Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 May 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1621232)   #26
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 28 May 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1621430)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Is more races like Monaco...
Old 28 May 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1621435)   #28
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I will resist going into a ranting homage to facial hair, and how there need to be more sportsmen with such stuff.

I think we need drivers with full on, massive, hardcore beards. Problem is only be those with many years left in their careers who will be able to fulfill that dream.

Any attempt is all good, but it is a bit stupid when it is tiny spots of stubble or whatever.
Old 28 May 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1621451)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Any attempt is all good, but it is a bit stupid when it is tiny spots of stubble or whatever.
lack of "talent" or lack of "genes"
Old 28 May 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1621493)   #30
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I was refering to daft goat-esque things, and the like, which are done as a stylistic choice.

If someone is maximising the potential of their genetic capacity, well, you cannot ask for more than that.

Last edited by Dutton; 28 May 2006 at 21:52.
Old 28 May 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1621504)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah I got your point. I was just making a relation between talent, genetics and tiny spots of facial hair...
Old 29 May 2006, 00:15 (Ref:1621553)   #32
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Is JV still going bald?

What has all this to do with what F1 wants?

What F1 really needs is more rain,where is the bloody rain?
Old 29 May 2006, 01:53 (Ref:1621599)   #33
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Indeed.

Recent years have been depressingly dry.
Old 29 May 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1621889)   #34
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is it just me or does Alonso have a striking resemblance to john cleese in ASCII mans avatar (and what a cracking avatar it is!)?

Last edited by rocketracer; 29 May 2006 at 11:51.
Old 29 May 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1621895)   #35
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
J.V is just getting old thats why he is losing is hair...

As For Alonso there is a Resemblance to john Cleese

Think Alonso may be sligtly the better of the two

Last edited by marzF1rocks; 29 May 2006 at 12:00.
Old 29 May 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1621914)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer
is it just me or does Alonso have a striking resemblance to john cleese in ASCII mans avatar (and what a cracking avatar it is!)?
Ke
Old 29 May 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1621957)   #37
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
What F1 needs is this kind of facial hair:

http://www.geocities.com/piquet2004/ErtlHarald1980.jpeg

Everything else is just playing around.
Old 29 May 2006, 13:07 (Ref:1621970)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That needs a specially designed helmet.
Old 29 May 2006, 14:29 (Ref:1622075)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm....not entirely sure of the John Cleese/Fernando Alonso likeness there!

Harald Ertl....what a 'tache!
Old 29 May 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1622246)   #40
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
What F1 needs is this kind of facial hair:

http://www.geocities.com/piquet2004/ErtlHarald1980.jpeg

Everything else is just playing around.
That's the kind of moustache worn by drivers who's idea of a historic race-car is a cast iron victorian bedspread with a 16 Litre methanol burning engine, a leather belt around the axel for brakes and two small ride-along urchins to work the fuel pump!
Old 29 May 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1622248)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yes sir, that's racing !!!
Old 29 May 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1622339)   #42
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Now that is a grand example. I think this collection contains some fine candidates (click on the left and right arrows to see all the pics).
Old 29 May 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1622342)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now frankly, those are just ludicrous and, I fear, would be a weight handicap.
Old 29 May 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1622344)   #44
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
There All pretty neat beards.
But i don't think they have wives with a beard like that, who'd be hogging the Straightners........
Old 29 May 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1622378)   #45
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Ludicrous? God-like would be a better way of putting it!
Old 29 May 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1622390)   #46
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

This is getting too hairy for me likes...
Old 30 May 2006, 00:06 (Ref:1622505)   #47
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.r-heinicke-carr.zoomshare...bit%20of%20fun

Just a wee bit of fun with Nico Rosberg and a tasche
Old 30 May 2006, 00:22 (Ref:1622515)   #48
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.r-heinicke-carr.zoomshare...type_album.css

here is Michael Schumacher with a full-set!

http://www.r-heinicke-carr.zoomshare...ype_album.cssd

here is fisi...hmmm

Last edited by rcarr; 30 May 2006 at 00:29.
Old 30 May 2006, 00:52 (Ref:1622531)   #49
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
http://www.r-heinicke-carr.zoomshare...type_album.css

here is Michael Schumacher with a full-set!
Rumour has it that Michael turned up at the stewards meeting wearing a similar disguise.
Old 30 May 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1622928)   #50
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
http://www.r-heinicke-carr.zoomshare...bit%20of%20fun

Just a wee bit of fun with Nico Rosberg and a tasche

That looks pretty cool on Nico he doesn't look as young with it.