Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Jul 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3754630)   #26
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Anyone seen a spotter guide?

There have been official ones for Monza & Silverstone but the link to the the pdf is hidden somewhere on http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com and I can't find it.
My intel is that it will be on the website this afternoon.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3754631)   #27
GregUK
Racer

Quote:
Anyone seen a spotter guide?

There have been official ones for Monza & Silverstone but the link to the the pdf is hidden somewhere on http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com and I can't find it.
My intel suggests that it will be on the website this afternoon.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3754664)   #28
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I did a quick search (site: BGT Spa filetype: pdf) but I've not seen one yet. Could the late reveal of the Strakka McLaren and/or other liveries have held it up?
Old 27 Jul 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3754673)   #29
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at first practice it appears that #63 is still going to be the car to beat for pole and that Merc, providing that they don't shoot themselves in the foot again, are going to be at the front of the field come race day.
Watching the sector times on their fast laps, both BMW and Bentley don't seem to be too far off - both being quick through the first sector of the lap.
McLaren really struggling so far ............. all four Strakka cars down in the bottom quarter of times

As suggested in the in another thread, I think that a certain Mr Lotterer has bought his CV with him and will be touting for a permanent drive back with Audi ............... really can't see him wanting to drive in Formula E somehow!
Old 27 Jul 2017, 13:33 (Ref:3754706)   #30
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
Looking at first practice it appears that #63 is still going to be the car to beat for pole and that Merc, providing that they don't shoot themselves in the foot again, are going to be at the front of the field come race day.
Watching the sector times on their fast laps, both BMW and Bentley don't seem to be too far off - both being quick through the first sector of the lap.
McLaren really struggling so far ............. all four Strakka cars down in the bottom quarter of times

As suggested in the in another thread, I think that a certain Mr Lotterer has bought his CV with him and will be touting for a permanent drive back with Audi ............... really can't see him wanting to drive in Formula E somehow!
McLaren's have always been bad at Spa. But this year its worse. I don't Strakka in 2017 has been anywhere near as good as Garage 59 was in 2016 over the course of the season.

My pick to win the Spa 24 this year is Bentley. I'm cheering for Mercedes though.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3754707)   #31
GregUK
Racer

Spotters guide, I am reliably informed, will be on the website this afternoon.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3754766)   #32
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Here it is: http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/i...ursOfSpa-2.pdf
Old 27 Jul 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3754816)   #33
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Looking forward to the race.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 19:20 (Ref:3754838)   #34
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder if that Merc is repairable.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 20:04 (Ref:3754863)   #35
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
#22 Nissan with a big crash at Eau Rouge after a legt front problem
Old 28 Jul 2017, 00:12 (Ref:3754921)   #36
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Many thanks, I had a search of the website with no luck also
Old 28 Jul 2017, 01:02 (Ref:3754927)   #37
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Many thanks, I had a search of the website with no luck also
Note to self: it is in the sidebar under the schedule: http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com but the link isn't visible until the guide is actually up.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 04:46 (Ref:3754947)   #38
GregUK
Racer

Both the #00 Merc and the #22 Nissan will make the race. A little T-Cut, much TLC and a little persuasion with a 2lb Irish screwdriver and the cars will be like new!

Old 28 Jul 2017, 06:45 (Ref:3754984)   #39
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
Both the #00 Merc and the #22 Nissan will make the race. A little T-Cut, much TLC and a little persuasion with a 2lb Irish screwdriver and the cars will be like new!

Good news especially for the Goodsmile boys and girls. They've come a long way not to race-besides I want to see what Kobyashi and Taniguichi can do in the race.

That was a frightening crash for the 22, going in straight into the wall like that, glad to hear that Parry is ok.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 07:00 (Ref:3754988)   #40
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to know, its always a shame to lose cars before the race even gets underway...
Old 28 Jul 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3755005)   #41
GregUK
Racer

The RJN Nissan team have done a fantastic 'all-nighter' but the car will be good to go.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3755030)   #42
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Both Ram racing/GSR and RJN Nissan have had to swap to spare cars, they will start from pitlane and have a 120 second stop go.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 10:33 (Ref:3755035)   #43
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If anyone's interested, Christian Krognes (Walkenhorst BMW) is writing daily updates on his Spa 24h debut this week for my website. Here's his latest: http://www.gt-report.com/2017/07/28/...-spa-thursday/
Old 28 Jul 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3755042)   #44
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Both Ram racing/GSR and RJN Nissan have had to swap to spare cars, they will start from pitlane and have a 120 second stop go.
Guess that they won't be much of a factor in the race then.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3755048)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unofficial poll here -

What do you guys prefer reading on news websites for a 24 hour race? Do you want to wait until the end of the race for a full report? Or do you prefer hourly reports to be posted on a website to read? Or maybe 6 hourly reports?
Old 28 Jul 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3755049)   #46
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Team GSR (#00) started crowd-funding campaign called "Spa special support, beat the Eau Rouge."
Because their budget was significantly exceeded by the accident.
http://ameblo.jp/stgt/entry-12296647388.html
Old 28 Jul 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3755055)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Unofficial poll here -

What do you guys prefer reading on news websites for a 24 hour race? Do you want to wait until the end of the race for a full report? Or do you prefer hourly reports to be posted on a website to read? Or maybe 6 hourly reports?
Just quoting myself for a new page as I'd like to hear everyones thoughts.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 11:39 (Ref:3755058)   #48
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Just quoting myself for a new page as I'd like to hear everyones thoughts.
I like hourly reports that are written pretty close to chronological order for the longer races. That way I can have a 3 hour nap and check each report and see what I missed, and since they are divided up by the hour it usually limits the mixing up of the timeline.

Some of the people who do the 2/4/6 hour reports write them favoring the lead battle too much, and it can make them difficult to follow along. They cover like 2 hours of what happened to the leaders in the first few paragraphs, then cut back to "45 minutes into this segment this guy got a puncture from debris on the track from an incident 30 minutes into the segment" and so on, it can make it hard to... "visualize" when it's disjointed like that.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 11:39 (Ref:3755059)   #49
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Hourly "the state of play so far" short reports would be good - that way if you're dipping in and out of the coverage (real life getting in the way again!) then you can catch up with what's happened whilst you were away.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3755065)   #50
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I'm glad I asked, as I would have assumed that a long time between updates would've been preferred. Thanks for the feedback guys!