Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 1 Jun 2001, 23:44 (Ref:100036)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How do you wash racing gloves?

How do you wash 'em?
Its got 40oC on the label, but says "wash seperatly"
They're covered in oil and sweat and are really sticky inside (its mainly the inside i'm bothered about)
Old 3 Jun 2001, 09:27 (Ref:100370)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The label on mine says, "hand wash only, drip dry". So try a bucket of warm water (not hot) and some mild detergent, not too much.
Old 4 Jun 2001, 11:22 (Ref:100975)   #3
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I washed mine (Sparco's) in luke warm water and let them dry over the bucket. A seasons racing and some Kart work had made them a bit grotty!

When I got back to them they were very small and hard!!!!

Seems buying new is easier!

IanC
Old 4 Jun 2001, 12:20 (Ref:101001)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't. I ask someone else to wash them.
Old 4 Jun 2001, 21:59 (Ref:101198)   #5
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they're leather faced you probably shouldn't be washing them anyway.
How come they're covered in oil ? - do you use them to work on the engine then ???. One tip about Nomex (assuming they are), the only recommended powder is Dreft automatic according to DuPont. That's what I (alright then, team manager !) always uses.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 17:20 (Ref:101500)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No the oil must have come off one of the karts i was following. It just has specs of oil on the suade.

They are black/grey Sparco GP's (non-leather) I'm just afraid if i wash them I will ruin them.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 21:11 (Ref:101572)   #7
Rob Buhl
Rookie

Rob Buhl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Invest in a new pair. It just gives one much more confidence while stepping into the car and knowing everything is as you prefer...
Old 9 Jun 2001, 13:43 (Ref:102974)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
OK, my Mommy has just washed them, but they feel really hard now, they used to be really soft.
I can't afford a new pair.