Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Aug 2017, 23:20 (Ref:3763061)   #801
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I would vote for a 6-hour GT race and a 6-hour prototype race at Petit Le Mans.
oh my god not this again.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 00:32 (Ref:3763072)   #802
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, just no appeal or reason to spilt races.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3763173)   #803
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
If anything does come about out of this speculation, the calendar speculation and changing to a 'Winter' series will weigh heavily on which round it may potentially be. IMSA will not split up one of it's 'Blue Riband Events' ...
I'm hoping the WEC-ELMS test weekend (usually in late March) gets postponed as well so more international teams have the opportunity to compete at Sebring.

Agree, splitting up one of your signature races to accommodate WEC's needs is the worst thing IMSA could do. Anyway, it sounds like the WEC needs to have a championship race on a third continent in order to retain World Championship status and with both CotA and Mexico-City reportedly being axed it leaves only Europe and Asia as the two remaining continents on the board.

With all the arrogance of the FIA/ACO and the still fairly recent experience of Sebring 2013 in mind, I really don't see another shared event in N-A happening - as much as I would like to!

Would a separate WEC-GTE race on the same weekend as a IMSA GT only event be the more realistic option there?

Last edited by Coach Ep; 31 Aug 2017 at 13:34.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 13:44 (Ref:3763184)   #804
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Winter schedule could mean they could go to Kyalami to satisfy the three continent deal.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3763186)   #805
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I thought of that too. Good point.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 17:15 (Ref:3763237)   #806
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Winter schedule could mean they could go to Kyalami to satisfy the three continent deal.
True but did that hinge on Porsche being in lmp1? There's still the GTE cars, but...
Old 31 Aug 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3763238)   #807
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Not sure what that is. But yeah to go along with Europe and Asia races. Just satisfy the 3rd continent by having GTE run with IMSA GTLM. I would suggest Laguna Seca during their late 2018 date.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3763242)   #808
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Not sure what that is. But yeah to go along with Europe and Asia races. Just satisfy the 3rd continent by having GTE run with IMSA GTLM. I would suggest Laguna Seca during their late 2018 date.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kyalami
Old 31 Aug 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3763252)   #809
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't see any WEC GT only events happening...maybe if they're desperate...

GT only at the Charlotte roval with NASCAR?
Old 31 Aug 2017, 18:49 (Ref:3763257)   #810
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I don't see any WEC GT only events happening...maybe if they're desperate...

GT only at the Charlotte roval with NASCAR?
Who needs the roval. World Challenge did it with tyre chicanes. Are we so much better than World Challenge now? Do we need those extra corners? I think not. That race was hilarious. I vote for Charlotte with tyre chicanes.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3763259)   #811
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Who needs the roval. World Challenge did it with tyre chicanes. Are we so much better than World Challenge now? Do we need those extra corners? I think not. That race was hilarious. I vote for Charlotte with tyre chicanes.
HA! If we're going that route, just a parking lot and some cones will do. Somewhere in the rust belt, on the property of an abandoned factory would be most attractive.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 18:59 (Ref:3763263)   #812
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Finally found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NG8dy-6Mp0
Old 31 Aug 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3763280)   #813
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back to a possible realistic WEC 'GT' only points race addition within the IWSC calendar ... Sebring might be a good choice. FIA will not want Daytona, another 24hr race, to be included in their schedule. Also fits in to IMSA's 36hrs of Florida idea.

L.P.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3763292)   #814
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stevenson to shut down. Ends both IMSA and Conti programs.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/f...n-motorsports/
Old 31 Aug 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3763293)   #815
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post

Bummer!
Old 31 Aug 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3763302)   #816
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post

With how crowded GS and GTD are, someone was going to be leaving both sooner rather than later. Disappointing that it's Stevenson - always a fun group to root for.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 22:05 (Ref:3763304)   #817
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope someone picks up the Camaro GT4 program at least.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 00:47 (Ref:3763318)   #818
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That was beyond ridiculous. They couldn't quite get through the first lap cleanly on the chicane.

