Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 28 Jun 2007, 16:52 (Ref:1948984)   #26
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Ronald, thank-you for posting. Rest assured, Marcel is remembered by a lot of people, not just those that have posted here. I remember his loss well and was deeply saddened by the news. This can be a cruel sport at times.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 19:25 (Ref:1949115)   #27
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome Ronald, its very good to have you post here. As Craig's just said, Marcel was favoured and respected by many of us in the motorsport community and we were all deeply upset by his loss that afternoon in Thruxton. He was an extremely talented driver and surely destined for great things. You must be very proud of him.
Old 7 Jul 2007, 22:38 (Ref:1957186)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure I speak for others Ronald, but as one who remembers being at Thruxton that day, your brief post brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. Having a link between our thread here and Marcel's family is really rather special. Thank you.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 15:52 (Ref:1962565)   #29
badgerbaiter
Racer

badgerbaiter has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I notice there is no page for marcel on wikipedia. Would be a good tribute if someone could write one. Would also keep his memory alive.
Old 16 Jul 2007, 07:38 (Ref:1964136)   #30
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please note that I have removed the last 3 posts and placed them in the Motorsport History Forum as they were inappropriate on a Tributes thread. They are here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98483
Old 17 Jul 2007, 18:33 (Ref:1965958)   #31
wheadon
Racer

England
Carlisle/Newcastle
wheadon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I apologise for my post. I didn't know of this ruling. I'm sorry.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 23:54 (Ref:1983004)   #32
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald
Hello Everybody,

I'm Ronald Albers, Marcel's his brother. I deedply impressed that you people still remember my brother.

I want to thank you all very much to keep him in your thoughts.

Greetings from Schilde Belgium
Welcome Ronald,

Your brother was a great talent whom we all remember fondly and miss greatly.

Best wishes, Paul.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3062772)   #33
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those not old enough to recall, today marks 20 years since the sad passing of Marcel. Truly he did look something very special in that ADR Ralt, his drive at Donington sticks out in my mind, he was visibly quicker than everyone else. What a sad day that was for all concerned when Marcel passed into legend - a true lost talent.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3062802)   #34
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Never posted in this thread but 20 years...... As others have posted, I was also there - I believe I am the small child referred to in some reports, and the baby my brother. I will never forget the sights, sounds and aftermath and rarely talk about it now, however I will forever be grateful for those who looked after us on that day, and the man who pulled my brother's pushchair out of the way - thank you.

RIP Marcel.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3104403)   #35
kiwiracer
Rookie

kiwiracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Never posted in this thread but 20 years...... As others have posted, I was also there - I believe I am the small child referred to in some reports, and the baby my brother. I will never forget the sights, sounds and aftermath and rarely talk about it now, however I will forever be grateful for those who looked after us on that day, and the man who pulled my brother's pushchair out of the way - thank you.

RIP Marcel.
Yes I was there as well, pretty sad day all round. I remember leaving and the only F3 Transporter left was ADR.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 01:22 (Ref:3104427)   #36
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm good friends with Elton Julian. I spoke to him about this accident right after the fact. He said he did nothing different from the previous lap. Didn't lift off to let him pass (as some one asked), didn't brake earlier, didn't block, nothing different....

Elton won the next race at Thruxton with Marcel's name on his visor and dedicated the victory to him. They were good friends and he learned a lot from him. He said there was no doubt Marcel would have made it to the top. None!

The Autosport tribute 20 years afterwards was really nice BTW.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 09:53 (Ref:3531733)   #37
ChrisBaker
Rookie

ChrisBaker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember following the F3 championship in 1992.

In May/June I went to a round at Silverstone (Gilles De Ferran won), before the race we walked past the back of Marcel's teams pit lane box. My friend said lets not be too nosey as there may be some sensitive people around.

On the way home we talked in length about Marcel's crash. My friend had seen footage on the local news that showed the car leaping in the air and then going out of picture.

Last edited by John Turner; 2 May 2015 at 08:28. Reason: Link to image removed.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 07:19 (Ref:3971785)   #38
Andrew Hornsey
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckingham
Andrew Hornsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
28 Years Ago today

Wow. Where does the time go.

28 years ago today was just like another day at Thruxton. Wandering around the paddock and pits. Enjoying the day on post just like any other day. 2 first timers with us.

I had been following Marcel that year. A future world champion in my mind. Noticed he had a bad start when they passed us on the approach to the chicane on lap 1.

When the accident happened I didnt realise who it was. Just knew it was a big one. We were asked to go and assist. The rest will stay in my head and not go here.

We will never know what would have been. But i still think about that day, and remember the driver that had a shining future ahead.

RIP Marcel. We lost a special driver that day.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3971794)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was there too and had been standing on the bank at the chicane only a few minutes before the accident. A very sad day indeed.