Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 15 Jan 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3792845)   #1
Dyod76
Rookie

Australia
Burradoo NSW Australia
Dyod76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
March S2000 (82S-4) history search

Hello all

I've owned my 1982 March S2000 (chassis # 82S-4) for the past three years. During this time I've been searching its pre-1995 history without success. I'm certain though that someone (hopefully on this Forum) will know something about it or at least steer me in the right direction. Here's what I know as potential clues.

1. In late 1994 / early 1995 the March was reported sold by Joe Nastasi (then Lamborghini East Coast distributor in New York) to Anthony Sylvander and Jason Late.

2. Joe Stimola was involved with race preparation as both Anthony and Jason were inexperienced competitors.

3. Its current SCCA logbook and roll bar stamp is dated March 1995. However, I reckon that this was not the original SCCA logbook and stamped number. More about this in a moment.

4. Jason Late told me that the March was red with black "headlight" decals when they bought it. It may have even carried #90 at that time too. Attached is a photo of how it looked when Anthony Sylvander first raced it in 1995.

5. However, there is another potential SCCA drilled hole (tubing thickness check) on an adjacent roll bar tube. Adjacent to that hole is a diagonal area where the chrome has been ground away very roughly. I think the ground area may have been where the original SCCA logbook stamp may have been. Photo attached.

6. The remote on-board fire extinguisher release is mounted on the top left of the apex of the roll cage. This is different to many March S2000 cars I've seen. The letter "E" is painted on the bracket. Photo attached.

7. The front body panel has a decal impregnated underneath - Glashaus International in Norcross Georgia. Of course that company is long gone. I've attached a photo of the decal.

8. The chassis tag is genuine and the chassis is stamped 81SM-08 - which theoretically the right production number for the tag. The fuel cell is the original as produced in late 1980.

I would value any advice or leads as to where my search needs to go for the period 1982 - 1995. Presuming Jason Late's recollection is good, I hope that someone may recognize the March prior to their ownership from the photo - as there weren't many March S2000 cars in competition world-wide. I'm presuming my March raced exclusively in the USA but again I'm uncertain.

I can be contacted via either: dyod302@gmail.com

Regards

David Stone
Burradoo NSW Australia
Attached Thumbnails
ASylvander1995.JPG   Chassis Tag - 82S-4.JPG   March production stamp - 81SM08.jpg  

82S-4 rollbar.jpg   Glashaus International - Norcross, Georgia.JPG   Fire extinguisher bracket 82S-4.JPG  

Old 15 Jan 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3792865)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Hi David, welcome to the forum!

I’ve moved your thread to ‘Motorsport History’, which should be the best place to attract response. There is a ‘redirect’ should anyone spot it on HRT.