Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Feb 2004, 13:39 (Ref:866330)   #1
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McNish and Audi

With the BBC reporting that Giorgio Pantano will get the second Jordan seat, surely this bolsters the chances of seeing McNish back in an R8 at Le Mans (and Sebring)?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3466723.stm

I'm thrilled to see Pantano in F1, even more so at the idea of Allan at Le Mans...
Old 7 Feb 2004, 16:29 (Ref:866430)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I read in Motor Sport News on wednesday, talks between McNish and Audi had broken down
Old 7 Feb 2004, 18:46 (Ref:866498)   #3
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Well........................lets wait and see!!!!
Old 7 Feb 2004, 19:38 (Ref:866526)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mc Nish certainly wants to race at Le Mans. There are others good teams looking after a fast pilot.
However, even if talks between him and Audi had broken down, he can race for one of the private teams, Audi UK for example.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 20:43 (Ref:866578)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I hope that McNish gets some seat racing somewhere. While I am sure he is a valuable testing asset, he is just too good to not be seen.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 10:07 (Ref:866915)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
even if talks between him and Audi had broken down, he can race for one of the private teams, Audi UK for example.
Wasn't the Audi UK seat the one he was after?
Old 8 Feb 2004, 10:33 (Ref:866928)   #7
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
aren't all the audis "private" now?
Old 8 Feb 2004, 11:07 (Ref:866945)   #8
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Yup
Old 8 Feb 2004, 12:10 (Ref:867000)   #9
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
From what I read in Motor Sport News on wednesday, talks between McNish and Audi had broken down
I saw that briefly in Autosport not long after starting thia thread - any word on why things aren't working out? It would seem quite logical (for them to agree something) as i'm not aware of any other top drives McNish could gain.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 13:26 (Ref:867067)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Well lets see if Autosport are correct then shall we?!?
Old 8 Feb 2004, 16:15 (Ref:867182)   #11
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Graham, you're usually so well informed that your doubts bring a lot of hope
Old 8 Feb 2004, 16:19 (Ref:867187)   #12
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I second that

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 8 Feb 2004, 17:46 (Ref:867226)   #13
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Who mentioned doubts?!?!?!?!?!
Old 8 Feb 2004, 21:55 (Ref:867472)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
You are also, Mr. Goodwin, a terrible tease.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 22:00 (Ref:867474)   #15
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
I believe the question will be answered within a day or so - nothing is yet certain but fingers crossed one and all!
Old 10 Feb 2004, 00:05 (Ref:868948)   #16
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmmm, Nishy in an R8 at LM. Yes please.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 05:40 (Ref:869073)   #17
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Seems to be quite official now.

With Audi UK for Sebring LM and LMES.

Should be a cracking Sebring.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 12:41 (Ref:869430)   #18
the_fury
Rookie

the_fury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well according to his website he's still a formula one driver

I bumped into him once when I was out jogging, he was getting into a wheelcovers spec alfa 155...
Old 10 Feb 2004, 12:41 (Ref:869431)   #19
the_fury
Rookie

the_fury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well according to his website he's still a formula one driver

I bumped into him once when I was out jogging, he was getting into a wheelcovers spec alfa 156...
Old 10 Feb 2004, 13:16 (Ref:869462)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I had a chat to him a few weeks ago, a really nice guy. Wherever he ends up I am sure he will give 100% as he always does.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 14:00 (Ref:869503)   #21
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
For the doubting Thomases (Really I should have posted the link last night)

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=02690389
Old 10 Feb 2004, 15:16 (Ref:869563)   #22
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
So could someone clarify the Veloqx line-up; I count Smith, Davies, Turner, Kaffer, Biela, McNish and Herbert, which seems to be one too many...
Old 10 Feb 2004, 15:42 (Ref:869581)   #23
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMES: Davies/Smith/Kaffer/McNish

Sebring, Le Mans: Herbert and Biela

Thats what everyone knew I think so where did Turner come from?

Last edited by Duffacus; 10 Feb 2004 at 15:43.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 10 Feb 2004, 15:53 (Ref:869593)   #24
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Darren Turner was confirmed last week i thought ? 7 into 6 doesn't go. Can anyone clarify ???
Old 10 Feb 2004, 16:05 (Ref:869601)   #25
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/driver_select.asp?cid=28

FWIW - crash net has him listed as a VELOQX PRODRIVE RACING (LMGTS) driver. Right team, wrong car on someones part.