Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Feb 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4034639)   #1901
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I was just hoping it was some confusion between the team name and Mr Storey's Christian name.
Yes, Williams and William S would not be a perfect match!
Old 11 Feb 2021, 10:09 (Ref:4034652)   #1902
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The Hynes career stall was odd but strongly suspect him not being extremely well financed and/or not linked to a development scheme had a major bearing.

I certainly fully expected him to progress to F3000 but if he didn't have the wherewithal to do that, F1 was never on. Shame, he was clearly a top talent.

Too tall for the cars of the time?
Old 26 Feb 2021, 20:33 (Ref:4037222)   #1903
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
https://www.gptoday.net/nl/nieuws/f1...r-naar-renault

Dutch website GP Today announces that Williams and Mercedes are to split at the end of 2022 with Williams moving back to Renault.

Not sure how much credibility we have to attach to this story?
They also launced rumours about Sauber going to Renault earlier
https://www.gptoday.net/nl/nieuws/f1...rmen-voor-2022

I'll believe it when sites like Autosport confirm it.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4037253)   #1904
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
https://www.gptoday.net/nl/nieuws/f1...r-naar-renault

Dutch website GP Today announces that Williams and Mercedes are to split at the end of 2022 with Williams moving back to Renault.

Not sure how much credibility we have to attach to this story?
They also launced rumours about Sauber going to Renault earlier
https://www.gptoday.net/nl/nieuws/f1...rmen-voor-2022

I'll believe it when sites like Autosport confirm it.
They only signd an extenton to the deal in 2019, taking them through to 2025. Plus they have just extended to include transmissions / powertrains.

It seems to lack substance and I will wait for official word. I suspect if it is just rumour both parties will confirm that in the near future. Or admit it.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4037276)   #1905
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
If that happens it would make it pretty clear that manufactuers can only afford to supply and maintain 3 teams (including their own) with the cost caps coming soon?
Old 27 Feb 2021, 12:25 (Ref:4037301)   #1906
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
They only signd an extenton to the deal in 2019, taking them through to 2025. Plus they have just extended to include transmissions / powertrains.

It seems to lack substance and I will wait for official word. I suspect if it is just rumour both parties will confirm that in the near future. Or admit it.
That was a decisionmade by the previous management. The new owners probably have a vastly different business plan.

Is it better to be the 2nd team after Alpine or the 4th team after Mercedes, Aston and McLaren?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 4 Mar 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4038565)   #1907
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If that happens it would make it pretty clear that manufactuers can only afford to supply and maintain 3 teams (including their own) with the cost caps coming soon?
The engines are outside the cost cap?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4038788)   #1908
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The engines are outside the cost cap?
Are they? Crikey I tbought it covered everything that incurs hideous amounts of spend?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 22:12 (Ref:4038796)   #1909
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Are they? Crikey I tbought it covered everything that incurs hideous amounts of spend?
They are excluded. But I think the costs for those were previously capped/fixed cost (but still expensive), so the new system does not wrap those in.

Richard
Old 4 Mar 2021, 22:28 (Ref:4038799)   #1910
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to this article from formula1.com, ''The cost of purchasing a customer engine supply deal – which has been capped at €15m per season – as well as flight and hotel costs for race and testing travel do not count.''

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...jccMseCHO.html
Old 4 Mar 2021, 22:36 (Ref:4038802)   #1911
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Right thanks for a bit of clarity guys,
Old 4 Mar 2021, 23:03 (Ref:4038804)   #1912
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If your really curious you can read the specifics here...

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...2020-10-30.pdf

Article 3 covers the exclusions, but is actually decently large. I think broadly speaking the items that are "bare minimum" are covered under the caps. But that also covers a number of line items that do have big budgets. Extras like marketing, how nice of a flight and hotel you want for your team, drivers, a few key top people, etc. are excluded.

One interesting thing is that bonuses (I think capped at 20%) are excluded. So either pay can be increased by bonuses, or (as I think it is intended) if teams want to provide performance bonuses for the staff, you can do that outside of the cap (within specific limits)

Richard
Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4038941)   #1913
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FW43B

Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:28 (Ref:4038949)   #1914
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
No main sponsor?
Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4038950)   #1915
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
The FW43B

It's certainly a radical departure from what we've been used to.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4038952)   #1916
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
No main sponsor?

This is their partner/sponsor page.

https://www.williamsf1.com/team/partners
Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4038957)   #1917
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The black rear wing and area behind the sidepods are primed ready for Rich Energy branding.

Old 5 Mar 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4038976)   #1918
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
That looks absolutely awful.

I just read that: "The car has a blue, white and yellow colour scheme intended to evoke their glory days of the 1980s and 1990s."

It really really does not. Instead it looks like a paint job that an underfunded formula ford driver would have on their 4 year old secondhand car.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4038989)   #1919
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Instead it looks like a paint job that an underfunded formula ford driver would have on their 4 year old secondhand car.
It looks the driver went nose first into a wall and they've had to put a spare nose from another team on it.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4039009)   #1920
Richard C
Veteran

I really want to like it, but I am struggling. I think they could have used the ideas from the front or middle for the entire car, but all combined together (with the black back) it just seems disjointed.

Richard
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:20 (Ref:4039030)   #1921
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Terrible livery, not a complete concept at all, looks like they run out of vinyl budget half way through. If this is a sign of the decision making of the new regime, it does not bode well...
Old 5 Mar 2021, 23:55 (Ref:4039107)   #1922
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Reminds me of the Denim liveried Osellas and sportscars!
Old 6 Mar 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4039193)   #1923
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a fan, I confess. I agree it looks as though they either ran out of budget - or ideas - for the rear of the car.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4039201)   #1924
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Black space for Rich Energy?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 6 Mar 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4039204)   #1925
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Terrible livery, not a complete concept at all, looks like they run out of vinyl budget half way through. If this is a sign of the decision making of the new regime, it does not bode well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Black space for Rich Energy?
May well be right. Oh the irony.