Oh and I forgot about the lady who used to stand on track and then run away before the start. Safety!
Old 1 Sep 2017, 02:17 (Ref:3763328)   #819
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I vote Atlanta. No love for that roval.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 17:15 (Ref:3763469)   #820
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Don your hats, I've got some speculation on my mind!

Let's talk about the Performance Tech Motorsport for the 2018 season and their intentions, where do you think they will land after the folding of the PC category? Given their great success this year in the PC class (isn't saying much though), recently clinching the PC drivers title for this year, as well as two hot shoe drivers in Pato O' Ward and James French with great potential...what is the feasibility that the team upgrades to a DPi for next season?

The way I see it, this team is not at all different from that of JDC Motorsports before their jump to DPi this season, with Goikhberg and Simpson more than proving their worthiness of competing with the top entires in DPi. James French and Pato O' Ward can easily have that very same potential for competitiveness.

Of course however, a financial commitment to DPi far outweighs that to of a Prototype Challenge commitment, so budgets will always play a major factor in these decisions. So what do you all think? What are the chances that we could see Performance Tech Motorsport make the leap, and on the same note...what of BAR1 Motorsports and their future? What about those of you who have insider knowledge, what do you think?

Also, a bit of tinfoil hat speculation; Performance Tech's website has been down for some time citing a "New Website Coming Soon"...New Website=New Prototype Program? Hehe. http://www.performancetechmotorsports.com/
Old 1 Sep 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3763474)   #821
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think it's just as likely that teams like Performance Tech and BAR1 go to the new Lites/LMP3 platform. If the drivers have enough funding, perhaps they can buy rides in the big show for the big races.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3763476)   #822
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Don your hats, I've got some speculation on my mind!

Let's talk about the Performance Tech Motorsport for the 2018 season and their intentions, where do you think they will land after the folding of the PC category? Given their great success this year in the PC class (isn't saying much though), recently clinching the PC drivers title for this year, as well as two hot shoe drivers in Pato O' Ward and James French with great potential...what is the feasibility that the team upgrades to a DPi for next season?

The way I see it, this team is not at all different from that of JDC Motorsports before their jump to DPi this season, with Goikhberg and Simpson more than proving their worthiness of competing with the top entires in DPi. James French and Pato O' Ward can easily have that very same potential for competitiveness.

Of course however, a financial commitment to DPi far outweighs that to of a Prototype Challenge commitment, so budgets will always play a major factor in these decisions. So what do you all think? What are the chances that we could see Performance Tech Motorsport make the leap, and on the same note...what of BAR1 Motorsports and their future? What about those of you who have insider knowledge, what do you think?

Also, a bit of tinfoil hat speculation; Performance Tech's website has been down for some time citing a "New Website Coming Soon"...New Website=New Prototype Program? Hehe. http://www.performancetechmotorsports.com/
I'm thinking they will end up in IMSA's P class. Hopefully we will see Dallara strike a deal with them to run the P217, it would be good to see all the constructors represented on the IMSA grid. I think we are still a year away from any privateer DPis, other than the ones ESM provoked from Nissan.

L.P.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3763479)   #823
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I'm thinking they will end up in IMSA's P class. Hopefully we will see Dallara strike a deal with them to run the P217, it would be good to see all the constructors represented on the IMSA grid. I think we are still a year away from any privateer DPis, other than the ones ESM provoked from Nissan.

L.P.
You're more in touch with the IMSA scene than I am - is there anybody running a Riley now, outside of the Mazda edition? Or planning to next year?
Old 1 Sep 2017, 18:02 (Ref:3763487)   #824
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
You're more in touch with the IMSA scene than I am - is there anybody running a Riley now, outside of the Mazda edition? Or planning to next year?
At this point, no. Thinking there will be an upgrade shortly to the R/M Mk. 30, influenced by the Multimatic/Joest testing regimen this fall/winter. Which will encourage teams to venture back to the chassis.

L.P.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3763498)   #825
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
or else.