Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Nov 2016, 05:58 (Ref:3691639)   #551
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Find it yourself.
find what?
Old 28 Nov 2016, 06:46 (Ref:3691645)   #552
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Will a female driver ever win a Motor Racing Championship?

This question opens the discussion about whether or not there will ever be a female driver win a driving championship in classes like Aussie V8's, F1, F3, Nascar, Indy/Champ cars, BTCC etc etc?

There has been the odd female won drag championships like Shirley Muldowney "The First Lady Of Drag Racing" won 3 NHRA top fuel championships in 1977,`80 and `82..., & some have won important races like the Dakar Rally, but never a circuit racing championship

In my opinion there never has been or will be.

What does everyone else think???????

Well done, Leanne!!
Just to refresh everyone's memory, these were the criteria that Dasher set out in his initial post on this subject.
So.....I think all the boxes have been ticked. The discussion can be laid to rest now.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 07:20 (Ref:3691649)   #553
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Well done, Leanne!!
Just to refresh everyone's memory, these were the criteria that Dasher set out in his initial post on this subject.
So.....I think all the boxes have been ticked. The discussion can be laid to rest now.
firstly formula ford is not a championship

if you go back to the very first page of the thread you will see that females have won categories on circuits before, so this is not the first time (although maybe in australia, happy to be corrected on that)

Dashers defines clearly on the first page thats its a major circuit racing championship like the ones defined in the first post (which you highlighted), there is no formula Ford in his first post.

Until that happens then no the boxes havent been ticked
Old 28 Nov 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3691650)   #554
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could a moderator please check if Peckstar/Dasher are logging in using the same IP address?

Thanks.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 08:49 (Ref:3691669)   #555
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Could a moderator please check if Peckstar/Dasher are logging in using the same IP address?

Thanks.
Well there we go, that makes an even ten people that Peckstar might be

Its really a topic i dont care about. however Dasher set a standard on the first page, clarified in a later post on the first page, and people are constantly trying to find wiggle room and prove him wrong rather than meet the standard.

and the funny thing is Dasher would be more than happy if a female when a major circuit racing category, But in 9 years it hasnt happened and no one has really got close.
Its good that we have a female in NASCAR and now v8 supercar, but its interesting that many of the posters trying to find wriggle room are nasty to Renee Gracie and speak poorly off her
Old 29 Nov 2016, 00:55 (Ref:3691927)   #556
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Its really a topic i dont care about. however Dasher set a standard on the first page, clarified in a later post on the first page, and people are constantly trying to find wiggle room and prove him wrong rather than meet the standard.

and the funny thing is Dasher would be more than happy if a female when a major circuit racing category, But in 9 years it hasnt happened and no one has really got close.
Its good that we have a female in NASCAR and now v8 supercar, but its interesting that many of the posters trying to find wriggle room are nasty to Renee Gracie and speak poorly off her
You just made all of that up
Old 29 Nov 2016, 01:06 (Ref:3691928)   #557
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
You just made all of that up

See i know you made all of that up

Because i am positive that i did not make up "Its good that we have a female in NASCAR and now v8 supercar"

and i know that Dasher set the standard on the first page because its still there on the first page

interesting to hear what exactly you meant though instead of wild accusations
Old 29 Nov 2016, 06:21 (Ref:3691964)   #558
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
See i know you made all of that up

Because i am positive that i did not make up "Its good that we have a female in NASCAR and now v8 supercar"

and i know that Dasher set the standard on the first page because its still there on the first page

interesting to hear what exactly you meant though instead of wild accusations
You didn't directly quote it, which apparently means its invented, according to someone
Old 29 Nov 2016, 06:29 (Ref:3691965)   #559
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
You didn't directly quote it, which apparently means its invented, according to someone

are you just being bitter because you think a few social media posts prove something is a championship and i called you on it?

come on dude discuss the topic
Old 29 Nov 2016, 06:55 (Ref:3691968)   #560
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a championship, when it's held over several events and the overall winner is determined by a total points tally.

Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. It's not like you have a dog in this fight.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 07:06 (Ref:3691970)   #561
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
It is a championship, when it's held over several events and the overall winner is determined by a total points tally.

Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. It's not like you have a dog in this fight.
Do you have a dog in the fight?

