Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Dec 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2800043)   #76
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
More people problems with the live stream?
Old 5 Dec 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2800055)   #77
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just finished to see the race on TV. Mackowicki/Clairay the winners with Aston Martin, one of the Matech Ford GTs 2nd. JM López showed his good form with Mücke finishing 5th.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2800056)   #78
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
I don't understand why people rag on Ratel. Everytime I've watched FIA GT this year, it's been great racing, and the site is a professional site, with a fantastic livestream
Let me second that, top series, really enjoyed watching Alex Margaritis adeventures
Old 5 Dec 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2800059)   #79
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't understand why people rag on Ratel. Everytime I've watched FIA GT this year, it's been great racing, and the site is a professional site, with a fantastic livestream. I'm currently downloading two files, and the stream is running better than any stream I've ever run.
Sorry, but that site is a mess. Very chaotic, nonsensical weekend timetables etc... Livestream is the only good thing about it.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2800067)   #80
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Vitaphone for winning the first GT1 season and congratulations to Hexis for winning the both races!

I would say that went very well this race and the season as a whole. Sure I've got dozen of nikpicks with this - website issues regarding infomation, one two or three hour race or two 2 hour races would be better, Bloomberg needs be more consistant in it's coverage, ballast issues and concerns about the regs - but this series has protential and could make a great alternative to F1 along with the ILMC.

Roll on 2011, I can't wait for it.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 02:13 (Ref:2800165)   #81
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I love the online viewing, granted I only saw a handful of races live and caught the rest as replays the next day but its very much appreicated that we have that option in the first place. Hope it doesnt change for 2011, it will bring people to the championship, it already has this year.

Although I have heard throughout the year of teams unhappy with media-anyone care to expand on that?

Congrats to Vitaphone, the inaugural GT1 World Champions and hats off to Hexis for winning both races, roll on next year!
Old 6 Dec 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2800283)   #82
E-racer
Rookie

Sweden
London
E-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The online coverage has been very good, the only thing I'd change would be to always have full replays of the qualifying and main race available in the archive.

Seriously have no idea why anyone would complain about the website??? I find it very slick and easy to use. Unfortunately the usual ratel bashers just can't stop can they??
Old 8 Dec 2010, 01:46 (Ref:2801172)   #83
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Congrats you Hexis AMR! They were hoping to get 2nd in the Teams Championship and they did it in dominating fashion, well done!

The extra weight really hampered #7 and were never really a factor, so much so that #1 only got what 2 points all weekend and still won Driver's and Team's Championship.

I love this race track, they ALMS should look really hard at running a race here and what about WTCC as well? Its a nice long lap (2:1xxx) and hard to pass but not impossible.

Westbrooke made some excellent passes and was aggressive.

Congrats to Mutch for the 2nd in the Driver's Championship after a change in team mates.

Overall I liked this season, it was fun to watch and the streaming was great. I wish Bloomberg in America had its act together because it was harder and harder to catch the race live. I usually ended up watching the live stream or watching it later in the day.

I know people like to beat on Ratel and the web site isn't setup the best way but they'll likely make changes as they go along.

This is good series with some tweaks it could be even better.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 01:56 (Ref:2801175)   #84
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
I don't understand why people rag on Ratel. Everytime I've watched FIA GT this year, it's been great racing, and the site is a professional site, with a fantastic livestream. I'm currently downloading two files, and the stream is running better than any stream I've ever run.
The stream has been very reliable, very reliable and excellent quality. I was able to watch it on my 24" monitor (when it was working...) and it looked great!

The site could use some tweaking, its not perfect. It was hard to find race results at first for example. Finding video is easy "GT1 TV", can't get much easier than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
The final race has started. The Fords are at the top and Pechito López is moving upwards his Aston Martin from the back.
JML (Lopez) did very well and its a shame he never got a chance to really flog the Corsa Ferrari when he was here in 2007. I knew he was quick (Won Spanish F3 Championship over Robert Kubiza).

Already looking forward to 2011 and with that huge break in the ALMS season, we'll have a great series to watch.

I hope they have a race here in America in 2011.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 06:10 (Ref:2801202)   #85
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think lap times were in the 2:23's at best. Not the 2:1x's. Maybe if they had lesser weight they could get in the teens. Great track though, one of the best IMO. Good racing, can't wait till next year, hope to see some new cars!
Old 8 Dec 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2801276)   #86
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think lap times were in the 2:23's at best. Not the 2:1x's. Maybe if they had lesser weight they could get in the teens. Great track though, one of the best IMO. Good racing, can't wait till next year, hope to see some new cars!
Well observed! Pole time was 2.14,4, in Race 1 they lapped between 2.14-2.16 and in race too (warmer conditions in the afternoon) 2.15-2.17.

Great racing all year long! We can always complain about the BoP stuff and dislike Ratel, but let's not forget that it's not up to the teams and drivers to decide that stuff. They went flat out and gave us a great show each time. Excellent. They are just lacking the main stream media, which they deserve.

Back to lap times, they sometimes had the top 20 within about 1sec. That, if anything, is a sign of top level racing. Even more so when we take into consideration how different the cars are as concepts. BoP or no BoP.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2801627)   #87
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lopez did a very creditable job as a guest driver, putting his local knowledge to good use and coming to grips quickly with a car that I gather is a rather different beast to drive than the old 550. That said, he got away with nearly having one of those incidents that have marred his career when he lost the back end in qually and somehow managed to keep it out of the wall. Maybe if he had done that on his Risi debut, things might have been different...
Old 9 Dec 2010, 02:41 (Ref:2801783)   #88
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
The stream has been very reliable, very reliable and excellent quality. I was able to watch it on my 24" monitor (when it was working...) and it looked great!

The site could use some tweaking, its not perfect. It was hard to find race results at first for example. Finding video is easy "GT1 TV", can't get much easier than that.

JML (Lopez) did very well and its a shame he never got a chance to really flog the Corsa Ferrari when he was here in 2007. I knew he was quick (Won Spanish F3 Championship over Robert Kubiza).

Already looking forward to 2011 and with that huge break in the ALMS season, we'll have a great series to watch.

I hope they have a race here in America in 2011.
No he didn't. Kubica's never even contested Spanish F3.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 03:04 (Ref:2801787)   #89
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
No he didn't. Kubica's never even contested Spanish F3.
That's what John Watson said, shoot me.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 03:08 (Ref:2801788)   #90
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Lopez did a very creditable job as a guest driver, putting his local knowledge to good use and coming to grips quickly with a car that I gather is a rather different beast to drive than the old 550. That said, he got away with nearly having one of those incidents that have marred his career when he lost the back end in qually and somehow managed to keep it out of the wall. Maybe if he had done that on his Risi debut, things might have been different...
Risi? You mean Corsa-Peterson-White Lightening??? I was almost sure the Corsa Ferrari was prepared by PWL. Funny they lost their own car in that race when the steering broke and Enge banged himself pretty good. Had to buy a new chassis and had it ready for Long Beach (thanks Momma Peterson's deep pockets).
Old 9 Dec 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2801959)   #91
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
F3 Euro Series, acc Wikipedia.
Whatever, Robert ain't in GT1!

Still want to go to Argentina next year, despite 3-4 day trips to get back!
Old 9 Dec 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2802208)   #92
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
In fact López won over Kubica at Italian F. Renault 2000 championship, back in 2002. Later the Argentinian won the first F. Renault V6 Euro champ in 2003, beating mainly Neel Jani and Jaime Melo Jr.