS67
Speedworks/Dynamics/WSR/Laser Tools/HARD/Amd Cobra/BTC/MotorbaseChange of 1 Car???Pickles

True Words Spoken   
??????Suttontouring fan01
AmDHonda Civic x2New DriversOverboost
Motorbase3rd Car???Jiiiiiiim

False Words Spoken   
PMR3rd Car???Pickles

Old 4 Dec 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3944754)   #1635
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed - but I have been informed that one of the cars I listed as confirmed will not be the model listed.

If that information is correct, then either Speedworks are not running the Corolla, or one of the following teams is going to run two different models:

Dynamics,
WSR,
Laser Tools,
HARD,
AmD Cobra,
BTC,
Motorbase.

Of those, the only realistic multi-marque entry would be BTC or Motorbase....
Just a thought, would TPCR run a RWD car for Blundell maybe as he wanted to try that. It could also fit with the rumour one TPRC driver has signed? Probably way off judging by my track record. :😂
Old 4 Dec 2019, 16:36 (Ref:3944773)   #1636
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if Blundell wanted RWD but couldn't get WSR seat wouldn't have made sense to aproach Team Parker ? ? as they could run a 2nd 1 series or the main one if Jelley doesn't return with them
Old 4 Dec 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3944793)   #1637
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Boardley in a #HARD BMW is what our new poster suggests. It could explain the impending announcement that became delayed...

And Carl does have RWD experience, which adds legs to my mind.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3944794)   #1638
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Boardley in a #HARD BMW is what our new poster suggests. It could explain the impending announcement that became delayed...

And Carl does have RWD experience, which adds legs to my mind.
A Team Hard BMW? Where’s the car coming from for that? Jelley selling his?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3944796)   #1639
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Maybe the old WSR one series are still around somewhere?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 17:49 (Ref:3944797)   #1640
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3944800)   #1641
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
2 in the Turkington family collection

one raced by Team Parker

one supposedly left in storage at WSR
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3944801)   #1642
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HARD announcement at 2:00 tomorrow.

They mentioned a 'twist' for the postponed announcement, so Boardley + new car is starting to add up...
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3944806)   #1643
porsche962fan
Veteran

how about Boardley in the Ex Moffat Mercedes ?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3944808)   #1644
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
I would of thought a change to RWD would be more of a factor in a change of car.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3944810)   #1645
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Chassis F21-2013-01, last used by Collard Jr in 2018, has been stored at WSR since the end of that season.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3944811)   #1646
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
As part of the HARD announcement?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:39 (Ref:3944813)   #1647
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
TeamCarDriverNotes

Words Marked   
??????Jordantouring fan01
??????Chiltontouring fan01, Alfisti
??????FilesTR4racer
???Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Not HARDNot Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Simpson TBLHonda CivicNot SimpsonPickles
???BMW 330iCollardAlfisti
BTCHonda CivicChiltonbilly bleach
Trade PriceAudi S3 x2???Overboost
BTC???ChiltonOverboost
BTC???CookOverboost
PMR???SmileyPickles
Motorbase???ButcherPickles
HARD???Boardleysceptic
HARD???Creessceptic
??????SheddenPickles
Trade Price?Audi S3 x2???RS67
Speedworks/Dynamics/WSR/Laser Tools/HARD/Amd Cobra/BTC/MotorbaseChange of 1 Car???Pickles
HARDBMW 1-SeriesBoardleyKinger6

True Words Spoken   
??????Suttontouring fan01
AmDHonda Civic x2New DriversOverboost
Motorbase3rd Car???Jiiiiiiim

False Words Spoken   
PMR3rd Car???Pickles

Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3944817)   #1648
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
As part of the HARD announcement?
yes

would HARD really have the money and expertise for a BMW ?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3944818)   #1649
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yes

Maybe HARD haven’t bought the car and Boardley has & they’ll just run it for him.

On the subject of RWD cars there are 2 Infiniti’s kicking about at Laser Tools as they are having new cars built. Looked like one was heading off elsewhere (not BTCC) but potential for someone else to switch if they prefer a RWD car.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:57 (Ref:3944820)   #1650
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
yes

I don't know - it depends on how much budget someone brings I guess?