Thats not what a championship is defined as. 'The winner of a second division is never the winner of the championship, just the winner of 2nd division

Which is how CAMS have determined Formula Ford to be when it took away its championship status and gave it to Formula 4.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 07:35 (Ref:3691972)   #562
Umai Naa
Veteran

There may or may not be a few members posting in here, who are, or have invested time and money into drivers mentioned in this thread.

So yes, it's possible that I have a dog in this fight.

What's the Formula Ford division above the Australian Formula Ford Series?
Old 29 Nov 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3691974)   #563
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
There may or may not be a few members posting in here, who are, or have invested time and money into drivers mentioned in this thread.

So yes, it's possible that I have a dog in this fight.

What's the Formula Ford division above the Australian Formula Ford Series?
And thats great for them but it doesnt change the point "about whether or not there will ever be a female driver win a driving championship in classes like Aussie V8's, F1, F3, Nascar, Indy/Champ cars, BTCC etc etc?"

Its great that Leanne won the series and worth discussing , but she is not the first to win a similar level series. (although maybe in Australia). she is also the oldest to win the championship

And it doesnt change if Formula Ford is still a championship which it isnt. (Its a second level entry level open wheel series) But even if it was a championship it would still fall short of Dashers criteria
Old 29 Nov 2016, 08:01 (Ref:3691981)   #564
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dude stop being the dead horse about FFord - CAMS absolutely 100% shafted FFord to promote their series, WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER OWNED

An ASN making a move like this is a snide, cynical, self-interested move and should not be held up as an example of anything.

Also, dasher's post included etc etc and I'm prepared to accept Formula Ford under etc status.

Especially seeing as there are more pistons in a Formula Ford engine than there were competitors in the F4
Old 29 Nov 2016, 11:50 (Ref:3692042)   #565
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Dude stop being the dead horse about FFord - CAMS absolutely 100% shafted FFord to promote their series, WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER OWNED

An ASN making a move like this is a snide, cynical, self-interested move and should not be held up as an example of anything.

Also, dasher's post included etc etc and I'm prepared to accept Formula Ford under etc status.

Especially seeing as there are more pistons in a Formula Ford engine than there were competitors in the F4
Formula fords have 9 pistons? I didnt know that

You can accept whatever status you want. But it doesnt meet the standard Dasher set on page one, As i said similar levels were mentioned on page one and excluded.

In my opinion Leanne finishing 2nd in F3 in 08 is a much better achievement than this formula Ford series win and it would have meet Dashers criteria
Old 29 Nov 2016, 20:45 (Ref:3692201)   #566
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Leanne still get a trip to Europe for being crowned champion?
Old 29 Nov 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3692204)   #567
Umai Naa
Veteran

I think it's a trip to America these days.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3692207)   #568
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Female competitors in motorsport seem to be on the up, however.
True. Christina Nielsen won IMSA Championship, Magda Andersson missed Touringcar tile in Euro RX by one point, Molly Taylor is Australian Rally Champion and Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky has won a race in Scirocco R Cup. And these are just some examples... It´s quite obvious that there are more and more (really talented) female competitors.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3692209)   #569
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.U. View Post
Christina Nielsen won IMSA Championship.
Maybe a winner there against Dashers criteria. will leave that to him to adjudicate
Old 30 Nov 2016, 06:16 (Ref:3692279)   #570
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
are you just being bitter because you think a few social media posts prove something is a championship and i called you on it?

come on dude discuss the topic
No I'm calling you on your double standards towards semantics
Old 30 Nov 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3692492)   #571
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
No I'm calling you on your double standards towards semantics
Stick to the topic instead of trolling a poster

Got anything to say on Christina Nielsen winning IMSA Championship.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3692499)   #572
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think it's a trip to America these days.
The scholarship final invites are limited to drivers aged 14-25. Will Brown (coincidentally also the F4 champion) gets the Aus FF slot: http://usf2000.com/news/field-set-fo...rship-shootout
Old 1 Dec 2016, 00:02 (Ref:3692553)   #573
Umai Naa
Veteran

Yeah, I did read she was ineligible but it wasn't stated why, so i assumed it was her age.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 01:06 (Ref:3692567)   #574
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Stick to the topic instead of trolling a poster
Hahahahahahaha. Thats great.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 01:12 (Ref:3692569)   #575
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Hahahahahahaha. Thats great.
appreciate the master laughing at this one

Now get back on topic