Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 1 Jun 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2473631)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forza Motorsport 3 - Our Dreams have been answered (merged)

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/default.htm

im speechless, seriously guys.

Old 1 Jun 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2473637)   #2
MarkkuAlen86
Rookie

Wales
Wales
MarkkuAlen86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good.

May aswell stop playing Forza 2 then.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2473656)   #3
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In car view that's a proper, in car view. That's something I've been waiting for.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2473673)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, Its been announced that, because of their involvement with Audi, they will ACCURETLY recreate all of the tracks they have triumphed on in recent years.

Le Mans just got announced, basicaly..
Old 1 Jun 2009, 22:40 (Ref:2473711)   #5
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Audi have won at Spa too, fingers crossed...............
Old 1 Jun 2009, 23:10 (Ref:2473718)   #6
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I think Audi have won everywhere lol :P
Old 1 Jun 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2473720)   #7
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Hahaha true that...
Old 1 Jun 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2473721)   #8
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As Jeremy Clackson would say,

SWEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Old 1 Jun 2009, 23:19 (Ref:2473723)   #9
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
This looks soo good, I'd like to if they have done much with customisation options this time, whether they have added to or cut back, hopefully the former rather then the latter.

Does someone have a time machine I can borrow? October is looking quite appealing.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2473917)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
There will be more customisation as far as the cars themselves go. Improved livery editor (YYYAAAAYYYY) and I cant wait to see the choice of aero pieces and rims.

Also a video editor, from which you can upload videos onto XBL in full HD.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2473989)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Does someone have a time machine I can borrow? October is looking quite appealing.
You can but I'm going first. Time displacement field here I come!
Old 2 Jun 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2473992)   #12
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Fantec 911 Turbo S wheel looks good. Even though I told myself I would never go back on my Logitech G-25, a clone of the G-25 for the Xbox 360 is good enough. Is anyone going to enter the R8 Livery Challenge?
Old 2 Jun 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2473993)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
So basicaly, heres the new features..

-Video Editor
-Tyre bending (ala LFS)
-New driving assists, including one button driving and timeshift (hmm, grid..)
-New graphics engine (we can already see it and it looks awsome)
-In-car veiws
-400 cars, 50 Manufacturers
-115 circuit layouts!
-New test track replacing FM2's horrible TT courses, called Ladera.

Stuff that im expecting:

-Circuit de La Sarthe (poster with Xbox Logo, LM track map and date - 12/6/09)
-Radio Le Mans intergrated into the game (Hindy mentioned a 'new way' to listen to 'some' listeners to be announced on the 12th of June.. Coincides with Xbox, La Sarthe announcment, coincenedence?)

RLM might be unlikely, but how awsome will it be if we get to all listen to LM next year while driving around the track!
Old 2 Jun 2009, 15:34 (Ref:2474086)   #14
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Hopefully the diesel powered LM cars will run further than the petrol ones aswell and rev at lower speeds. I'd like to see if i could look after my tyres for 2 hours with a full tank of diesel, rather than say pit every hour for another full tank of petrol and more new tyres.

If that happens it would be good as you would have to think about when to push and when to save fuel and tyres etc
Old 3 Jun 2009, 10:26 (Ref:2474583)   #15
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
There will be more customisation as far as the cars themselves go. Improved livery editor (YYYAAAAYYYY) and I cant wait to see the choice of aero pieces and rims.

Also a video editor, from which you can upload videos onto XBL in full HD.
saweeeeet, im looking forward to that video editor, sounds like it would be absolutely fantastic, im assuming you can make music video's etc that kind of thing?

would be nice to see new aero pieces and so on, side exit exhaust's and different exhaust's, diffuser styles, dive plane's etc, im struggling to think how they could improve the livery editor though, it was pretty damned perfect in Forza 2, wonder if Forza 3 will have improved sounds, better shift sounds and backfire's which were in Forza 1 but not in Forza 2.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 10:47 (Ref:2474593)   #16
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
It'l be similar to the prgression between GT3 and GT4 i'd imagine. Forza 2 was the first on the new console for the series, therefore it wasn't perfect, and Im sure it still used the same graphics and physics engine as FM1, just as GT3 was GT2 with shiny graphics. There will be lots of different modes like Oval, Road, Drag, point to point, drift etc.. And theres rumours that we will be seeing some LMP2 Coupes and that you can paint EVERY car in the game... Should be interesting..

