Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3838240)   #126
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I was slightly perplexed by the decision to put Verstappen on inters. It seemed a gamble for someone quite well placed.
It was Max's call. He wanted the inters and the team let him go with them. Confirmed by Horner post race.

Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3838242)   #127
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Karma is a *****. Ain't it?

Vettel's radio message when he won in Silverstone was just foul, mouthing off something about beating the Brits in their backyard, and hanging the British flag at the doors of Maranello. Add to that Ferrari's post race press brief which had a dig at Hamilton with the title. Uncalled for.

And then in the very next race, Finger Boi crashes from the lead, all on his own, in his home GP, when he had absolutely no reason to push!?? Karma!

Not ashamed to say I giggled my ass off when Finger Boi went off. I was almost certain he would do something like that. Was expecting an off track excursion, or maybe a spin, but not a trip into the barrier. Anytime there is a sprinkle of water, the "4 time champion" turns into jelly. Cannot drive in the wet as good as in the dry. Can't keep it on the track or keep up the speed in the rain. How many times has he done it now?

If anyone is questioning why Vettel will go down in history as the most overrated F1 driver of all time, that was the perfect answer. 4 time champion my ass.

You were much more reticent after last race.... hoping all is ok in your life, fingers crossed xxxx
Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3838251)   #128
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Vettel's radio message when he won in Silverstone was just foul, mouthing off something about beating the Brits in their backyard, and hanging the British flag at the doors of Maranello. Add to that Ferrari's post race press brief which had a dig at Hamilton with the title. Uncalled for.

And then in the very next race, Finger Boi crashes from the lead, all on his own, in his home GP, when he had absolutely no reason to push!?? Karma!

Not ashamed to say I giggled my ass off when Finger Boi went off. I was almost certain he would do something like that. Was expecting an off track excursion, or maybe a spin, but not a trip into the barrier. Anytime there is a sprinkle of water, the "4 time champion" turns into jelly. Cannot drive in the wet as good as in the dry. Can't keep it on the track or keep up the speed in the rain. How many times has he done it now?

If anyone is questioning why Vettel will go down in history as the most overrated F1 driver of all time, that was the perfect answer. 4 time champion my ass.

Yes, because you just ooze class. So much so that I could bottle the left overs and sell it on eBay.

Pot, Kettle, Blackest black in the history of black.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3838252)   #129
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Fact is the top three teams were in a class of their own again, Max could afford to pit and still come out way in front of K Mag
Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3838257)   #130
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a way for me to block this “F1Guy” so I don’t have to see his posts anymore?

Literally every post I see of his is complete bullshit
Old 23 Jul 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3838273)   #131
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Vettel's first two Grand Prix victories were in the wet, at Monza 2008 and Shanghai 2009.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3838274)   #132
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Vettel's first two Grand Prix victories were in the wet, at Monza 2008 and Shanghai 2009.
Don't come in here with your facts and reasoning. You'll be beheaded as well!
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:05 (Ref:3838280)   #133
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3838282)   #134
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

No way Jose. It's Mid-Ohio this weekend and I'm looking forward to that.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3838330)   #135
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
The problem now is a precedent has been set - how can they penalize any other driver for aborting a pit stop in a similar manner?

Isn't this F1? The most elite motorsport category on the planet? Any breach of the rules should be punished as teams are intimately familiar with said rules and have budgets which should eliminate such amateur mistakes that Mercedes and Ferrari seem to make
Charlie Whiting says no precedent was set. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...hiting-1063082
Old 23 Jul 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3838331)   #136
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd really like to 'quote' the entire previous God-knows-how-many pages of verbiage, because it does seems to me that a great many of my fellow posters are either not getting enough or not getting [I]out[I] enough. (NB – there is a real world out there...)

Vettel crashed, Hamilton was exonerated by the stewards of any misdemeanour at his aborted pit stop and went on to win the race in fine style. Job done. End of. Next...
Old 23 Jul 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3838338)   #137
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
Is there a way for me to block [a user]
Yes. Go to your control panel and there is an option in there. It's called the ignore list. .

"My CP"
"Edit Ignore List"
Type in the user name and click "Okay".

https://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?..._buddy_explain
Old 24 Jul 2018, 01:32 (Ref:3838402)   #138
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes. Go to your control panel and there is an option in there. It's called the ignore list. .

"My CP"
"Edit Ignore List"
Type in the user name and click "Okay".

https://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?..._buddy_explain
Then you too can post stuff that has already been said and dumb the forum down a bit more.

