Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Sep 2008, 07:01 (Ref:2283168)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst 1000 about time - booze limits...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24307543-2,00.html

About time.

Well all the sooks will come out on this one. Why is it, that the greatest tin top race has to be fuelled by beer.

I am glad that they are doing this, more people will attend with out having to put up with BOGAN'S on the Mount.

Why should a select few drunken bums dictate how a majority of people who want to watch the race?

THe Police don't pour beer down your throat.

The media don't pour beer down your throat

I"ve been to Bathurst for twenty years and I drink 2 cartons a day. BFD.

We say it's the greatest motor race yet a small percentage want to make it a ####up.

If you can't attend a race meeting without drinking yourself in a stupor. then don't go.

I love motorsport, but am sick of D/Heads claiming it is thier right to get P###%% and anoy people who want to watch racing.

Sobering thought, due to a minority, we can't take a beer to footy as well.

I remember taking a esky to the "G"

Well come on losers have a howl.

Are we the only country that has to accept you have to be P##### to watch motor sport?

If you don't like it get of the mount.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 07:12 (Ref:2283169)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
um . im not sure how you feel you can comment when you cleraly have no idea about bathurst. maybe you should try attending and using up to date information. as mentioned in the article this is what happened last year
Old 7 Sep 2008, 07:42 (Ref:2283180)   #3
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
panel damage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=fomoco]http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24307543-2,00.html

sooks
BOGAN'S
drunken bums .

a ####up.

D/Heads
P###%%

come on losers have a howl.

P#####

ok how many insults and profanities do you need- i get your point and i mostly agree with it - but this is a family forum- tone it down please
Old 7 Sep 2008, 08:51 (Ref:2283203)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree the ****wits need to be ****ed off but i think 1 carton per person is a little low, i reckon 2 is reasonable.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 08:56 (Ref:2283206)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you are drinking more than one carton of anything per person per day.... there might be some more issues than a restriction.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Sep 2008, 09:04 (Ref:2283210)   #6
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
there might be some more issues than a restriction.
More like no restriction don't you mean!!
Old 7 Sep 2008, 09:22 (Ref:2283222)   #7
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24 beers in a day, of any strength, is f'n redicious! I hope those people are NOT on a kidney donor list!

A carton is the only way fo restriction appart from a 6-pack though, so good on them for doing this.

Whats the limit on Spirits?
Old 7 Sep 2008, 09:33 (Ref:2283228)   #8
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
aussieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this really going to change anything??
Old 7 Sep 2008, 09:33 (Ref:2283229)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
senna, while i dont have any issues with this. it does mean that you have a camping spot for say ten people, if you two of you go into town you can only bring back 2 slabs. ie just 5 stubbies each, 5 stubbies is hardly a drunk feral, over a day you may not even notice any effect with this person.

so now you have to send down 4 or 5 blokes to get the slabs, plus you cant buy them at the start of the week and take them up there. it does create a big inconvienience for what i obserbed last year, very little gain.

and PS i am not the one getting smashed on the mountain as i sit in tyhe grand stand, where they had even more draconian laws last year. i havent seen wheer they are enforcing the same laws this year at the bottom of the mountain

some you tube
Old 7 Sep 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2283236)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the people who just finished their 24th can find a designated driver to run into Bathurst to buy more, surely the rules around the RSA would prevent them from taking delivery of yet another slab each for the return journey?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Sep 2008, 09:52 (Ref:2283239)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
i am wondering how they will record that you have your one slab for the day?
Old 7 Sep 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2283257)   #12
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone in Bathurst with a Dingo? Could make a fortune burying grog for desperados.

I can go all race week without a drink (other than coffee). Still manage to have fun. Let's see the boozers manage that!

Kramer
Old 7 Sep 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2283283)   #13
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a worry someone drinking 24 heavies in a day.
But I'm more worried about the person drinking 36 lights beers in a day
Old 7 Sep 2008, 13:37 (Ref:2283328)   #14
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peckstar, fair call. But as you may know, if you have 12 beers on site, you drink 12. If you have 12 slabs on site, you'll drink 12 slabs....

Really, it may be an inconvenience, but rules are rules, and eventually we will all get use to it. IE, 7am run to Woolie's liquor with a car full to get your 5 slabs. Let's just hope that we dont have some idiot's trying to buck the rules, or it'll become a dry mountain!

I think we need to look at this like the new curfew's and drink restrictions in some places - we all had the warnings, and sadly a few moron bogans continued to party hard and ruint it for the rest of us - The few have ruined it for the masses. Perhaps some crowd self regulation is in need?

