Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Dec 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2997015)   #1
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahamas Speed Week Revival 2011

Just returned from a great week and a half in Nassau for Bahamas Speed Week Revival, Sterling Moss, Derek Bell, Desire Wilson & Patsy Kennedy were there amongst others.

Here are a few photos.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF1555.jpg   DSCF1514.jpg   DSCF1403.jpg  

DSCF1440.jpg   DSCF1491.jpg   DSCF1446.jpg  

Old 8 Dec 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2997094)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Nice one, Alan. You'll have to tell those ignorant (that's me!) of Speed Week what it is all about! Seems to have a flavour of it's own from your pics?

Old 8 Dec 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2997174)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How many cars did Desire wreck this time?
Old 8 Dec 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2997214)   #4
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought about doing this event, but from what I saw the speed element of it consisted of one or two timed solo runs around a street track, the rest of it was a social event - not what I was looking for.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2997244)   #5
Alan Crook
Veteran

The main events were a hillclimb on Saturday with 2 practice and 2 timed runs and a sprint on Sunday with 5 sighting laps and 2 timed runs consisting of an out lap a flying lap and an in lap on a 1.1mile course.

There was also a tour of the island led by police outriders, during this Sterling Moss at one time hit 100 MPH & Phil Brett in a GT40 (ex Jeremy Clarkson) hit 135MPH.

It was great seeing all the cars going through the centre of Nassau led by police outriders with the traffic just parting to allow the cars through.

The social side was very good, there were a few rough edges that require sorting for any future events. A circuit is being talked about but not sure if that will be ready for next year or 2013. Was good to see competitors from the USA who all seemed to enjoy the event.

If anyone requires any further info just ask, will post some more pictures some time next week.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 22:28 (Ref:2997272)   #6
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Alan, much as I suspected. I too heard about the plans for a circuit in the future & hope it succeeds as it looks likeit could be a great event.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2997582)   #7
ThatPhilBerttGuy
Rookie

ThatPhilBerttGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
The main events were a hillclimb on Saturday with 2 practice and 2 timed runs and a sprint on Sunday with 5 sighting laps and 2 timed runs consisting of an out lap a flying lap and an in lap on a 1.1mile course.

There was also a tour of the island led by police outriders, during this Sterling Moss at one time hit 100 MPH & Phil Brett in a GT40 (ex Jeremy Clarkson) hit 135MPH.

It was great seeing all the cars going through the centre of Nassau led by police outriders with the traffic just parting to allow the cars through.

The social side was very good, there were a few rough edges that require sorting for any future events. A circuit is being talked about but not sure if that will be ready for next year or 2013. Was good to see competitors from the USA who all seemed to enjoy the event.

If anyone requires any further info just ask, will post some more pictures some time next week.
Hi Alan! Still in Jet Lag? I've no idea what time it is...

Phil

(Yes I spelled my username wrong Reg'd again but I can't get to that email address at work.)
Old 9 Dec 2011, 21:36 (Ref:2997750)   #8
Alan Crook
Veteran

Hi Phil,

Good to see that you found your way onto 10-tenths, will post some more photos next week I`m sure I have some of you. Would be good if you told people on here what you thought of the event and the hillclimb and sprint in particular.

Have sent you a PM (private message to you).

Good to have met both you and Helen in the Bahamas, no jet lag for us both back at work yesterday.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2998138)   #9
ThatPhilBrettGuy
Rookie

ThatPhilBrettGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
Hi Phil,

Good to see that you found your way onto 10-tenths, will post some more photos next week I`m sure I have some of you. Would be good if you told people on here what you thought of the event and the hillclimb and sprint in particular.

Have sent you a PM (private message to you).

Good to have met both you and Helen in the Bahamas, no jet lag for us both back at work yesterday.
I'll put some proper words and pictures together later, but overall I thought taking the event as a whole it was well worth it.

Here are the 2 courses anyway :-

http://youtu.be/FZ5BU02CLBw?hd=1

http://youtu.be/rA3FAogfQLw?hd=1
Old 16 Dec 2011, 12:50 (Ref:3000784)   #10
ThatPhilBrettGuy
Rookie

ThatPhilBrettGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As promised, some words and pictures :-

http://www.thatphilbrettguy.com/bswr.html

Cheers

Phil
Old 16 Dec 2011, 12:56 (Ref:3000786)   #11
Alan Crook
Veteran

A few more photo`s as promised
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF1484a.jpg   DSCN0778.jpg   DSCF1483.jpg  

DSCF1430b.JPG   DSCF1433.jpg   DSCF1449a.JPG  

Old 21 Dec 2011, 12:50 (Ref:3002663)   #12
Spen Again
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Spen Again should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the excellent images. Is the old Nassau circuit still extent or built on now? Where there any Chapparals or Corvette Gran Sports in attendance?
Old 23 Dec 2011, 09:11 (Ref:3003477)   #13
Alan Crook
Veteran

The original Windsor Field circuit is now the main airport, the races then moved to Oakes Field which has now been built on, however the startline towers are still standing and some of the old curves are still visable. It is likely any new circuit would be around the Arawak Cay area and I believe this idea is currently being looked into.