When someone gets too far out of hand, the mods will take care of him for you.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 01:54 (Ref:3838405)   #139
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
Is there a way for me to block this “F1Guy” so I don’t have to see his posts anymore?

Literally every post I see of his is complete bullshit
As Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote in her 1906 biography, 'The Friends of Voltaire', "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

There you go F1Guy.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 02:10 (Ref:3838408)   #140
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

No way Jose. It's Mid-Ohio this weekend and I'm looking forward to that.

I know man my excitement for Indycar with Dixon leading the points is a 10/10. My excitement for F1 despite there being a big battle for the title is considerable lower... at the end of the day who really cares if Seb or Lulu take their 5th title. They've got enough and I certainly wouldn't want to see either of them match Schumachers record before they retire. Time for some fresh talent to take the mantle in F1 a bit like Indycar is seeing (apart from Dixon leading haha).
Old 24 Jul 2018, 10:43 (Ref:3838466)   #141
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Then you too can post stuff that has already been said and dumb the forum down a bit more.

When someone gets too far out of hand, the mods will take care of him for you.
Thanks for your help.

There are many ways the forum can improve the quality of the discussion. Have a read of the FAQ it gives some really good advice.

Setting a good example of interesting discussion is one. Not responding to users who wind you up with drivel is another (the ignore function is one way of doing this). Finally the mods may intervene (you can use the report function), but that is the least desirable and, arguably, the least productive way.

Back to the subject, let’s not get bogged down in this tedious distraction.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3838562)   #142
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I know man my excitement for Indycar with Dixon leading the points is a 10/10. My excitement for F1 despite there being a big battle for the title is considerable lower... at the end of the day who really cares if Seb or Lulu take their 5th title.
I agree on that.
Almost everyone can win in Indycar, that's one of its charms - where a F1 Grand Prix is a race of 2 worlds: 6 and 14 others.

Although it must be said: every single series I watch has its advantages and disadvantages. I try to appreciate every single one for what it is, but that should not make us/me blind for its shortcomings.
So far - even if it is perhaps not the highest level - ELMS has disappointed me the least.

(And BTW: Dixon is amazing )

--

Back on topic:

There was only 8 seconds between 5th (Hulkenberg) and 12th (Magnussen) on the road (discounting the 10s penalty for Sainz).
Grosjean (6th) overtook Magnussen (12th -> 11th) the lap before Vettel crashed, or even on that very lap (they were both already lapped I think?).
That proved to be a very important pass, as afterwards Magnussen had to queue twice behind Grosjean in the pits.

Last edited by gert; 24 Jul 2018 at 19:09.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 19:13 (Ref:3838566)   #143
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
I'd really like to 'quote' the entire previous God-knows-how-many pages of verbiage, because it does seems to me that a great many of my fellow posters are either not getting enough or not getting [I]out[I] enough. (NB – there is a real world out there...)

Vettel crashed, Hamilton was exonerated by the stewards of any misdemeanour at his aborted pit stop and went on to win the race in fine style. Job done. End of. Next...
Yep. That works well for me.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 19:34 (Ref:3838579)   #144
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Forgotten..it's an age thing..what's next?
Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3838605)   #145
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Forgotten..it's an age thing..what's next?
Depending on your preference: Hungaroring, or Spa 24 Hours? Or both.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 08:26 (Ref:3838658)   #146
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There is a big gap between the top three teams and the rest. Need a better mix in future
Old 25 Jul 2018, 15:39 (Ref:3838734)   #147
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Depending on your preference: Hungaroring, or Spa 24 Hours? Or both.
Ah yes...I forgot..Got to be Spa, a seat on Eau Rouge and that lovely Belgian beer in the bars by the coach park because your coach cannot get out of its parking space for 3 hours after race..
Old 25 Jul 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3838763)   #148
S griffin
Veteran

And don't forget the frites either
Old 26 Jul 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3838834)   #149
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Sorry, didn't realise Sebastian Vettel is a forum member. The rules state you are not allowed personal attacks on a forum member, but I wasn't aware Vettel was a forum member!??

Hello Seb mate, apologise for my comments champ. We all make mistakes you know. Was in the heat of the moment. Have a good race in Hungary buddy. Take it easy on that ERS button now won't you.

Old 26 Jul 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3838842)   #150
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
The Ferrari ERS still a talking point in Germany.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...trange-ferrari

Two years worth of engine development in just two months. How is that even possible? Rival engineers are very suspicious. That horse smells of fish lately.