Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jan 2019, 12:32 (Ref:3880401)   #501
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nothing like a decent Gherkin especially from the chip shop.

I'm sure the vote will provide the same level stability and confidence in our government that the previous vote did.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 12:38 (Ref:3880403)   #502
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm sure the vote will provide the same level stability and confidence in our government that the previous vote did.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3880415)   #503
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mrs May's trip back to the EU seems particularly pointless given they've said "My way or the highway. "

I gave an interview with our local BBC Radio today about my business views on Brexit. I told them we have a saying under the awning that we use to whingeing drivers: "Just ******* drive it!" Which is what I want them to do with Brexit now. Although I may not have used such choice language on the tape!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 29 Jan 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3880438)   #504
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
You should have used the f word- I’m sure they could have bleeped it.....

Interesting. Recently had communication from a credit card provider to advise that they are to stop supporting their card. Bit of a nusiance as it’s the ‘no exchange rate transaction fee’ card I keep for eu travel. Anyway, no problem as sorted out another one with a different bank.

The interesting bit? Last day the card will be valid is 28th March- the day before brexit. Coincidence?
Old 29 Jan 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3880453)   #505
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
You're obviously a Burger King man then Max!
What amused me about the KFC situation was that it was chicken that they ran out of!
You'd have thought chicken was a bit fundamental to them!
At least the Americans are lining up to send you loads of chlorinated chicken and hormone fed beef to keep you all going!
Old 30 Jan 2019, 06:15 (Ref:3880549)   #506
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I’ve been asleep- Are we in, Out, agreed on something? Or was it all a dream.....

Old 30 Jan 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3880561)   #507
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’ve been asleep- Are we in, Out, agreed on something? Or was it all a dream.....

Mike, I think a more appropriate description in on-going nightmare...
Old 30 Jan 2019, 07:55 (Ref:3880562)   #508
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We're exactly the same as we were 24 hours ago. The only difference is that the Nice Mr Corbyn has agreed to go round to Delta's. But as he's away he'll pop round and see his neighbour instead.

Do you reckon Theresa's sister Dolly will have made some upside down cakes? Or some cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off?

Political games........

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Jan 2019, 08:02 (Ref:3880568)   #509
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Well - I'm becoming increasingly resigned to surviving on a diet of mutton and turnips , with Bakewell tart to follow - and maybe a glass of Cote de White Cliffs of Dover to wash it down ? There'll be Vera Lynn on the Home Service, Dad's Army on BBC1 and the last fifty years will all have been a dream .
Old 30 Jan 2019, 08:28 (Ref:3880576)   #510
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
....Interesting. Recently had communication from a credit card provider to advise that they are to stop supporting their card. Bit of a nusiance as it’s the ‘no exchange rate transaction fee’ card I keep for eu travel. Anyway, no problem as sorted out another one with a different bank.

The interesting bit? Last day the card will be valid is 28th March- the day before brexit. Coincidence?
Same here Mike. I note the provider of the card is AIB - an Irish bank so they're maybe thinking of EU transactions across that hard to solve border?
Old 30 Jan 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3880587)   #511
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Well - I'm becoming increasingly resigned to surviving on a diet of mutton and turnips , with Bakewell tart to follow - and maybe a glass of Cote de White Cliffs of Dover to wash it down ? There'll be Vera Lynn on the Home Service, Dad's Army on BBC1 and the last fifty years will all have been a dream .
You forgot Yorkshire Pudding and lard.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3880588)   #512
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Same here Mike. I note the provider of the card is AIB - an Irish bank so they're maybe thinking of EU transactions across that hard to solve border?

Yup, AIB here also..... The date not a coincidence, by sound of it!

Nowt wrong with any of that food, Peter and Coppice!
Old 30 Jan 2019, 08:58 (Ref:3880594)   #513
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:

Nowt wrong with any of that food, Peter and Coppice!
Agreed. And whenever I drive up to Snett there are plenty of pigs growing fat in the fields so bacon isn't a problem either. And, we can go back to having kidney in our pork chops!

Having eaten chlorinated chicken, the only difference from our good old non-chlorinated version is that it's a little bit dry so you need to pour a good sauce over it.

