Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jan 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1210954)   #1
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Only 37 more sleeps

Seeing as all the other threads are pretty naff,may as well have another one,only 37 more sleeps until the lights go green and the action starts again.
This will cure the off season cabin fever.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 08:28 (Ref:1210962)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm tempted to annoy Adam by mentioning the "sleeps" that may follow the green lights, but I wouldn't really dream of it.........
Old 27 Jan 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1210968)   #3
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Hey it will be a season worth waiting for,Michael wont win them all,he'll let Rueben win the other one.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1210971)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, that comes as a major comfort, for sure......
Old 27 Jan 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1210976)   #5
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I'm tempted to annoy Adam by mentioning the "sleeps" that may follow the green lights, but I wouldn't really dream of it.........
Ah, but there are no green lights anymore... just nothingness...

Maybe that's why they went to that system - to show that once the race has started, there's really nothing of interest to see
Old 27 Jan 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1210989)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone else actually like Formula One?

Or is it just me?
Old 27 Jan 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1210998)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aysedasi, NickoGP: Bah!
Old 27 Jan 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1211005)   #8
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
The spectacle! The noise! The excitement! The intrigue! And that's just Martin's grid walk!
Old 27 Jan 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1211076)   #9
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38
The spectacle! The noise! The excitement! The intrigue! And that's just Martin's grid walk!
Ah... if only we got the grid walk.

I'm looking forward to this season - I just hope I get to watch some of it. I'm usually asleep by the time it comes on... and no VCR
Old 27 Jan 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1211163)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back

Or is it just me?
Like it?

I LOVE it....

I'm just not so partial to the current era.......
Old 27 Jan 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1211171)   #11
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love Formula One - of course I do have a multitude of other things to get excited about at the moment, but I shall duly remember to get excited in the course of things.

Ha! Martin's gridwalk. I shall take every available chance to remind you all how good RTL is for the F1. 5 hours on race day...Martin who?
Old 27 Jan 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1211275)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well if 2005 is another bore... atleast we have James Allen commentary... er...
Old 27 Jan 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1211281)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Did someone say 5 hours..............?

Old 27 Jan 2005, 16:34 (Ref:1211283)   #14
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
James North should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to be picky and point out that the lights will not be going green... they gone green now since the of 1995 when they changed the start lights procedure
Old 27 Jan 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1211319)   #15
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
No Green Light...?? So its not so much a "Start" as a "Lack of Stop" then!
Old 27 Jan 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1211329)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Or is it just me?
No, not since the green lights went out.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1211332)   #17
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we will have an interesting season. Different quallies (does anyone actually know what is happening yet?), tyre rule changes, engine rule changes, new teams, a smattering of newish drivers. DC not in a Mac, JPM in a MAC, no Davis Richards, lots of other things to ponder over chums.

I love F1 - I havn't missed a race since 1992, can't remember them all mind you, so no questions please.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1211352)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't missed a race since 1990-ish and despite the fact that we have had two seasons that have fell below expectations in the last three years, you still get that unbelievable build up of excitement, expectation and you realise why you love the sport.

Roll on Melbourne! This season looks promising!
Old 27 Jan 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1211379)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
This season looks promising!
Lets hope this isnt one of your "the complete opposite is going to happen" predictions...
Old 27 Jan 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1211387)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Or is it just me?

Well, you and me K-B

I know it's a free forum, but it does anony me that people post about a sport they don't actually enjoy
Old 27 Jan 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1211397)   #21
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Well, you and me K-B

I know it's a free forum, but it does anony me that people post about a sport they don't actually enjoy
Well I say if you haven't got anything nice to say about something don't say it.

But I expect even people who are not to fond on F1 to comment about happenings.

But it would be nice if we had a forum for top F1 fans, but there's no need, as we all are deep down.

Anyway only 37 days, 10 hours, 33 minutes and 18 seconds, untill the lights go out.

Last edited by luke; 27 Jan 2005 at 19:27.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 02:27 (Ref:1211709)   #22
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does make me sad that people who do not enjoy formula 1 / or, are traditionalists always find a reason as to why they arnt excited bout the following season; however, it doesnt change my enthusiasm for the upcoming year. Without allowing myself to get overly excited (and thus a great let down) this year is possibly, for me, the best season of the last 7 years (the time ive really been watching).

On a side note; I got my university timetable about a week ago, and was quite upset I had money off, yet, the rest of the week was full of lectures, however, it occured to me that now i can watch every f1 race this season!!! So please Gods allign the planets and give us an exciting 05!
Old 28 Jan 2005, 03:32 (Ref:1211724)   #23
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Well done! My TAFE course falls on a Monday, thus I get two more hours of sleep on a Monday, which is great! Especially for races such as Canada, USA, Brazil
Old 28 Jan 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1211804)   #24
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
O.K then so the lights that don't go green any more,that replaced the man who used to wave a flag,but now they turn red and then go out and then some idiot screams "GO,GO,GO,GOOOOOOOOOOO ,loudly on the telly,when we can all see the damn race has started,because the lights that were red ,went out and didn't go green,like they did after they replaced the man who used to wave the flag that started the race,before he was replaced by the lights that were green,but now go red before they go out.........is only 36 sleeps away from happening.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 08:36 (Ref:1211811)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Well, you and me K-B

I think the vast majority of the people who post here enjoy the sport, but would make the observation that there is more to the sport than F1......

I've loved F1 for as long as I can remember but I haven't enjoyed the last few seasons of Ferrari/Schumacher domination. If we can have a season of real competition and real racing, then I'm sure my love for the sport will be even greater......