Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Feb 2004, 15:54 (Ref:870817)   #1
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Euro GT series

Haven't heard much this year so far from this Championship but now the first race is only two months away, The Euro GT Series first race will be at Assen but the Championship will only visit Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands. This is to avoid high travel costs. No race at Donington then

The grid has the potential to be big this year and it will include ex-V8 star cars after that championship was cancelled. This is quoted from the Eurogt website:

"The grid in 2004 will look differently from that in 2003, although it is expected that the regular teams of 2003 with their Porsche GT3-RS and GT2, Stealth B6, Chrysler and Oreca Viper, Marcos Mantis and LM 600, and Ferrari 360 Modena will be present again. We expect some exciting new cars such as the Panoz Esperante and the Ferrari F40, and new teams from Switzerland and Sweden. But the most impressive may be the presence of a group of V8 Star cars. The representatives of the V8 Star teams expect that at least seven cars will participate this year, forming a separate Class on the grid. As in 2003, the Euro Promo Class will host some exciting saloon cars."

The Euro GT series might not be as big as FIAGT but I think its still a championship well worth keeping up with.

What are your opinions on this championship?

Info from http://www.eurogtseries.com/

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 11 Feb 2004, 16:01 (Ref:870823)   #2
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i watched it support the DTM race at Donington in 2002 - Euser's Marcos against the pair of Zwaan's Vipers and a few 993 GT2s and 996 GT3s - it was an excellent race.

am not sure how long it will last though - if i was running a team i'd go for Belcar or FFSA GT, as both have a higher profile.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 17:35 (Ref:870926)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The last few years the Euro GT Series is struggling, I would prefer Belcar above Euro GT.