Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Do you really believe in these rumours?
Yes 2 8.00%
No 14 56.00%
I'm really not that sure, you know. 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Jun 2003, 18:35 (Ref:618163)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2004 Rumour Mill Latest: Montoya To Replace Schumacher At Ferrari!!!!!!!!!

Some rumours turn out to be right. Others not so correct. But Montoya to be Ferrari No.1 in 2004? Give me a break.

But wait. This year Michael has changed. His mother died recently. The Italian press were all over him after he failed to win any of the first three races, causing Michael to get rather upset. The Germans called him a "bumbling gorilla", a somewhat unfair comment on a five-times world champ. Michael also misses his family at race meetings a lot more than he used to. His hunger is still intact but if he is beaten down into second place in the championship this year he may decide his time has passed.....

The press criticism really hurt Michael and he is said to have signallled his imminent retirement to Mr Todt and Herr Brawn.

I wonder. But if this is all true and Montoya leaves for Ferrari I can't wait until next year!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 02:28 (Ref:618667)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
This really is funny.

No way is this true. Lets face it, Apart from the last race where did MS not look like a winner? Poor luck and some sill errors by both MS and the team are the only reason he he does'nt have 6 wins already.

Anyone putting money on Kimi either believes the new Mac to be a world beater or is about to be a few bucks short.

Unless MS is just plain bored with it all, he will be challenging for WDC number 7 in 2004 (although I don't think he will win it).

As for Monty, despite his last stella performance he is not what Ferrari are looking for. His car developement skills are a world apart from Michaels and they will be looking for someone younger, that they can mould into their own image. JPM is JPM, and I prefer him that way.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 03:04 (Ref:618692)   #3
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Yep its really flogging a dead prancing horse,JPM is not the driver Ferrari want.(My moneys on the guy that was in the car behind him).
Old 3 Jun 2003, 03:40 (Ref:618720)   #4
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where´s Valve Bounce ?, he thinks it´s posible !
Old 3 Jun 2003, 08:30 (Ref:618890)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
Yep its really flogging a dead prancing horse,JPM is not the driver Ferrari want.(My moneys on the guy that was in the car behind him).
No way will it be Kimi imo. Kimi will be a McLaren driver till he retires. Anytime Ron loses anything to Ferrari it physically pains him, i don't see him making the same mistake with his prize asset.

So, if Kimi stays at McLaren, JPM's not the guy Ferrari are looking for then that leaves.....

Alonso (highly likely, depends how serious Flavor Flav is about Renaults F1 aspirations)

Massa (a brilliant driver imo, but needs more experience before he's put in a Ferrari race seat)

Button (it could happen, but an outside bet, although, who thought that we'd ever see Eddie Irvine in a Ferrari? )

Last edited by Mr V; 3 Jun 2003 at 08:31.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 12:27 (Ref:619096)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM could be on his way to Ferrari. Although his car developement is way off what Michael delivers, JPM has the speed and attitude to do it. Afterall, after Michael leaves, there simply isn't any other credible drivers who can fill the void in terms of car developement.

Michael has an option to continue at Ferrari after his racing career ends. Who knows, he may even participate in developing future race cars for Ferrari. If that's the case, Ferrari can just concentrate in bringing in fast drivers even if they are a little lacking in the developing department.

Alonso + JPM would be pretty interesting!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 12:41 (Ref:619102)   #7
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to teletext, Michael will make an announment about his future at Monza. Intersting, could go either way.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 12:49 (Ref:619113)   #8
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is that his Future at Ferrari, or his future full stop!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 13:04 (Ref:619127)   #9
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
his future at ferrari.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 14:17 (Ref:619211)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's no way Michael will ever drive for any otehr team. Senna always suggested that he might end his career by driving one season, for no pay, for a smaller team, but Michael doesn't have the guts for that.

He could retire after this season, it's possible. It all depends on how the season goes, and perhaps on his family life (the arrival of child #3 would probably tempt him to quit, I think). They would have to pay a huge amount to buy Montoya out of his contract, which I think would be prohibitive, especially as Fiat's finances are struggling, and Marlboro are not involved for much longer.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 14:40 (Ref:619236)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Naaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.... give me a break !

The man has a lifetime job at Ferrari if he wants to !

I would believe Ralf going to Ferrari after TGF's retirement late of 2006, maybe, just because TGF will be in a position to put his brother in. But JPM replacing him, is really hard to believe... And this *break* signs you mention is just rumour, because this weekend he showed that he's up to the job as usual.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 01:37 (Ref:619919)   #12
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Jenson Button is going to Ferrari after MS retirement after the season 2006

Tags
jpm