Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Jul 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2729688)   #51
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well they must have altered it then! I will check.

No you are wrong Moose, look on Joe's link above, I was in Post Historics the first race then Group 1 and it lists a different driver for car 17 in each although I will say one thing they havnt altered the number of the car which is odd as I would have thought that mandatory. Maybe a TSL cock up! I will delv further.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2729689)   #52
amgtv
Rookie

amgtv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are after everyones incar footage from this meeting- if you have any good quality stuff, we have a dropbox on our contacts page at
www.amgtv.co.uk

Cheers.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2729754)   #53
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgtv View Post
We are after everyones incar footage from this meeting- if you have any good quality stuff, we have a dropbox on our contacts page at
www.amgtv.co.uk

Cheers.
Any chance we will see your programmes back on channel FIVE - much missed this years for those who cannot get motors tv
Old 20 Jul 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2729772)   #54
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Well they must have altered it then! I will check.

No you are wrong Moose, look on Joe's link above, I was in Post Historics the first race then Group 1 and it lists a different driver for car 17 in each although I will say one thing they havnt altered the number of the car which is odd as I would have thought that mandatory. Maybe a TSL cock up! I will delv further.
Ahh, I wasn't looking at numbers just the listing for Cortina mk2.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 20 Jul 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2729780)   #55
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stephen H - might be worth looking at the following sites, which between them have most if not all of the output from this year:

raceandrallyuk.tv
750mc.co.uk
ma5daracing.com
Old 26 Jul 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2733446)   #56
H15HSV
Rookie

H15HSV has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Al. You still have not got down to my times that I did in 1991 would you like some driving tuition?
Old 26 Jul 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2733504)   #57
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
No I would like your car whatever it was, how can I put fast times in when I am getting blocked everywhere. My car simply is not suitable for that particular circuit and maybe I am simple not agressive enough or as good a driver as you, so what I am still doing it at 62 this week where are you? ;-)

Jack you should have my memory stick with my incar footage on it, good quality as well with my magic little Sony camera.

BTW for anyone who is interested the car is in the bodyshop right now. We will be back!
Old 26 Jul 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2733530)   #58
grumpy52
Rookie

England
deal kent,close to lydden
grumpy52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as a retired observer and judge of fact a couple of thoughts after watching als in car footage ,weaving i would allow movement in one direction only any more i would deem as blocking and would be reported via radio and written report,crossing white lines,at the entrance to paddock bend normally only two wheels over the line with a maximum of one third of the width of the car ,do this more than three times reported via radio followed up by written reports,usual response from clerk of course was the naughty boy flag because of driving standard gaining an unfair advantage further infringement cold lead to black flag ,watch the footage again see what you think
Old 26 Jul 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2733540)   #59
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thank you, thats how I read the rules as well.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2733580)   #60
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy52 View Post
crossing white lines,at the entrance to paddock bend normally only two wheels over the line with a maximum of one third of the width of the car

Diferent BB rules nowadays. All four wheels have to be completely over the line for it to be an offence.
Daft IMO, but it does make it a binary decision.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2733581)   #61
H15HSV
Rookie

H15HSV has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
No I would like your car whatever it was, how can I put fast times in when I am getting blocked everywhere. My car simply is not suitable for that particular circuit and maybe I am simple not agressive enough or as good a driver as you, so what I am still doing it at 62 this week where are you? ;-)

Jack you should have my memory stick with my incar footage on it, good quality as well with my magic little Sony camera.

BTW for anyone who is interested the car is in the bodyshop right now. We will be back!
Al My car was the one that Chris Bright has got now before it was cocked up by taking all the cage out etc.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2733638)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ah right I remember your psuedo name now, the downside of using psuedo names eh, but that was running to a different set of rules, tyres and has a illegal 6.2 litre engine in it now dont know what you ran it with. The current Dunlop Formulas are really not very grippy and if you look at the video you can see I am on the limit with the back stepping out under power and brake lock ups, I doubt even Gerry Marshal could have screwed that much more out of the old girl! OH BTW I was still a full second a lap quicker than the 6.2 litre invitation class Camaro in my 5.7 kosher jobby!
Old 9 Aug 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2741858)   #63
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
This is going out on motors TV on the 1st and 8th Sept 2010.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2742001)   #64
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
will there be a DVD again Al?
Old 9 Aug 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2742078)   #65
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yes I am sure there will be Joe.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2750586)   #66
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Motors TV will be showing part one of this years meeting on Wednesday 1st September 2010 at 20:10

http://www.motorstv.com/tv-guide-uk?d=2010-09-01&h=4

Make sure you try to catch it as there is some excellent racing to be seen, the Pre 66's in particular were stunning.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2751007)   #67
amgtv
Rookie

amgtv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to bump this up.
Please be aware we have to cram a LOT of races into just 2 programs- Fuller versions will be on our website in a few weeks. (raceandrallyuk.tv)
Cheers
Old 1 Sep 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2753223)   #68
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
On tonight gentlemen well worth a watch if you can get to a TV especially the pre- 66's who put on a superb race.
Old 2 Sep 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2753513)   #69
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Blimey they used me crash in the trailer, I counted 15times at least they showed the poor old Chevy meeting the tyre wall! Did anyone see the mini oval racer going through the gate at high speed and into the marshals parked cars, man that could have been nasty!
Old 2 Sep 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2753574)   #70
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Blimey they used me crash in the trailer, I counted 15times at least they showed the poor old Chevy meeting the tyre wall! Did anyone see the mini oval racer going through the gate at high speed and into the marshals parked cars, man that could have been nasty!
I was really surprised at you Al - I thought after the first few times you'd have realised what was happening and avoided him...crashing 15 times was a bit much

Seiously - good coverage overall - managed to record your race as I was just going out so I'll check it out later, but your in-car shots that I glimpsed looked good.

As you say, the car going through the gap into the marshal's car was potentially lethal....surprised they didn't at least block the exit with bales or some such - as it must have looked like a viable escape route to the driver.....
Old 2 Sep 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2753604)   #71
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
they missed the bit where I got the mini! it was before he broke it and retired as well . . .now I@ve presse dthe wrong button and deleted it from the DVD thing!!!
Old 2 Sep 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2753654)   #72
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks Lance the next race should be even more incar stuff as I had a long duel with a LoCo eventually ending in tears, from me!

I am sure it will air again Joe if not they will be selling the DVD's. You looked pretty hot though.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 08:20 (Ref:2756076)   #73
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Motors TV tonight!

On tonight (Wednesday 8th Sept) at 8:00pm watch me put the old Camaro into the tyre wall after a race long dice with some Lotus Cortinas (duh!) and some other good historic races will be featured.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 08:57 (Ref:2756085)   #74
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep I think you will find tonight's program better than last weeks. (no stupid Oval stuff )
Old 8 Sep 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2756124)   #75
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
thats a bonus . . . I'll record it and try not to delete the good half when I split it this time then!