Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Mar 2019, 07:46 (Ref:3892387)   #1151
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Frankly there is no alternative, but we've been led down a path of centre-left policies on the basis that we need to be nice to each other, rather than take a firm approach to issues and resolve them. Conciliation is fine but in these cases action would have resolved the issue.

Don't forget the Government's own pamphlet issued before the referendum stated it would act on the result.

There are many ways to solve the problem but unless there is trust it'll never happen. I'm in Albania right now. Importing from all around the world in a market of a similar size to Ireland.

We even have VAT free schemes in place for "trusted" suppliers and contractors. It's really not rocket science.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 21 Mar 2019 at 07:51. Reason: I was answering the wrong question.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3892391)   #1152
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's really not rocket science.
Sadly, Peter, it is to our lot.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3892393)   #1153
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well find a simple solution then
Old 21 Mar 2019, 08:36 (Ref:3892401)   #1154
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What do you think is more simple than just leaving? And why would it need to be complicated?
Old 21 Mar 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3892404)   #1155
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well find a simple solution then
Might be a good time to revert the thread back to where it started with SH question rather than current discussion.

Does anyone have a simple solution to the upcoming potentially toxic transportation problems facing UK entrants to races in Europe after 1 April ?.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3892415)   #1156
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonn ledwidge View Post
Might be a good time to revert the thread back to where it started with SH question rather than current discussion.

Does anyone have a simple solution to the upcoming potentially toxic transportation problems facing UK entrants to races in Europe after 1 April ?.
All been said before; not repeating myself.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3892416)   #1157
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right now there should be no problem. The EU and the UK have agreed, reciprocally, that until the end of this calendar year all remains substantially as it was whether Brexit happens next week, or next month or next year. This according to the latest information from GOV.UK sent to us as a registered HGV operator. There are various small issues that need to be complied with, International drivers licences, green cards etc, but nothing too onerous.

From Motorsports UK, about how and where we can race, under what terms and licences - nada.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 09:28 (Ref:3892419)   #1158
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
What are those potentially toxic problems? Other than the French being French weve alrwady been told that there will be no official impact to the current regimes for the near future.

Advice from the government suggests reverting to the old international passports and green cards but that's about it.

If we race at Spa or anywhere else in EU or outside we have international licences anyway.

Thanks Simon. You got there before me. (As usual)
Old 21 Mar 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3892444)   #1159
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post

From Motorsports UK, about how and where we can race, under what terms and licences - nada.

Why would there be? Arrangements about racing permits / licences etc weren't arranged on an EU basis by governments - they were sorted out by the motorsport authorities - so I see no reason why anything should change?
Old 21 Mar 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3892447)   #1160
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Via email this morning..... The only thing I'm short of is a green card if needed. But discussed that a page or two back.

UK commercial drivers who operate in the EU will need new paperwork in addition to the documents they already carry if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

Driver documents you’ll need include:
• International Driving Permit(s)
• a passport (with at least 6 months validity, excluding up to 9 months which may have been added to your new passport’s expiry date, and one blank page for stamping). Check your passport
• an ECMT permit (for journeys through the EU to third countries, i.e Ukraine)
• a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence
• a tachograph driver card

Vehicle documents you’ll need include:
• a motor insurance green card for the vehicle (and a separate one for a trailer in some EEA countries)
• a GB Sticker
• a vehicle log book
• a trailer registration plate displayed and vehicle registered with DVLA

Trailer registration
You will also be required to register commercial trailers from 28 March to drive before they can travel to the EU.
This is a requirement from 28 March regardless of when, or how the UK leaves the EU.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3892454)   #1161
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll let you know next weekend. I've got a French lad under the awning...he'll come over a valued colleague, he'll leave a pariah
Old 21 Mar 2019, 14:55 (Ref:3892480)   #1162
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Via email this morning..... The only thing I'm short of is a green card if needed. But discussed that a page or two back.

