Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Sep 2001, 21:32 (Ref:148482)   #1
3M_chix
Rookie

3M_chix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A write-up on Valentino Rossi.

Hey guys,

I dunno whether this is allowed in the forum, if not, mods you can close this.

Anyway, I'll be doing a write-up on Valentino Rossi. It's for school about whom you envy and who has inspired you. So I thought of doing one on Mr. V.R. himself..

I was thinking of puting in quotes about him, so, just a quick interview with you guys.

"What do you think of Rossi and how has he inspired you?"

You don't have to write my essay for me (that's cheating) just give me some things I could mention.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

~Sarah

Last edited by 3M_chix; 19 Sep 2001 at 21:36.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 01:45 (Ref:148551)   #2
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He races from his heart. He is one of those kind of racers that would still race if it didn't pay anything. He has shown more tenacity and talent than I have ever seen. I typically support the American racers in the GP races, but I always love to watch Valentino. He can walk on the edge better than any racers in the GP series. I would love to see him race in the World Superbike series.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 12:10 (Ref:148644)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll allow it

Rossi not only has talent in abundance, but he also has great raport with the fans, with the team and with almost anyone he comes across. He is able to adapt quickly to any bike, just looking at how he was on the pace within a matter of a race or two in 125s, 250s, 500s and also the 4-stroke in the Suzuka 8-Hour. Valentino just loves to race and to ride bikes, if that's not inspiration I don't know what is.
Old 22 Sep 2001, 23:04 (Ref:149615)   #4
3M_chix
Rookie

3M_chix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks so much for the help

~Sarah
Old 23 Sep 2001, 08:02 (Ref:149699)   #5
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
remember to include pics
Old 23 Sep 2001, 10:23 (Ref:149723)   #6
lena_au
Rookie

lena_au should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rossi takes on the world

Hi there Sara,
You picked a great person to write about for inspiration. Young Mr Rossi is as inspirational as they get in the world of motorcycle grandprix. He is coached by one of the worlds best. I am biased on this point however, as I am a fellow Australian. Mick Doohan is one of the worlds best. Valentino has a natural talent in motorcycle racing, but I honestly feel he would probably excell in anything he chose to do. He has a personality that gives you a sence of comittment, vitality, intelligence and confidence. He also can manage to come across as being fun and enjoying the life he is living. He lives life to the fullest and still manages to appear to do the tasks his team has set for him with concetration and maturity.
At 22years of age he has attained a level that alot of older riders seem to only dream about. He also appears to bring his love of life to the rest of his peers. All accept for a few people, I think he is well liked and respected by his peers. He has proven himself by winning the 125 and the 250 cc championship, and now with the way he has taken to the 500cc grandprix, after 2 years he looks like he has also won this one. Hopefully this will be another milestone for him and next year he can do the same with a new bike for the new style grandprix.
He is the same age as my son, so that is another reason I can probably respond to him as he has the same outgoingness as my son.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 11:06 (Ref:149735)   #7
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome lena_au. Good to see another Australian around here
Old 24 Sep 2001, 06:48 (Ref:150138)   #8
lena_au
Rookie

lena_au should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
reply to elpnino

Hi there elphino,
Thank you for the welcome, it is nice to know there are other Aussies out there who enjoy motorcycle grandprix. I will be at Phillip Island on the grandprix weekend. I just managed to get my t-shirt for the fan club. I am in two fan clubs by the way. I'm in the rossifumi fan club, member no.7035, as well as the official one. The official one I'm not 100% sure of as I don't speak Italian and it's all in Italian. But I think I'm in.
I hope there is a fan club area down there on the island. I'd like to meet other fans.
Catch you later then, and thank you.
Bernie.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 12:12 (Ref:151515)   #9
elephino
Veteran

I don't actually know anything of either fan club, can you let me know a few details?

I won't be down at the Island unfortunately and October will be bad enough anyway as I don't even know if I'll be home to watch it all live.