Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:30 (Ref:4024392)   #3276
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Thanks, Peter at least someone appreciated the video, maybe others were less pleased.
I enjoyed it (but hadn't got a clue who anyone was!)
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:39 (Ref:4024396)   #3277
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Viva, je pense que le personnage principal, qui semble parfois beaucoup souffrir, n'est autre que Peter M. I think bauble picked up some pictures from the cyclist thread…
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:41 (Ref:4024398)   #3278
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I enjoyed it (but hadn't got a clue who anyone was!)
They are all regulars here, they may be upset at non-recognition.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:42 (Ref:4024399)   #3279
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’m sure they had a good time and that’s the main thing. Some people don’t need the recognition as much as others
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:46 (Ref:4024400)   #3280
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 65834

These are the seats out of the Westminster. Christmas present for Jim's son. "lot of work"!
This isn't the A110 Westminster is it? We had one of those with similar red leather seats, but I don't think they looked quite like that. Mind you it was back in the mid 70s and memory is a funny old thing.

Ours was three speed with a semi-automatic overdrive. You just lifted your foot a little and as the torque came off so it dropped into overdrive.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Dec 2020, 17:03 (Ref:4024404)   #3281
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just delivered seats to Jacky Jim’s widow . She was chuffed to bits . Not seen her for a while and taken back as she is undergoing chemo for more cancer . Some people don’t have a lot of luck . Live for today guys . Happy Christmas .😀
Old 21 Dec 2020, 17:23 (Ref:4024409)   #3282
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Viva, je pense que le personnage principal, qui semble parfois beaucoup souffrir, n'est autre que Peter M. I think bauble picked up some pictures from the cyclist thread…
Thanks Gerard (and Google Translate).
Quote:
They are all regulars here, they may be upset at non-recognition.
Sadly, although I feel that I know a lot of the posters in this section quite well, I have yet to have the pleasure of actually meeting them, so do not recognise their faces.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 17:37 (Ref:4024415)   #3283
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
. Some people don’t have a lot of luck . Live for today guys . Happy Christmas .😀

Too right, Iain - just heard today that an old friend from my teens and early twenties had succumbed to a stroke and subsequent sepsis whilst at his holiday home at Pico in the Azores. At least I guess he was making the most of life....its prompted quite a flurry of emails between the survivors of our bunch of mates.... and a few frankly mildly disturbing photos appearing of how we looked in the late 60s - early 70s . At least one I have no recollection of the occasion.....there must be something about that adage of "if you can remember it you weren't really there"
Old 21 Dec 2020, 20:00 (Ref:4024437)   #3284
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I enjoyed it
Now we know you enjoyed it and detailed the "happy" faces its time for bauble and I to let you in on a little secret………
In fact this is the release of the new 2021 TV ad' for Preparation H!
Old 21 Dec 2020, 20:39 (Ref:4024443)   #3285
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
https://www.jibjab.com/view/make/fel...source=cordial

Talents they did not know they had.
Brilliant Bob

I’m going to steal that if that’s ok
Old 21 Dec 2020, 20:50 (Ref:4024447)   #3286
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got to say, my Spanish has improved leaps and bounds.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 22:11 (Ref:4024459)   #3287
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Attachment 65834
These are the seats out of the Westminster. Christmas present for Jim's son. "lot of work"!

Nice.

Where are the cup holders?

Old 21 Dec 2020, 23:08 (Ref:4024465)   #3288
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Brilliant Bob

I’m going to steal that if that’s ok
I am surprised Cliff with you being so prominent .

But go ahead, just don't mention my name.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 23:18 (Ref:4024467)   #3289
bauble
Veteran

England
In the original version I had Alan cast twice, this version has another member added in, Peter leads the band, and Cliff, Iain, Alan, and 'Dave'? make up the backing group.

This appears to run on a continuous loop?

Last edited by bauble; 21 Dec 2020 at 23:25.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 04:11 (Ref:4024504)   #3290
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Talents they did not know they had.
Gave me a good laugh. Thanks Bob!
Old 22 Dec 2020, 10:58 (Ref:4024535)   #3291
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
In the original version I had Alan cast twice, this version has another member added in, Peter leads the band, and Cliff, Iain, Alan, and 'Dave'? make up the backing group.

Alan deserved to be in the first one twice as he organised Bell's Bike Ride.

Good to see 'Dave', Dave
Old 22 Dec 2020, 12:37 (Ref:4024546)   #3292
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Surely you can't be serious? - I am serious and dont call me Shirley!

Bob, looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue! Oveur!
Old 22 Dec 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4024563)   #3293
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Surely you can't be serious? - I am serious and dont call me Shirley!

Bob, looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue! Oveur!
"May the Bird of paradise fly up your nose, may an elephant caress you with his toes, may your wife be plagued with ladders in her hose. May the Bird of paradise fly up your nose."

Sniff!
Old 22 Dec 2020, 14:44 (Ref:4024569)   #3294
bauble
Veteran

England
Spreading the ignominy around.....!

https://www.jibjab.com/view/make/dis...source=cordial
Old 22 Dec 2020, 17:45 (Ref:4024617)   #3295
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You have far too much time on your hands! Time you were topping up the sprouts and generally making yourself useful

Old 22 Dec 2020, 18:07 (Ref:4024620)   #3296
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I hadn't realised that I was that particular old geezer. I wondered why the checkout staff in Tesco don't ask me to remove my mask to prove I'm over 18...
Old 22 Dec 2020, 18:13 (Ref:4024622)   #3297
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I wondered why the checkout staff in Tesco don't ask me to remove my mask to prove I'm over 18...
And finally did you get the answer, Alan?
Old 22 Dec 2020, 18:17 (Ref:4024623)   #3298
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe they don’t care or the eyes look old enough
Old 22 Dec 2020, 19:22 (Ref:4024634)   #3299
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I never get a staring part.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 19:58 (Ref:4024643)   #3300
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
I never get a staring part.
Is that related to Alan's eyes as mentioned above? He seems to have the stare, you have a twinkle.

Oh sorry, a starring part? I think being the headline character of this huge thread is pretty much a starring part