Here's a thought - buy a property on one of the straights, set up a drive-thru bottle shop. The once a yeat takings would be worth it!
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:30 (Ref:2284135)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How many "hot" water bottles will be going through the gate?

A few years ago when they banned fireworks, I have never in my life seen such a fantastic display of things blowing up... where there is a will, there is a way, and the boys are always up for a challenge
Old 7 Sep 2008, 23:15 (Ref:2284179)   #16
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
How many "hot" water bottles will be going through the gate?

A few years ago when they banned fireworks, I have never in my life seen such a fantastic display of things blowing up... where there is a will, there is a way, and the boys are always up for a challenge
I'm into arts and crafts, officer. The charcoal is for sketching. The sulfur is for staining copper and the chicken poo is to fertilise the garden I'm going to plant.

Oh really? Mix them together and you have gunpowder? Who'd have thought?

And the oxy kit is to weld up a sculpture while I'm here.

Let's face it, people will smuggle stuff in. Can't legislate against stupidity, can you.

Kramer
Old 7 Sep 2008, 23:30 (Ref:2284190)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was in the bus when the we were stopped at the Mount Straight check point, when the sniffer dogs came aboard. They went deadset loco when they came to a couple of blokes with rather hefty swags, who managed to convince the friendly police officers that they had been pig hunting on the way to Bathurst, and there was a bit of gun powder residue left on their swags. Without checking the content of their kit, the boys were on their way and proceeded to recreate the best Chinese New Year/Guy Fawkes night ever seen in Bathurst!

Another tip, a Landcruiser with a hefty bull bar will take out an ungaurded back gate entry everytime, or so the tale goes
Old 8 Sep 2008, 03:58 (Ref:2284296)   #18
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I cant complain too much about the restrictions. I didnt get there last year so dont know what effect it had.

When I can get there its usually with the in laws and my non drinking wife. (2 x cartons for me !) Now I have a young family I dont mind if its toned down a bit up top.

One issue is, we are there for 4 days and sometimes when the camp is set up it is not always easy to get your car in & out. But if i can get out and take the wife to do a beer run on the saturday morning that should get me through.

It doesnt mention mid strength beer but i take it a block of 30 cans will be allowable. That is another issue. I like Carlton Mid Strength and the year I flew down & got a camper van from Sydeney, I couldnt buy it anywhere from Penrith to Bathurst.

My biggest issue though is the f***n time it can take to get in when they are doing the car searches. The first year they banned fireworks and had the dogs took 5 hours in line.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 04:08 (Ref:2284300)   #19
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
was watching the poofy morning show this morning (for some unknown reason) and they had a disscusion about the grog limits for Bathurst, i think Matty White made some good points, he said limits are needed as they are promoting it as a family event and more and more kids and families are going up and that the limit is fair. he also said it's a whole weekend thing not like the footy where you go for a couple of hours have a pie a beer and go home, you have multiple people at campsite and it's hard to get out back to town to pick up some grog and not the whole campsite goes down.

i agree most of the time it is only 2 or so people that go down and bring back admitedly excesive ammounts but most of the time it is shared between a fair few people.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 04:46 (Ref:2284310)   #20
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumors are that the lads make a visit to the mount weeks in advance and bury their stash.

I wonder what they do if someone props their camp over their stash by the time they get back. Or better yet, if someone finds it and claims it...
Old 8 Sep 2008, 06:29 (Ref:2284327)   #21
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that half the idiots who write themselves off are not even big beer drinkers, but keeping up with their ego driven idiot mates who think its big and tough to drink a lot at Bathurst so they can fit in with their crowd.
Seems like it's some of these losers think its "macho" to tell everyone that they drank so much, made a fool of themselves, affected so many others enjoyment and then cannot remember a single lap of the race.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2284398)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57
Rumors are that the lads make a visit to the mount weeks in advance and bury their stash.

I wonder what they do if someone props their camp over their stash by the time they get back. Or better yet, if someone finds it and claims it...

my understanding is that last year, security did a good scout round b efore the event
Old 9 Sep 2008, 02:24 (Ref:2285233)   #23
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon if you need to get rat-arsed to enjoy your sport it is time to change sports. Never could see the benefit of dosing up on alcohol.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 02:33 (Ref:2285236)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i have a few drinks but i don't get blind i want to feel good to watch the race and i also want to remember it.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 05:34 (Ref:2287754)   #25
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd reckon if you need a slab of beer a day, notwithstanding the personal health issue, it's a public safety and health issue. Personally you can do whatever you want to do to yourself, but when it gets in my personal space, yeah it's a problem. How much barfing, ****ing, menacing and howling at the moon do I have to take every time I go to a sporting event with unlimited alcohol?