Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Feb 2004, 19:22 (Ref:873493)   #26
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jag this has happened for this year, or at least some of the changes u have mentioned have, the cars now have 100 litre fuel tanks not like 90 litres like before, where as LMP 1 has 90 litres and LMP 900 80 litres, GTS also have 200cm rear wings now, the same as the LMP 1 class cars. The tyres and weight suggestions havent happened yet though.

By the way, can anyone confirm that GTS cars restrictors are now back to the 2002 sizes? When the 10% power reduction was introduced for all classess last year the ACO said that the restrictor sizes would be back to the 2002 sizes for 2004, now I know the LMP 1 and LMP 2 classess have changed back to the 2002 sizes, although LMP 900 and LMP 675 are still with the 2003 sizes. But what about GTS and GT? Orignally they were supposed to change back to the 2002 sizes the same as the LMP 1 and LMP 2 class cars, but I havent heard anything to confirm this, but then the cars are lapping signifcantly quicker than last year so far in testing. Anyone got a definte answer?
Old 13 Feb 2004, 20:14 (Ref:873526)   #27
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With 10% more power the top GTS cars will be very quick in 2004.

Thats if they do have bigger restrictors.

Does anyone know?
Old 13 Feb 2004, 22:54 (Ref:873658)   #28
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well they should have the 2002 restrictors again Jag, and I havent read anything anywhere to suggest that they wont have them this year, just Ive not read anything confirming that they will, but as we have not heard anything to suggest that they wont I think we should assume that the 2002 restrictors have been re implemented, as was planned. The reason why FIA GT didnt change their restrictor sizes in 2003 was because Ratel said that the restrictors would be back to the same size that they were in 2002 so he didnt see the point.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 00:22 (Ref:873728)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not feeling so well - people have been agreeing with me. I must take more of the pills......