Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Sep 2020, 06:16 (Ref:3999730)   #2501
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Gordon Spice?
That was my thinking as well. Never met the guy so purely a guess in line with Gordon's clues.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 06:21 (Ref:3999732)   #2502
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
In line with two Gordon's? Johnnie Walker or more likely Johnnie Sitting!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3999738)   #2503
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
In line with two Gordon's? Johnnie Walker or more likely Johnnie Sitting!
Or more likely, Johnnie Sitting with Johnnie Walker.

Or maybe Gordon sitting with Gordon drinking Gordon's (with Tonic.)
Old 3 Sep 2020, 07:48 (Ref:3999745)   #2504
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's not Gordon Spice. Hmm - who used to do handling kits in the 60s/70s?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 08:42 (Ref:3999753)   #2505
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Roddy Harvey-Baillie? (Is he still around?)
Old 3 Sep 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3999764)   #2506
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. L Weller? Mr. J Rossiter, (spax) ?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3999773)   #2507
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Who used to do handling kits in the 60s/70s?
Mac Pherson's brother in law or may be Henri Georges Ackermann himself being a Brit cousin of Jeantaud? Michel Koni or Helmut Bilstein?

I keep Tony Law's Irish cousin, the best steel exhaust manifolds on the planet! Cheers to this famous unknown Gordon's relative!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:05 (Ref:3999778)   #2508
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I didn't actually say "handling kits" I said "make your car look and handle a little better" I did notice that a number of Tenther's are friends of his on a well known media site come on have a good think
PS I have just seen lotustwincam has mentioned his name but which one ? Mr. L Weller? Mr. J Rossiter, (spax) ?

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 3 Sep 2020 at 11:14.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3999782)   #2509
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Tim Spacewheel, brother in law of Rolland Face-Buk, cousin of Michael Peeceedee? The last one almost invented the now famous "move backwards" for the firewall!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3999783)   #2510
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Now you say, Gordon…*Is he the famous Neg Camber?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:16 (Ref:3999785)   #2511
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dunno,!!!! but if he is a mate of yours Gordon then he is alright.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:21 (Ref:3999789)   #2512
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
At last a "spark" of commonsense, thanks Iain! In the Spa thread I see you know who pulled the plug…

Is he Flint Toe-in who married Marguerite Under-Steer? Or vice versa?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:41 (Ref:3999792)   #2513
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think Gordon talked about a german cousin… Wilfried Kuntersteer von Apex?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:46 (Ref:3999793)   #2514
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Dunno,!!!! but if he is a mate of yours Gordon then he is alright.
You show up as one of his FB friends
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Sep 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3999795)   #2515
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Karl Glass, inventor of the clear windshield?
Tom Toolatebro, grand father of Hab Hestos and son of Ness Presso who both wrecked the good breaking?
Fa Khir who discovered the heavy rate spring, a business knowing some pics in activity?
Or is "he" Mae West after she retired form the bra business?

Take care Iain, this picture has just been taken at the border when it was discovered that the guy in question was travelling with one Atlantic spark plug in his suitcase!!!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3999796)   #2516
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Web Hair, may be…
Old 3 Sep 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3999806)   #2517
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Kroy Ssang? Or Men Jet who discovered the famous method for the poor to run rich?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 13:58 (Ref:3999825)   #2518
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last attempt! Makes our cars look better, huh? Paul Ish?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3999829)   #2519
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Last attempt! Makes our cars look better, huh? Paul Ish?
What are you drinking today, Gerard? (Just so's I know what to avoid...!)
Old 3 Sep 2020, 15:03 (Ref:3999834)   #2520
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last night was a wonderful beverage, John, the one with bubbles… So today, water only! When you're not used to its strange!

Gordon, is he Dagenham Dave? Or may be the stunt man dedicated to Beaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XuJz7Alc5I
Or more likely the Danish voice of the Swedish cook:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTZ1Mf8MTGs

Moot moot!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 15:05 (Ref:3999835)   #2521
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
What are you drinking today, Gerard? (Just so's I know what to avoid...!)
I was thinking the same John..... only I was thinking I wouldnt mind a drop of whatever it is Gerard has had! Obviously something not in an Australian Red!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 15:20 (Ref:3999840)   #2522
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
I thought it may be Lev Footbrakin at first, but his theories led to my Spax damped Weller wheeled minivan going through a hedge backwards. Did nothing for the handling or appearance.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 15:30 (Ref:3999842)   #2523
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Footbrakin! You talkin about "the" Footbrakin family? Dont ask if I know! I do remember two sisters, Pad and Segment. May be related to the Japanese Fair Odo or the the American Mean Tex? Surely the same!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 16:24 (Ref:3999857)   #2524
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
I did not know the sisters, but I think I knew a distant cousin, Ann Braketurn.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3999871)   #2525
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotustwincam View Post
Mr. L Weller? (Weller Wheels) Mr. J Rossiter ? (Spax)
Yes but what one ?
Closed Thread