Its gonna be a long 4 months, and then we have to wait till Christmas to see how it compares to GT5.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2474633)   #17
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
saweeeeet, im looking forward to that video editor, sounds like it would be absolutely fantastic, im assuming you can make music video's etc that kind of thing?

would be nice to see new aero pieces and so on, side exit exhaust's and different exhaust's, diffuser styles, dive plane's etc, im struggling to think how they could improve the livery editor though, it was pretty damned perfect in Forza 2, wonder if Forza 3 will have improved sounds, better shift sounds and backfire's which were in Forza 1 but not in Forza 2.

Just give me better dump valve noises and supercharger noises and i am happy, or the noise of the tvr sagaris from Test Drive Unlimited! That engine when tuned and at full pelt sounds sooooooooooooooo sweet!
Old 3 Jun 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2474647)   #18
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I tell you what, that 370Z in the trailer looks gorgeous!
Old 3 Jun 2009, 14:17 (Ref:2474733)   #19
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
La Sarthe in it's full glory sounds neat. Surely they need to allow for a 24 hour race, as well as at night, in any case. But I haven't seen any screens for night racing.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 16:35 (Ref:2474806)   #20
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT5 will have the 24h of Le Mans, 24h of Nurburgring, and 24h of Daytona plus official licenses from Nascar and WRC. Not only that but it also will have full damge, day/night change, and dynamic weather effects. Forza 3 has a pretty face and some cheap gimmicky features but GT5 is just as pretty but also does some stuff thats unprecedented and has never been done (well) before in a console game.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2474968)   #21
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongman View Post
GT5 will have the 24h of Le Mans, 24h of Nurburgring, and 24h of Daytona plus official licenses from Nascar and WRC. Not only that but it also will have full damge, day/night change, and dynamic weather effects. Forza 3 has a pretty face and some cheap gimmicky features but GT5 is just as pretty but also does some stuff thats unprecedented and has never been done (well) before in a console game.
Oh god, I thought we would be fanboy free...

I thought wrong.

Right, so, FULL 24 hour races that you have to do yourself, oh, thats realistic. Err, about 70 different Yaris' and Micra's (oh, and the same cars with different names, the game has the Micra AND the March, WOW!) and 1000 different Skylines. Oh, and its small community is made up of fanboys..

Common, grow up.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2475000)   #22
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
I realise that Gran Turismo 5 wiol be seen as the be all and end all of motorsport by those with a PS3,and will be absolutely amazing to drive, especially if what I saw of Prologue is to go by, but the reason i got a 360 rather than a PS3 is that I had an Xbox, which along with it's successor are the only ones that I like the feel of, as both Forza games felt better to drive than GT4 because of it.

I'm not too fussed about the rally championship, or whether there is NASCAR racing on a gome. If I wanted those series, I can just spend £20 on rFactor, get a decent mod, and have done with it. As it stands, I'll be getting Forza 3, because it's a nicely progressing series, and the visuals are equally stunning, wether or not night racing is present (or even the La Sarthe circuit, though it would be nice to have).

Everyone has their own opinions, and it would be kinda nice to have a legitimate discussion without any arguments between the two games.

Thankyou in advance

Tathrim.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2475006)   #23
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I totaly agree with you on that one.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 01:20 (Ref:2475065)   #24
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Videos look amazing, can't wait to get a demo or some videos through Xbox Live so I can see them on the big screen. Gamestop still doesn't have it up on their site for preorder but will be checking everyday now, been playing Forza lately since FM2 was getting stale.
Hoping for some of the ACO P2 cars will be added to this one, would love to challenge myself between the R10/908 and RS Spyder/ARX-01s. Maybe a Spyker either GT2 or streetcar, AM V12 vantage, Morgans GT3 or new street car.

Prius and Accord V6 Hybrid as well maybe? Could be good for enduros, maybe make it without a stop
Old 4 Jun 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2475207)   #25
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
WOW, I didn't realise we had rollover!!! that's just cool!!

Sorry, I'm beng a fanboy, I shouldn't be. Can I be forgiven?