Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Oct 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3934985)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Simon still some places available in Houx

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Not much use for me as Kevin would be unable to get to see any of the circuit from there and by the time he reached the viewing area's he would be soaked in sweat and exhausted. Hoping ACO will sort things but not holding my breath.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3934987)   #52
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Not much use for me as Kevin would be unable to get to see any of the circuit from there and by the time he reached the viewing area's he would be soaked in sweat and exhausted. Hoping ACO will sort things but not holding my breath.
I understand

Old 16 Oct 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3935000)   #53
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Dear mates
Just back home arriving from the ticket office at the mai entrance.
I met a hostess who was here to ear ans notice the members feelings.
So I explained her in the name of all of you all the problems about the tickets booking, more and more privatized areas along the track, less and less access in the paddock or just around, mate ticketing opening email .......
All the problems we often talk about and I showed some messages of the file. She Openers wide her eyes when she red the file title.
She insured me to write my commentaries to lift them to the members staff.
Like the phone hostesses all these people make a remarkable job and are already welcoming. But I have a huge doubt in the fact that my commentaries will awake the staff consciousness.

Thanks, let's hope they wake up someday.
This is not how you run a busines.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3935013)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Unfortunately all organisations employ people to present the impression of listening to people, they then congratulate themselves on listening to the customers ignore any feed back and pay themselves a bigger bonus as reward for all their hard work.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3960371)   #55
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully after 3 and a half hours & counting I will soon have some tickets for the Classic, before my anticipation of early bird prices ending.

Website doesn't recognise new membership (Euro 60 plus Euro 40 incl member area access) from last November. Can't see a specific members log in area (originally had a normal ticket account before membership), invoice when paying for membership was also not loading correctly as a pdf so hard to remember what I'd paid for (took a bit of forum searching to find link to new membership deal as can't see page easily from current site).

Finally got through after 8 or so calls mainly got call again messages in French today even in opening hours and calls to ticket sales via ACO numbers also fruitful.

Finally got through to ACO, after being charged another Euro15 (in order to get discount on paddock? or ACO stand tickets?) so could then go through to ticket sales and buy:

2 Gen Ad at ACO disc plus 2 at Earlybird prices

2 ACO tribunes (told discount price stopped at midnight last night 27/2 but relented after told of problems) Website still shows Euro 19 price. (Lycean have these and will hopefully have some next week)

4 Paddock tickets - 2 discounted. [edit Seems I have to pay an additional Euro 15 to get Members area access (just the permanent one) access at Classic and be eligible for discount on paddock access Euro 27 v euro 46 a person - very unclear how this option gets explained on ticket site]

All sorted I thought, but no have no orders/purchases or e tickets to download for Classic and Le Mans Gen Ad & Raccordement tickets have disappeared too.

So am waiting for a call back to confirm discount as lady admitted the system did not have my correct membership info up when I gave her the membership number and double charged me the Euro 15 [now found out this charge correct] and also hoping for e tickets and purchase/order history to be restored [will have to try tomorrow on website now to see if its back up].

Also had to sort out increase to mobile buffer and found one call when missed the +33 bit went unanswered was to Kinshasa. ACO website also seemed to be playing up as signing on a bit hit and miss and they seem to lack the back office connections to link what you've bought to your profile.

So nor sure when earlybird prices stop.

New system seems convoluted and pretty much hidden.

Much more difficult for groups to organise (must be a real paid for tribunes etc at main race) and seems to be encouraging/benefiting older person plus son or spouse at expense of groups when Le Mans/WEC type racing public attendances are already in decline. Apologies for a bit of a rant but still waiting for tickets!

Last edited by RL17; 28 Feb 2020 at 15:25. Reason: new info re additional euro 15
Old 7 Mar 2020, 09:14 (Ref:3962090)   #56
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Hopefully after 3 and a half hours & counting I will soon have some tickets for the Classic, before my anticipation of early bird prices ending.

Website doesn't recognise new membership...
The website didn't recognise my 'old' type membership either, I was logged in but it wouldn't grant me any tickets at the discounted prices. Hopeless!
Old 7 Mar 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3962111)   #57
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The website didn't recognise my 'old' type membership either, I was logged in but it wouldn't grant me any tickets at the discounted prices. Hopeless!
Do you need some help so I can go to the main entrance to get some news
Old 7 Mar 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3962123)   #58
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Same applies to me. I can log in as a member, but the ticket office doesn't recognise me as a member.
I've decided not to go to the Classic this year for that reason. Just too much hassle. Maybe I'll go again in 2022.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3962124)   #59
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Same applies to me. I can log in as a member, but the ticket office doesn't recognise me as a member.
I've decided not to go to the Classic this year for that reason. Just too much hassle. Maybe I'll go again in 2022.
Christopher,

