Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Aug 2011, 10:27 (Ref:2946243)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
I couldnt care less about the private life. I care more about which Mod changed the thread from SEQ to the seperation thing, could only be one.
And what of it? The revised thread heading matches exactly the title of ghe article on Speedcafe released today.

In post 3 of what's left of this thread, the explanation of what I considered the opening post to actually mean was detailed.

You seem to have an issue with the way this site is moderated. I invite you to write to webmaster@ten-tenths.com to explain what could be done differently, in your view.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Aug 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2946244)   #52
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
You are right Jerez, It never seemed to effect Brocks image with the public, twice divorced, regular womaniser, possibly according to one of his wives a wife beater, believed in some weird new age stuff, but oh how we mourned and worshiped him

it should not really effect peoples opinion of lowndes, it certainly didnt effect his form on the weekend
And what is he most remembered, by Joe Public, for? A probably never to be equalled 9 Bathurst wins. Not his personal life.

A millstone removed from his neck might just see Lowndesy with yet another Bathurst win, or two, or more.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2946285)   #53
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
axeman , this forum constantly speculates over who is getting sacked or who is getting employed, I have never once seen you come out and defended Alex Davison for that rumour, how come, poor bloke is, according to this forum, about to get sacked, It hasnt been made public, Where is your defense? Come on go into attack and defend the named. In this threads case there are no names but for some reason you feel willing to defend it.

Dont be hypocritical about this, your either in for defending against gossip or you are not

Or is it only when that it has to do with divorce that you have an issue? In which case I disagree with you because its relevent to mortorsport,

We are weeks away from people who use this forum putting there cold hard cash over the counter to bet on Bathurst, and a potential divorce is a snippet that may influence peoples betsand we are not talking a few dollars here betting on bathurst is big money
Alex Davison getting sacked is of motorsport interest, if you cannot see the difference then there is no helping you. Oh and by the way, i did defend Mr A Davison this time last year. I'm sorry if i haven't been on here within 10 seconds of it being announced to publicly support him. I actually have a life away from the monitor and keyboard.

I am all for who will finding out who will be driving for whom next year, and any other silly season, as that IS motorsport. Drivers and Team personnel private lives I do not delve into.

and if this is all about the potential to not drive well, check the results sheet from last weekend.

you say i have no reason to offer as to why this shouldn't be brought up, show me a real reason it should? how about you defend something for a change.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2946288)   #54
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just goes to show how interesting the Supercar Circus is, when most are going on about someones private life.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2946333)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
I actually have a life away from the monitor and keyboard.
Now come on... You know that's just not allowed!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Aug 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2946624)   #56
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't say I am surprised, not to mention some previous indication I had, but also I thought they were a pretty weird paring to begin with.
Old 27 Aug 2011, 01:00 (Ref:2946673)   #57
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Can't say I am surprised, not to mention some previous indication I had, but also I thought they were a pretty weird paring to begin with.
In what way did you think that they were a "pretty weird pairing" ?
Old 27 Aug 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2946752)   #58
Widow Maker
Rookie

Widow Maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So did craig get caught parking #888 in another females garage? It's been a rumour around the paddock for years.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2947023)   #59
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also wonder why this thread exists. The saying 'Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people' springs to mind.

Anyhow I'd just like to express my thoughts to Craig & Natalie, separations are never easy and I hope you're both doing ok.

Probably needless to say this will be my first and last visit to this thread.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 08:03 (Ref:2947061)   #60
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post
I also wonder why this thread exists. The saying 'Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people' springs to mind.

Anyhow I'd just like to express my thoughts to Craig & Natalie, separations are never easy and I hope you're both doing ok.

Great post, wonderfully condescending. If your quote was correct, anyone posting to any topic in the 10 tenths forum is a moron.

Better still, wishing the best to Craig and Natalie. Just in case they are reading the forum, so I guess you think they are as bad as the rest of us.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2947094)   #61
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post

I'd never heard that quote before . Possibly, because I tend to discuss, primarily, people and events and not much on ideas.
And I reckon you will be back here , just to check on the responses to your post.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2947134)   #62
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Your in trouble
Old 29 Aug 2011, 04:28 (Ref:2947436)   #63
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
This sort of stuff is openly discussed in the media when it comes to football, and i'm sure all the AFL scandels were discussed on AFL forums? Why is motor racing any different?
Yes, but lets remember that everything in AFL is played out in public, as most of those blokes never grow up anyway and can't get enough attention. Those blokes can't even go to shops or have a shower without getting on Twitter and telling everyone.....