As to hormone injected beef? As long as it comes marbled I don't expect anyone will worry. I haven't met any two headed Americans.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3880598)   #514
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
As to hormone injected beef? As long as it comes marbled I don't expect anyone will worry. I haven't met any two headed Americans.
Not so sure, their current leader doesn't exactly seem to be right in the head!
Old 30 Jan 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3880599)   #515
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I haven't met any two headed Americans.
May be because you didn't look for! Next time, try finding a French politician with a brain…
Old 30 Jan 2019, 09:10 (Ref:3880601)   #516
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
OT, but when at Sebring in 2013 we went to a steak place for supper. Had to be done. Every type of steak came with a choice of sauce, although if it's good meat I prefer without. A compromise- melted garlic butter on the side. There was so much, it was in a JUG!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 30 Jan 2019 at 09:28. Reason: Jug, not mug....
Old 30 Jan 2019, 09:10 (Ref:3880602)   #517
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Not so sure, their current leader doesn't exactly seem to be right in the head!
True but he only has one with half a brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be because you didn't look for! Next time, try finding a French politician with a brain…
Any politician.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 09:21 (Ref:3880607)   #518
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Best of the week, Carlos Sushi! He said something like that during his reign, his empire was not run as a dictature. Those people know absolutely no limits! Go on, Carlos, we need to laugh here!
Old 30 Jan 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3880627)   #519
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Best of the week, Carlos Sushi! He said something like that during his reign, his empire was not run as a dictature. Those people know absolutely no limits! Go on, Carlos, we need to laugh here!
Probably meant Dickature, Gerard.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3880628)   #520
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed. And whenever I drive up to Snett there are plenty of pigs growing fat in the fields so bacon isn't a problem either. And, we can go back to having kidney in our pork chops!

Having eaten chlorinated chicken, the only difference from our good old non-chlorinated version is that it's a little bit dry so you need to pour a good sauce over it.

The interesting thing about most, probably all, of the "sensibly priced" bacon and chicken is just how much water is being transported around the world in order to bulk out the product.

One cannot be certain, at the point of purchase, that a non "sensibly priced" pack of bacon (or chicken) is not "prepared for sale" using water but I had occasion to buy a more expensive pack of bacon recently and the lack of water, the better cut of the rashers and the taste easily made it worth the money for eating as bacon rashers but would probably be lost when using it as an addition to a casserole since in that usage the additional water is not a negative.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3880634)   #521
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Probably meant Dickature, Gerard.
Yop! Honestly using the words Reign, Empire and Diktature all in the same sentence make him… the King of communication!

Grant we had something involving a company who had only one train to carry milk. Powered milk to go, then normal milk was back, grants both way. I call that a "just add water job"!
Old 30 Jan 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3880666)   #522
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose........comme ils dit, je crois.....

Tho maybe an attack of compromise may reach the hallowed corridors of the EU as it slowly dawns on the inhabitants that simply saying "no" isn't negotiation, its idiocy....

I'm still puzzled as to how we're all going to starve and have no medicine within days of a "no deal", when somehow we survived when all the revolting (so to speak) French blocked Calais and the other ports time and again over recent years.......We had "Operation Stack" and presumably the French had something similar, but we all lived, somehow. Mind you, the list of things we weren't going to be able to have in the most recent warnings didn't actually include anything I routinely eat at this time of the year....
Old 30 Jan 2019, 14:13 (Ref:3880673)   #523
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK3qWOzzgNg

Old 30 Jan 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3880674)   #524
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Another ‘Project Fear’ story yesterday was of future blood supply shortages in the SE. Appeared that blood donor clinics in the channel port area (Dover) we’re going to be cancelled for the last week in March and first weeks of April, in case the teams and vehicles couldn’t get to their destinations beacause the roads were jammed by trucks queuing for ferries.....
Old 30 Jan 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3880704)   #525
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose........comme ils dit, je crois.....
You believe right, Richard and can add "et plus c'est la merde"! Seems president M thought today he should send a message to Miss M… All the situation is turning half insane and pushing like that will lead us to think he whole EU will go down while only one country we'll be fine, yours!

Mike, did you say you import blood from here? This news could kill many in your hospitals not wanting French blood running through their veins. Bauble, did anyone around you had surgery? I ask because, well…