Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Dec 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3947226)   #1951
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
That was always my guess too, though if it's true it's a bit strange that he's wiped his Instagram of WSR.
I think you can hide or archive content on there without deleting it, could be that he's done that just to maximise the impact of his announcement and the build up.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3947227)   #1952
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I think you can hide or archive content on there without deleting it, could be that he's done that just to maximise the impact of his announcement and the build up.
The Twitter banter & Instagram stunt is to dramatise the announcement tomorrow. New sponsor, same car by all accounts.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3947236)   #1953
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
AJ is certainly stirring the pot. Wherever it is leading, we will get a better picture tomorrow hopefully
There will definitely be pictures. And AJ will definitely be wearing a baseball cap in all of them.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 20:32 (Ref:3947238)   #1954
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
There will definitely be pictures. And AJ will definitely be wearing a baseball cap in all of them.
Will he be holding a can? 🤔
Old 17 Dec 2019, 20:53 (Ref:3947249)   #1955
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
He's touching the car with one hand, and the other's in his pocket, so he could be holding anything in there.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3947251)   #1956
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I've heard that he's actually allergic to the stuff - so he leaves his can taped to his dash.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3947253)   #1957
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
He's touching the car with one hand, and the other's in his pocket, so he could be holding anything in there.
Giving a high five? Hailing a taxi cab? Flicking a cigarette? 😂
Old 18 Dec 2019, 06:15 (Ref:3947285)   #1958
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
The Twitter banter & Instagram stunt is to dramatise the announcement tomorrow. New sponsor, same car by all accounts.
Same car, just matching the other 2 now so Dick gets his wish of all 3 cars in the same BMW livery.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 08:12 (Ref:3947290)   #1959
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Same car, just matching the other 2 now so Dick gets his wish of all 3 cars in the same BMW livery.
After all that...

Kind of disappointed, would rather seen someone else get a chance with WSR.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3947292)   #1960
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
After all that...

What, instead of the Lad who came second to the other car?
Old 18 Dec 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3947293)   #1961
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
After all that...

They shud of given it to Jack Goff?

Good for them to have continuity. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 08:47 (Ref:3947294)   #1962
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So touring fan01 is 2for2 so far with marked words.
Alfisti's suggestion that Collard would be in the 3rd BMW failed to materialise.

TeamCarDriverNotes

Words Marked   
??????Chiltontouring fan01, Alfisti
??????FilesTR4racer
Simpson TBLHonda CivicNot SimpsonPickles
BTCHonda CivicChiltonbilly bleach
BTC???ChiltonOverboost
BTC???CookOverboost
PMR???SmileyPickles
Motorbase???ButcherPickles
HARD???Creessceptic
??????SheddenPickles
Vodafone (Motorbase)Ford Focus STButchercrmalcolm
Trade Price Cars???Hillsceptic
Excelr8???Osbornesceptic
Excelr8???Smithsceptic
??????O.Jacksonsceptic

True Words Spoken   
??????Suttontouring fan01
AmDHonda Civic x2New DriversOverboost
Motorbase3rd Car???Jiiiiiiim
HARDBMW 1-SeriesBoardleyKinger6
Speedworks/Dynamics/WSR/Laser Tools/HARD/Amd Cobra/BTC/MotorbaseChange of 1 Car???Pickles
HARD???Boardleysceptic
Trade PriceAudi S3 x2???Overboost
Trade Price?Audi S3 x2???RS67
WSR???Jordantouring fan01

False Words Spoken   
PMR3rd Car???Pickles
???Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Not HARDNot Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
HARDVW CC???crmalcolm (in entry list)
???BMW 330iCollardAlfisti

Old 18 Dec 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3947295)   #1963
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
WSR confirmed last season that Jordan broke team rules by competing with Turkington last season.

I wonder whether this change makes it more likely that Jordan will have to toe the party line, or whether he will be more motivated to prove himself the better driver?

................ ?
Old 18 Dec 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3947296)   #1964
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
touring fan01 we will start believing every word you say...
So this Jordan's new era is not that new. The same championship, the same car, the same team, just a different livery. Nevertheless I'm very happy he's back, such top level drivers should be on the grid.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 08:59 (Ref:3947297)   #1965
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post

Jordan's good enough, I'm just fed up with him!

Reckon that'll probably be the last announcement before ASI?
Old 18 Dec 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3947298)   #1966
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Jordan's good enough, I'm just fed up with him!

Reckon that'll probably be the last announcement before ASI?
I'm expecting at least one more before Christmas.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3947299)   #1967
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So AJ is back with WSR BMW after all, meaning they have exactly the same lineup as last season. As they say, if it ain't broke. Although it is a bit strange seeing AJ's car in normal BMW colours instead of his old Pirtek livery
Old 18 Dec 2019, 09:21 (Ref:3947300)   #1968
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
In what must be the biggest news surrounding the BTCC today, Jason Plato has managed to broker a deal between PSA and FCA.
This means his dream of sticking a non-TOCA engine in the Astra can finally be realised, with the FCA Global Medium Engine now an option.

I know he was capable of putting together a deal, but this one is £144billion of massive.

Old 18 Dec 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3947302)   #1969
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In what must be the biggest news surrounding the BTCC today, Jason Plato has managed to broker a deal between PSA and FCA.
This means his dream of sticking a non-TOCA engine in the Astra can finally be realised, with the FCA Global Medium Engine now an option.

I know he was capable of putting together a deal, but this one is £144billion of massive.

He'll want to stick a Hellcat engine in there!
Old 18 Dec 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3947309)   #1970
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Great news with regards to AJ in at WSR. Like him or loathe him, hes certainly a good peddler of the car.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3947311)   #1971
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Although it is a bit strange seeing AJ's car in normal BMW colours instead of his old Pirtek livery
Seeing as AJ tweeted over a month ago the exact same thing about his car, it was a foregone conclusion that he was staying at WSR. Anything else since has just added to the hype, rumours and speculation until they were ready to make the announcement.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 10:17 (Ref:3947312)   #1972
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Great news with regards to AJ in at WSR. Like him or loathe him, hes certainly a good peddler of the car.
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 10:35 (Ref:3947313)   #1973
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Absolute genius, well done.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3947314)   #1974
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post

Shud of given it to Jade, grate driver and grate person
Old 18 Dec 2019, 11:03 (Ref:3947316)   #1975
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
Shud of given it to Jade, grate driver and grate person
Make BTCC Grate Again!