The one thing about this I've noticed, is that everyone is looking for the scandal. Maybe, for once, no one got caught with there pants down and they have genuinely gone there seperate ways. But then, no one can accept that such a event could happen, given what Hollywood spits out at us as being gospel......
Old 29 Aug 2011, 04:40 (Ref:2947442)   #64
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
much of a twitter user Deno?

from Jamie's twitter

Quote:
Nothing better than coming home to a flat battery, Thomo you need auto lights. Dutto about to save my arse again, 5min away with jumpers!
or frosty
Quote:
That black picture frame we bought from ikea yep going back there to swap it for a white one. Love ikea !!
Old 29 Aug 2011, 06:51 (Ref:2947472)   #65
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Yes, but lets remember that everything in AFL is played out in public, as most of those blokes never grow up anyway and can't get enough attention. Those blokes can't even go to shops or have a shower without getting on Twitter and telling everyone.....
Isn't that exactly the kind of attention that V8Supercar promotors have been seeking for years though (ie... something in the papers every day)?
Old 29 Aug 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2948008)   #66
Falcon GT
Rookie

Falcon GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason why Lowndes performance hasn't dropped of is because this is old news.

I knew around 12 months ago this was happening.
Craig has had plenty of time to adjust

If the real reasons why ever see the light of day, he'll kiss his clean cut image goodbye forever
Old 30 Aug 2011, 06:48 (Ref:2948120)   #67
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon GT View Post
The reason why Lowndes performance hasn't dropped of is because this is old news.

If the real reasons why ever see the light of day, he'll kiss his clean cut image goodbye forever

Oh, another well informed comment.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2948211)   #68
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Oh dear!!

Time to change the subject???

How much do you think that property is worth anyway???

Or perhaps does VESA need a bad boy to sell a different image???
Old 30 Aug 2011, 11:23 (Ref:2948243)   #69
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well

There was this one time, at Sandown

And Craig was enjoying the spoils of a win !

Throw in a transporter

Some promo girls, being very attentive to his needs

And in walks Nat.....

But I think she was still a well paid "Ford wife" back then, so i guess that made things easier.

to Swallow ....LOL

Old 30 Aug 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2948297)   #70
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sit the fence here lads and gals.

NRL Stars totally cop it - but they tend to have a higher douchebag to nige guy ratio due to the size of their overall playing rosters. Same with AFL, when compared to say Rugby, top flite Cricket, and of course Motorsports.

So, if there is a scandal to be heard in Motorsports, its news.

All of this said, if the two have had issues it really needs to be left to lie. Any human needs to be accountable for their own actions, but they are also entitled to sort it out without know-it-alls speculating on the occurances...
Old 30 Aug 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2948590)   #71
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
Well

There was this one time, at Sandown

And Craig was enjoying the spoils of a win !

Throw in a transporter

Some promo girls, being very attentive to his needs

And in walks Nat.....

But I think she was still a well paid "Ford wife" back then, so i guess that made things easier.

to Swallow ....LOL

Seems a bit odd he'd have an orgy at the track in a transporter while his wife was around. That one seems a bit of a stretch, unless Lowndesy likes to fly that close to the edge. Nat is kind of a big hoss of a woman, so I wouldn't want to tick her off.

In any case, it's a shame about any divorce when kids are involved.

Personally, I firmly believe that if you want to experience the world of women and fool around, as I do, and don't want commitments and responsibilities for other people, as I don't right now, don't get married.
Old 31 Aug 2011, 03:07 (Ref:2948673)   #72
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The old grid girls in the transporter story..... How many times I have heard stories like that about other drivers..... When will someone come up with a different storey for once....

Obviously no one has read in between the lines of the press release, it says that they have seperated, nothing about divorce and secondly she's still involved with the business interests the two have. So judging by that she still gets her share, whislt he retains his arms, legs and any other limbs.
Old 31 Aug 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2948780)   #73
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Craig and Nat are splitting up..... big deal. I don't know what the official stats on divorce rates are, but I believe it is around 1 in 3 marriages break up. Nothing new or earth shattering here. Chances are, many people here have had relationship breakups or had family members or friends go down this path. This thread is starting to get a bit tabloid, with a "letters to the editor" feel about it. As somebody said earlier, is this a motorsport forum???
Old 31 Aug 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2948785)   #74
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
if its no big deal, then there is no reason to not discuss it
Old 31 Aug 2011, 20:43 (Ref:2949067)   #75
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
is this a motorsport forum???
Is Craig Lowndes a motorsport stakeholder?

Is Criag Lowndes happy to have his head in every square inch of TV when he can?

Is Craig Lowndes happy to participate in reality TV Programs?

Is Craig Lowndes happy to be interviewed and have his head splashed around every glossy magazine, including motorsport ones.

The answer is a big fat whopping YES!!!, so get over it, you are what you create for yourself.
Closed Thread