The discounted prices are available until may 15th if I remember. That's what I was told when I bought my tickets 2 weeks ago.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 13:18 (Ref:3962128)   #60
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Do you need some help so I can go to the main entrance to get some news
Thank you very much for the offer, Eric, that's kind of you! Like Christopher, I've also decided not to go this year, planning a different motor racing trip instead, but that's probably for 2021.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3962184)   #61
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Results of my visit at the ticket office: nothing as usual. I related the problems you had like a lot of people because I could meet a french people who said he could'nt get his tickets by the site.
The hostess ( and the others know me very now as I use to complain from the site!) explained that the accounts of the members who agreed with the new ACO membership types were not automatically upgraded. Even the members who were paying there membership month by month were not proposed to be renewed. WHAT A MISERY.
What was her disappointement when I explained her I knew some people who had given up their travel to The Classic because of that reason.
But she was still more disappointed when she said that plenty of people complain of the site and she and her colleagues all along the year feedback the problems without any reaction from the staff. She was very disheartened .
So the best way to get tickets is : call them.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 22:44 (Ref:3962210)   #62
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Results of my visit at the ticket office: nothing as usual. I related the problems you had like a lot of people because I could meet a french people who said he could'nt get his tickets by the site.
The hostess ( and the others know me very now as I use to complain from the site!) explained that the accounts of the members who agreed with the new ACO membership types were not automatically upgraded. Even the members who were paying there membership month by month were not proposed to be renewed. WHAT A MISERY.
What was her disappointement when I explained her I knew some people who had given up their travel to The Classic because of that reason.
But she was still more disappointed when she said that plenty of people complain of the site and she and her colleagues all along the year feedback the problems without any reaction from the staff. She was very disheartened .
So the best way to get tickets is : call them.
All entirely predictable, sadly. I seem to end up having to call them every year for something or other, it's never a totally smooth transaction. That said, with just one exception which was totally my own fault, I've always managed to get the tickets I wanted.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 23:14 (Ref:3962215)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So my membership expires in May. What do I get when I 'renew'? Will the system even recognise me?
Old 8 Mar 2020, 09:26 (Ref:3962282)   #64
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So my membership expires in May. What do I get when I 'renew'? Will the system even recognise me?
Andrew, you have to renew only with the new types of mambership. Do know about the general entrance tickets that the new types allow you only 2 discounted tickets instead of 6 but the discount is 40%.
The best solution is to call them to insure your renewing to be available.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 20:43 (Ref:3962375)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thankfully James has already sorted all our tickets.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 08:37 (Ref:3964284)   #66
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After a few emails to ACO and also ticket office they helpfully sorted the site for me and membership is recognised.

Recognises me now - but did have to click the dark blue LOGIN or ME CONNECTEUR button to the left of ADD TO BASKET/PANIER buttons after Logging in for first few visits to fire up the ACO ticket drop downs.

The error screen is funny/made me laugh though - OOPS with screen full of marshals sweeping the track
Old 15 Mar 2020, 16:33 (Ref:3964351)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Glad you got there in the end!
Old 28 May 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3978958)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My membership (as well as Bentley03's) runs out in 3 days. I've heard nothing from the ACO..... I normally get a renewal form through in late March or early April. I've sent them an email but have just had the autoreply so far. I hold out little hope of a prompt response.... Anyone else in the same boat? There's nothing (that I can see) on the website about renewals. Nothing other than the 'new' €60 membership.....
Old 28 May 2020, 17:11 (Ref:3978968)   #69
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Mine ran out several months ago so hopeful when they open up i can renew at the old type rather than the new 60 euro one.
Old 28 May 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3978969)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've got distinct doubts that it's going to happen Simon. I think the not sending out renewals is deliberate and is nothing to do with Covid. I think they want to get rid of the old memberships, replace them all with the new one and then make us pay supplements for the 'extras' that we want....
Old 28 May 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3978986)   #71
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think you may be right Andrew
Old 28 May 2020, 21:24 (Ref:3979028)   #72
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
I've got distinct doubts that it's going to happen Simon. I think the not sending out renewals is deliberate and is nothing to do with Covid. I think they want to get rid of the old memberships, replace them all with the new one and then make us pay supplements for the 'extras' that we want....
Andrew you are right. Old formulas have to disappear. They want for us to pay the new formulas. And because of the lockout I'm not sure the ACO efficiency is better than as usual!!! Try to call them tomorrow. If I cn I'll try but actually the circuit is closed so impossible to go there to get live informations!
Old 29 May 2020, 07:19 (Ref:3979073)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well thanks Eric for confirming my suspicions. I know James was intending to phone but if you can find anything else out, that'd be great. I've been a member for 23 years so I don't want to lose my continuing membership....
Old 29 May 2020, 08:07 (Ref:3979085)   #74
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Well thanks Eric for confirming my suspicions. I know James was intending to phone but if you can find anything else out, that'd be great. I've been a member for 23 years so I don't want to lose my continuing membership....
Sorted, call the ACO Membership hotline (+33 243 40 50 60) and they will renew/take payment over the phone. My renewal quote as an 'old member' was seemingly already prepared and is equivalent to my old membership, but on the new formula, 109 euros in my case. I confess I didn't go through the breakdown of exactly what's now included, or the options associated with, my new membership, but I do know I am now eligible for the 40% discount on the first two entry tickets I purchase.

Happy days!

Now let's hope there's a race and that we're allowed to go and watch it...
Old 29 May 2020, 08:17 (Ref:3979087)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nice one James, I'll give them a call.....