Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Mar 2020, 05:44 (Ref:3962953)   #101
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A. Davidson in for what sounds like the rest of the season.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 06:41 (Ref:3962960)   #102
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
A. Davidson in for what sounds like the rest of the season.
That's a big get.

Former FIA World Endurance Champion and ex-F1 driver.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 07:53 (Ref:3962967)   #103
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Alex last the full season?

Hate to be the person in charge of Team Sydney merchandise!
Old 11 Mar 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3962977)   #104
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find A Davison a surprising signing, given the reports of the acrimonious end to his brother's contract with the same team....
Old 12 Mar 2020, 06:17 (Ref:3963267)   #105
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shock horror, Tekno appear to have been stingy with cash.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...c74a0b32795983

Quote:
James Courtney says he was not paid a cent during his failed two-month stint with Team Sydney.

In a salary snubbing that led to his shock decision to walk away from the V8 start-up, Courtney says Team Sydney failed to make a single payment after luring him from Walkinshaw Andretti United to be the face of their team.

The Daily Telegraph understand Courtney made a demand for two months’ worth of unpaid wages before terminating his deal after just one event.

“There wasn’t one thing,’’ Courtney said.

“There were several things. What we agreed to, nearly all of it changed. “It was every aspect of it (the deal) changed from what we agreed to. I came away from Adelaide and had a meeting on the Monday which was the straw that broke the camel’s back.” In his first full interview since announcing the bombshell V8 divorce, Courtney said he gave Team Sydney a one-week deadline to honour “several obligations”.

“It all came to a head after the first round,” Courtney said.

“I sat down with them on the Monday and voiced my opinion. I told them that we had an agreement and it wasn’t being honoured. I suggested different ways that I was willing to work with them to make it work, but in the end, it didn’t happen.

“I made the final decision on the Saturday after giving a week to try and make it all work. The deadline was the end of the working week and it wasn’t met.”
Old 12 Mar 2020, 06:44 (Ref:3963270)   #106
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well knock me down with a feather
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:08 (Ref:3963274)   #107
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post
Shock horror, Tekno appear to have been stingy with cash.
Isn't the problem that Courtney seems to have unreasonable expectations?

Davison and Pither seem more than happy to drive the Tekno rockets, so no wonder Webb is less than bothered to meet Courtney's totally unreasonable demands of a salary or up-to-date and well-prepared equipment. The latter is just not the Tekno way!
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:35 (Ref:3963280)   #108
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if the Boost money was to pay for fuel and tyres for the car or was that used to pay James in an around about way ?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3963425)   #109
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Isn't the problem that Courtney seems to have unreasonable expectations?

Davison and Pither seem more than happy to drive the Tekno rockets, so no wonder Webb is less than bothered to meet Courtney's totally unreasonable demands of a salary or up-to-date and well-prepared equipment. The latter is just not the Tekno way!
So why have an agreement ( in whatever form that may have taken ) if you are not prepared to meet it? Let's be honest, Webb has a colourful history, and is a risky proposition, as Courtney has recently found out.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 22:11 (Ref:3963620)   #110
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Isn't the problem that Courtney seems to have unreasonable expectations?!
Maybe he does, but if Tekno thought his remuneration expectations were too high, then it should have said so. Presumably a contract had been signed, or at least agreed in principle, so the money would have been discussed. Under the leadership of Steve Hallam and Geoff Slater, Tekno appeared to be a team going places, sadly it's now just the play toy of an owner who clearly doesn't have the skill set needed to move it up the order.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 13:29 (Ref:3963841)   #111
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Techno and Erebus have inversely mirrored each other over the last 5 or so years.
Old 14 Mar 2020, 00:51 (Ref:3964076)   #112
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Tekno the new LDM?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Mar 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3964151)   #113
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Techno and Erebus have inversely mirrored each other over the last 5 or so years.
Seriously ?

Tekno are a shambles where as Erebus/Penrite have shown nothing but proffesionalism, (unless your refering the Erebus (Merc))
Old 14 Mar 2020, 11:15 (Ref:3964153)   #114
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Tekno are a shambles where as Erebus/Penrite have shown nothing but proffesionalism, (unless your refering the Erebus (Merc))
I think perhaps as Tekno has slid down, Erebus has risen really to best of the rest behind the big teams.

Remarkable really considering the move to Melbourne basically gutted the whole team.
Old 14 Mar 2020, 21:51 (Ref:3964248)   #115
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I think perhaps as Tekno has slid down, Erebus has risen really to best of the rest behind the big teams.

Remarkable really considering the move to Melbourne basically gutted the whole team.
Coincidence? Or a staffing shakeout, and/or an opportunity to other changes required?
Old 14 Mar 2020, 22:46 (Ref:3964250)   #116
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Coincidence? Or a staffing shakeout, and/or an opportunity to other changes required?
Or a whole crew that came from the highest of competitive highs, to the lowest of uncompetitive lows...

Given the key ex-SBR/Erebus folks over at DJRTP, they haven’t shown to be duds in their more conventional new surrounds..
Old 15 Mar 2020, 02:32 (Ref:3964263)   #117
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Given the key ex-SBR/Erebus folks over at DJRTP
Smart recruiting by Dr. Story!

I am surprised championship winning engineer Mr. Forgy doesn't have a more prestigious position than engineering young Mr. Smith.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3964295)   #118
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Seriously ?

Did you read / know the word "inversly"? Inverse - one goes up as another goes down - both moving at the same time, but in opposite directions.

As Erebus took over SBR and went straight to the back of the grid overnight, Techno were right on their game with SvG, Steve Hallam et al. Slowly Erebus began to see the error of their ways and started to get their house in order and improve their performances, while at the same time Techo started to shed key staff and their performance began the slow slide downhill.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3964313)   #119
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Did you read / know the word "inversly"? Inverse - one goes up as another goes down - both moving at the same time, but in opposite directions.

As Erebus took over SBR and went straight to the back of the grid overnight, Techno were right on their game with SvG, Steve Hallam et al. Slowly Erebus began to see the error of their ways and started to get their house in order and improve their performances, while at the same time Techo started to shed key staff and their performance began the slow slide downhill.
Opps supposedly missed that word "inversly" but thanks for that.

IM talking about NOW not then, but then again we seem to be on different planes or was that plains
Old 19 Mar 2020, 07:28 (Ref:3965466)   #120
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Courtney to Erebus?

Probably won't happen now with the condensed calendar, but would make sense and provide Erebus with a top shelf co-driver for 2021.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 09:50 (Ref:3965478)   #121
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BJR, alongside Mr Jones Jr is what I'm hearing.

I suspect there will be a sponsor swap between #8 and #21 to facilitate a full Boost livery.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3965482)   #122
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It would be great to see Mr. Courtney piloting the CoolDrive machine on a more regular basis, assuming the CoolDrive kitty supports Mr. Courtney salary demands (as opposed to Jones Jr who presumably drives at no cost to CoolDrive).

Jones Jr has, unfortunately, consistently been more towards the tail-end of the pack than towards the front of the pack.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 10:19 (Ref:3965485)   #123
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alongside? Surely it would be step aside for Courtney. Name driver with full car sponsor.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 19 Mar 2020, 10:22 (Ref:3965487)   #124
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both have a Boost connection...
Old 20 Mar 2020, 00:23 (Ref:3965678)   #125
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

I suspect there will be a sponsor swap between #8 and #21 to facilitate a full Boost livery.
The future I may have predicted previously...