Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Aug 2020, 00:41 (Ref:3993438)   #201
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
My apologies, you are correct it is 6 and not 10. My bad.... I read the article a couple of days ago and am guilty of going on memory when I posted. I think with all the reading I have done during a Melbourne lockdown has fried my brain with an info overload.That and old age!
Thanks for correcting me.
all good
It makes a difference....with only 6, this means the requirements are met by the end of the 2 NT rounds.

The only other must for the series (but perhaps not the awarding of a c'ship title), is the final round needing to be in NSW.
Old 7 Aug 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3993490)   #202
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
The only other must for the series (but perhaps not the awarding of a c'ship title), is the final round needing to be in NSW.
Although with NSW government having closed the Victorian border, the contractual requirement that the final event has to be in NSW is probably debatable. Much like its contract with the NRL that states the grand final has to be held in Sydney, would be hard to enforce if Sydney was in lockdown, but there was the option to play in Brisbane.
Old 7 Aug 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3993504)   #203
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SO now at the end of the day Darwin could have run.

Rules now relaxed for incomming
Old 18 Sep 2020, 00:34 (Ref:4003318)   #204
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow. 2020 Bathurst. No camping and only 4000 fans per day. No access to the top of the hill for fans. Is It worth going or just stay at home with the TV?
one hellava life
Old 18 Sep 2020, 01:55 (Ref:4003330)   #205
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Not surprised, although a part of me suspects that more spectator areas MAY open up between now and then (announced today that NSW govt allowing more ppl to the NRL GF than have been permitted up till now).

Camping is understandable - a lot that would need to be in place for distancing etc and it probably got to a point where it didn't feel feasible.

Always worth going to the mountain, even if not on the top - & for those lucky enough to be there, sharing the space with only 3,999 others will make the experience even more betterer!
Old 18 Sep 2020, 04:26 (Ref:4003351)   #206
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Half the fun is watching to cars fly across the top of the mountain.
Glad I didnt book my ticket this year !!!!
Old 18 Sep 2020, 05:37 (Ref:4003356)   #207
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
People are going feral wondering why the numbers are so much lower than a football crowd.

Well a football crowd is all in one space and you can manage and insure that much more easily. Bathurst, sadly, is a huge can of worms.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 06:51 (Ref:4003358)   #208
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
People are going feral wondering why the numbers are so much lower than a football crowd.

Well a football crowd is all in one space and you can manage and insure that much more easily. Bathurst, sadly, is a huge can of worms.
And watching the race on your couch with some mates won't be an option either for those in Melbourne.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 06:52 (Ref:4003359)   #209
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Agreed you need to be able to control it sensibly.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 09:05 (Ref:4003414)   #210
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More kangaroos than spectators!

No one will waffle about crowd numbers.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 09:31 (Ref:4003429)   #211
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really also how many people come from interstate and can't because of travel restrictions. What would be crowd be like if it's unlimited?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Sep 2020, 00:54 (Ref:4004487)   #212
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Peter V'Landys was the boss of Supercars, there'd be more than 4000 spectators at Bathurst. Continual QR code checkpoints, mandatory masks, social distancing applied and they could easily top 4000. There would have been 40,000 at Westfields in Bondi Junction yesterday.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 01:01 (Ref:4004493)   #213
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
If Peter V'Landys was the boss of Supercars, there'd be more than 4000 spectators at Bathurst. Continual QR code checkpoints, mandatory masks, social distancing applied and they could easily top 4000. There would have been 40,000 at Westfields in Bondi Junction yesterday.
Where do the 40k people come from mate, all from NSW?

Old 20 Sep 2020, 01:50 (Ref:4004526)   #214
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At Westfields? Sydney metro base mostly, obviously. I get your point, but to me having allocated seating and zero top of the mountain attendance is overkill IMO. Especially given it's open air and will be more than likely warmer.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 02:32 (Ref:4004566)   #215
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Triple eight have booked Qld raceway for a test day on thurs 1st Oct as per site calendar. I wonder who else will be there? It could be a busy day.
one hellava life
Old 20 Sep 2020, 08:58 (Ref:4004745)   #216
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
If the lack of social distancing at the Bend on Saturday by Joe Public on the balcony trying to get a squiz at the podium presentation is any guide, Supercars have their work cut out getting 20 people to act responsibly let alone 4000.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 08:59 (Ref:4004746)   #217
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
If the lack of social distancing at the Bend on Saturday by Joe Public on the balcony trying to get a squiz at the podium presentation is any guide, Supercars have their work cut out getting 20 people to act responsibly let alone 4000.
And people already openly talking about sneaking into Bathurst... A football stadium has CCTV and is very secure. Bathurst cannot be.

Old 20 Sep 2020, 09:04 (Ref:4004749)   #218
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Being in the countryside, I wouldn't be surprised if a few try to find a way to get closer to the action at Bathurst. As you said it's not a football stadium where it's closely monitored. We'll see nearer the time what happens in that regard. Can it do as well as previous races there in terms of action?
Old 20 Sep 2020, 11:15 (Ref:4004886)   #219
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
i thought exactly the same thing !!!
Old 20 Sep 2020, 23:38 (Ref:4005219)   #220
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That was interesting. Maybe they should have filled the celebratory bottles with carbonated disinfectant
Old 21 Sep 2020, 02:41 (Ref:4005235)   #221
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And people already openly talking about sneaking into Bathurst... A football stadium has CCTV and is very secure. Bathurst cannot be.

You know how police and security are usually walking through the spectator areas anyway? Imagine how obviously someone would stand out in a crowd, if there wasn't a crowd around to disguise them....
Old 21 Sep 2020, 04:10 (Ref:4005237)   #222
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
You know how police and security are usually walking through the spectator areas anyway? Imagine how obviously someone would stand out in a crowd, if there wasn't a crowd around to disguise them....
What, are the police going to recognise 4000 people?

Old 21 Sep 2020, 05:55 (Ref:4005246)   #223
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What, are the police going to recognise 4000 people?

Nope, but from what I have been hearing, it will be blindingly obvious that someone is in an area they aren't supposed to be.

There won't be any merchandise for sale, there will be stuff all food/drink. Pretty much the only other reason to leave your seat is to go to the toilet, and that's a whole other process.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 06:42 (Ref:4005250)   #224
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I'm in....

Old 21 Sep 2020, 06:56 (Ref:4005253)   #225
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Given that every fan will have a seat allocated, how are you going to sneak in and stay in? 4 security personnel can patrol the top of the mountain. A couple around the chase. Anyone who doesnt have a media vest, a flaggies vest or a teams pass will be in the grandstands at the bottom of the mountain.