UK commercial drivers who operate in the EU will need new paperwork in addition to the documents they already carry if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

Driver documents you’ll need include:
• International Driving Permit(s)
• a passport (with at least 6 months validity, excluding up to 9 months which may have been added to your new passport’s expiry date, and one blank page for stamping). Check your passport
• an ECMT permit (for journeys through the EU to third countries, i.e Ukraine)
• a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence
• a tachograph driver card

Vehicle documents you’ll need include:
• a motor insurance green card for the vehicle (and a separate one for a trailer in some EEA countries)
• a GB Sticker
• a vehicle log book
• a trailer registration plate displayed and vehicle registered with DVLA

Trailer registration
You will also be required to register commercial trailers from 28 March to drive before they can travel to the EU.
This is a requirement from 28 March regardless of when, or how the UK leaves the EU.
Mike, how did you get on regarding the ECMT permits (if you require them that is)?
Apart from that the only new thing needed is a GB sticker and driving permit, all the other stuff was already required, except the trailer registration although I have a feeling that was coming in regardless.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3892489)   #1163
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Mike, how did you get on regarding the ECMT permits (if you require them that is)?
Apart from that the only new thing needed is a GB sticker and driving permit, all the other stuff was already required, except the trailer registration although I have a feeling that was coming in regardless.
ECMT, from my deciphering, is only going to be needed (for now) when going to non EU countries via the EU. And then only if we leave without a deal. Plus not convinced would be needed for moving race cars around anyway, so have dismissed them......

Agree about the other stuff, and is you say, trailer registration was coming in regardless. Despite me telling them about it, my neighbours have done nothing about registering theirs, and France is their first trip next week.... Fingers crossed the plod have not had notification yet!
Old 21 Mar 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3892491)   #1164
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
.... my neighbours have done nothing about registering theirs, and France is their first trip next week.... Fingers crossed the plod have not had notification yet!
Isn't that what the PM has gone to Brussels for today - to out this trailer problem?
Old 21 Mar 2019, 17:19 (Ref:3892497)   #1165
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Isn't that what the PM has gone to Brussels for today - to out this trailer problem?
She might as well.......

I post this link with no agenda- it just amused me.....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...oke-article-50

Last edited by Mike Bell; 21 Mar 2019 at 18:27.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 21:43 (Ref:3892547)   #1166
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only 15.9 million to go then ......

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Mar 2019, 22:47 (Ref:3892572)   #1167
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well we’ll see if it works
Old 22 Mar 2019, 06:43 (Ref:3892649)   #1168
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well we’ll see if it works
It has not. The PM has rejected it. Quite rightly.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 07:04 (Ref:3892656)   #1169
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Demonstrating that hyperbole and panic stricken warnings such as project fear are of no use, Jeremy Warner (a confessed remainer) today writes in the Telegraph what he sees as the difficulties with a no deal brexit. He does make some sense and frankly it's the first time I've read something that makes sense.

His main fear is that a no deal will result in more political upheaval than anything else and he also points out that in a no deal, Ireland may be hung out to dry by the EU.

The link is here but I'm afraid it is behind a paywall.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 07:29 (Ref:3892664)   #1170
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Hold on ...people PAY to read the Telegraph? Vice versa I can understand ...
Old 22 Mar 2019, 07:37 (Ref:3892666)   #1171
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Typical lefty lawyer.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3892675)   #1172
bauble
Veteran

England
I see on the Beeb news that MP's are receiving hate mail and death threats, and are concerned for their safety.
Now that is a surprise!!!

When they ignore the democratic decision of a referendum, and both individually and as groups make every effort to thwart the UK leaving, or just make political capital out of the situation, then I am not, and they should not, be surprised.

When the ballot box fails … what is left?
Old 22 Mar 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3892676)   #1173
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ignore a referendum decision we know what it means here, Bob. At the moment it seems that someone is in troubles with the French Senators. What do you think he's talking about to make a diversion? Brexit. It won't work this time I hope.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3892682)   #1174
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ignore a referendum decision we know what it means here, Bob. At the moment it seems that someone is in troubles with the French Senators. What do you think he's talking about to make a diversion? Brexit. It won't work this time I hope.
I wondered why he was taking a sudden interest in brexit, Gerard!
Old 22 Mar 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3892688)   #1175
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Right! Remember when at school some pupils thought it was a good idea to point a neighbor saying "its not me, look at him" or "everybody does it why not me" or this kind of belonies when caught?
What is worrying atm is that they will send again the army against protestants. But what is called Force sentinelle is not trained for this kind of task. He will not cure the problems like this I fear. One hard core protestant just explained this morning that only violence could be heard when every other kind of message failed. He added that not hearing so many people expressing themselves is another kind of violence.