Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Jan 2005, 23:57 (Ref:1191946)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bahrain GT festival on Channel 5 tonight at 12:30am

Just thought id let everyone here in the UK know that the Bahrian GT festival will be on tonight on Channel 5 at around 12:30 - put on ur tv early though as im not 100% sure of the start time. Enjoy.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 00:18 (Ref:1191954)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sweet! If only they showed it free to air in this neck of the woods.. I mean an Aussie car, team and one of the drivers won
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Jan 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1191956)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Sweet! If only they showed it free to air in this neck of the woods.. I mean an Aussie car, team and one of the drivers won
Indeed, a Aussie team did win. Tell u what, send them over for the Spa 24hrs, then lets see how many GT2 (NGT) cars finish ahead of them eh.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 00:30 (Ref:1191963)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*bump*

ooo, that is now, the tape is in. Night!
Old 3 Jan 2005, 03:01 (Ref:1192003)   #5
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If only I was born in England. I envy you guys who have proper motorsports coverage, the only motorsport we have here is F1 (like watching traffic on a mondaymorning) or DTM (wich doesn't fit on the TV because of Christijan Albers ego). Oh, and the Dakar rally, the only thing worth watching atm.

Anybody willing to give me a info-adress on emigration to the UK?
Old 3 Jan 2005, 03:09 (Ref:1192005)   #6
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Indeed, a Aussie team did win. Tell u what, send them over for the Spa 24hrs, then lets see how many GT2 (NGT) cars finish ahead of them eh.

Yes, lets send them over there, shall we?

Muuhahahahahahahaaha......
Old 3 Jan 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1192063)   #7
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will watch this tonight, watched the start, but had to go to bed early...

It's funny, it was advertised on the radio times site as Formula 3, but the description mentioned GT's... I was happy when I found out what it was!
Old 3 Jan 2005, 09:27 (Ref:1192082)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Give the team the budget to enable a proper assault, and it shall be done
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Jan 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1192294)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good wasn't it - my first recording on my new DVD recorder........
Old 3 Jan 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1192295)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer

It's funny, it was advertised on the radio times site as Formula 3, but the description mentioned GT's... I was happy when I found out what it was!

That's right. I only set the recorder to test it really, but was rather pleased when I played it back this morning!
Old 3 Jan 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1192505)   #11
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
b********r - missed it. Any idea when it is next on??
Old 3 Jan 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1192530)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot it was on

Will it be repeated elsewhere?
Old 4 Jan 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1192689)   #13
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Saleen, you weren't there and yet you still keep banging on about the Coopers Ferrari not being quick enough. It showed the Saleen the way round.

Sorry, but you need to shut up about things you know nothing about. Take it from someone who was there, that car and team were the class of the field at that meeting, no FIA GT cars there or not. And as for them doing the Spa 24 hours. They have a GT(1) class car, stop being so high and mighty over the FIA GT series, it's really not THAT great!

Last edited by Audi R8R; 4 Jan 2005 at 08:58.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1192801)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I only saw what was on the box, but that Coopers Ferrari was in a different league......they stuffed everyone else on a level playing field.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1192855)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi R8R
Saleen, you weren't there and yet you still keep banging on about the Coopers Ferrari not being quick enough. It showed the Saleen the way round.
Yeah a Saleen was there, but who was driving it exactly? And who was the car run by? The team and drivers were defintly not the best run Saleen package in the world if u ask me. Had the Konrad Saleen been there with 2 good drivers it would have beaten the Coopers racing 550 easily, same goes for the JMB 575's. U know as well as I do that the GT1 field at Bahrian was hardly the cream of GT1 entries, most of the cars that were entered were either old, or not being run by top line outfits. Sure Labre was there, but with a old Viper, not a 550. Again, Force One were there too with a old Viper, and defintly not the usual standard of driving line up in that car. Now, if u put the BMS 550s with their usual driving line up on that grid, and the Vitaphone/Konrad Saleen's with their normal driving line up's they would have trounced everyone there.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1192862)   #16
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saleen S7R

Dominque Dupuy is an excellent driver with some superb credentials - he's done Le Mans 4 times with Oreca's Viper - not a team renowned for employing lemons
Old 4 Jan 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1192910)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Oh I know Dupey is a great driver, and yes he was with Oreca in the Vipers, but Berretta and Wendlinger were the faster guys in the Vipers. Plus, DDO - how good exactly are they? From my experince they havent been in any other International races for at least the last 3 years, its not as if Dupey was in a Vitaphone/Konrad/ACEMCO Saleen - the cream of the Saleen S7R run teams. And besides, Dupey might be a quality driver, but is Francois Fiat? Fiat certainly isnt the standard of Simossen and Brabham...

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 4 Jan 2005 at 15:20.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1192928)   #18
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said before. You weren't there. And TV footage doesn't do justice to the job that team did with that car. And I will stick my neck out and say that, seeing as how everyone was starting from a clean sheet of paper with regards to circuit layout and having to learn the track from scratch, that they would have given the FIA regulars a run for their money.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1192929)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Oh I dont doubt that the Coopers team woudnt have been near the back had the FIA GT regulars been there, but had there been a full FIA GT grid there id be suprised if they finished inside the top 8. They woudnt finish at the very back of the FIA GT GT1 grid IMO, but they sure as heck woudnt be at the front either. Its a big shame that some of the FIA GT regulars didnt manage to make it to Bahrian, then perhaps we woudnt be having this debate.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1192965)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Yeah a Saleen was there, but who was driving it exactly? And who was the car run by? The team and drivers were defintly not the best run Saleen package in the world if u ask me. Had the Konrad Saleen been there with 2 good drivers it would have beaten the Coopers racing 550 easily, same goes for the JMB 575's. U know as well as I do that the GT1 field at Bahrian was hardly the cream of GT1 entries, most of the cars that were entered were either old, or not being run by top line outfits. Sure Labre was there, but with a old Viper, not a 550. Again, Force One were there too with a old Viper, and defintly not the usual standard of driving line up in that car. Now, if u put the BMS 550s with their usual driving line up on that grid, and the Vitaphone/Konrad Saleen's with their normal driving line up's they would have trounced everyone there.
One thing you forgot to append to your post - In your opinion...........
Old 4 Jan 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1192978)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon c
Dominque Dupuy is an excellent driver with some superb credentials - he's done Le Mans 4 times with Oreca's Viper - not a team renowned for employing lemons
I'll second on that. Dominque Dupuy is very much rated in France... and for a gentleman driver, François Fiat is a good one too.

My 2 p, FWIW, of course