Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Apr 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2865036)   #26
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hamilton can, but so can Vettel. And I wouldn't limit it to those two at the moment.

Red Bull seemed to mess up on strategy for Vettel as was clearly shown by Webbers pace in the 'multi-stopping non-KERS starting from 18th' car.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2865194)   #27
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm really not convinced Red Bull will have it all their own way, maybe qualy will be theirs to lose, but the races, they've just not blown McLaren away yet this season and I feel Ferrari and maybe even Mercedes will get stronger as the first part of the season progresses.

So maybe Hamilton can well do it.

I think Red Bull had a better race car comparitively at this stage last season and look how close it ended up over the season, even if they should've sewn it up well before the last race.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2865196)   #28
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
He may or may not.
What a cop-out of an answer!!

I reckon he has the capacity, but at the moment he and McLaren are only really keeping up with Red Bull. If Hamilton wants to beat Vettel, he's got to pull out and use any and every advantage he has, which includes trying to one-up them on strategy such as today.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 19:02 (Ref:2865226)   #29
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Can't even beat his own teammate ... Hamilton will NEVER win another WDC, not this year or any other. car is obviously capable but he is too erratic and inconsistent.
Snigger. Too early to start eating words, but better get the condiments ready.

In other news.

RB need to sort KERS out - if they do that then they should be OK. However, their race pace isn't quite as good as their quali pace, which is interesting and may be their Achilles heel. But, it's too early in the season. Lots of dev work to do on the cars, and it depends on who comes up with the better upgrades - they are pretty close at the moment. LH seems to have learned very quickly with regards to tyres, but all the drivers will get the hang of them soon so that advantage won't last long.

Going to be a fun season , and I'm not sticking my neck out on who's going to win it - too close to call at the moment.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2865231)   #30
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He will.

McLaren has been peerless in regards to in season developement since testing has been restricted. They were on par with Red Bull in quali last week and have been very close and at times better in the races. Hamilton seems to have learned how to deal with the tires.