Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 10 Dec 2003, 09:03 (Ref:808098)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
MSA Championships

Where can I find a list of MSA approved championships? I've tried their website and apart from the top few they aren't listed (and IIRC aren't listed Motorsport Now! or the blue book).

I am just curious what these are.

This year a sister championship to mine was 'demoted' to a 'Challenge" rather than a "Championship". (I've raced in a championship and a challenge and, frankly, haven't seen much difference - at club level). However the organising clubs like it.

While I'm at it, what are the advantages (for the club racer) of being in a 'championship'? Apparently you get better dates and circuits, but is this really the case. (I've not noticed much difference!).
Old 10 Dec 2003, 09:29 (Ref:808119)   #2
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam - You are going to have to look on each clubs web site and play spot the championship bit in the title.

As for the numerous advantages that being a championship rather than 'challenge/cup/series' etc brings, in theory they should be numerous but in reality I don't think it makes any difference.

As for the disadvantages of being a championship. They are some, mostly the inflexibility of being controlled by the MSA and not being able change your regs at will to gain additional cars.

If the MSA were really interested in doing something positive for British motorsoprt they would ensure that championship status did actually 'buy' you something extra. In reality they are only going to be concerned with supporting their new 'ladder' structure, despite all the missing rungs, and just let everybody else fight between themselves.

Are non-championships allowed any form of 'league table'?
Old 10 Dec 2003, 09:52 (Ref:808133)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They do have them, I've seen them. But whether they're *allowed*...
Old 10 Dec 2003, 11:52 (Ref:808210)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes they do have them and do award prizes for them. In fact the points system stayed the same when our challenge went to a championship. I think Ian has the right emphasis though the MSA probably sees them as unofficial (if that). Does that really matter?
Old 10 Dec 2003, 11:54 (Ref:808211)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I race in both a series and also in a championship. The Championship is only allowed one eruopean round whereas the series as many as it likes, seems that championships are more restrictive!
Old 10 Dec 2003, 17:40 (Ref:808518)   #6
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are non-championships allowed any form of 'league table'?

the sevenoaks sprint and hillclimb league is an MSA 'championship' and runs on a league basis using a class system and no. of cars beaten