Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Aug 2000, 19:35 (Ref:28754)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two days of practice and racing courtesy of the BARC and the Classic Saloon Car Club of GB.

MG Car Club BC V8s are also on the bill.

Any takers?
Old 7 Aug 2000, 20:24 (Ref:28994)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
grrr..!

Sorry Peter - i'm already booked for Powertour at Silverstone that weekend... and I can't miss any of the remaining Powertour or TOCA meetings as god only knows what'll happen to these next season!

As I said on the Oulton topic, can someone post the remaining dates for this year as i'd like to do another one if at all possible.
Old 8 Aug 2000, 06:57 (Ref:29069)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
grrr..!

Sorry Peter - i'm already booked for Powertour at Silverstone that weekend... and I can't miss any of the remaining Powertour or TOCA meetings as god only knows what'll happen to these next season!

As I said on the Oulton topic, can someone post the remaining dates for this year as i'd like to do another one if at all possible.
Find it here blokee.

BTW. Due to geography, I won't be at Knockhill.

http://www.mallettracing.co.uk/reports.html
Old 9 Aug 2000, 17:16 (Ref:29367)   #4
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This needs moving back up the top Peter !
Don't forget us lot - Classic single seater action with Classic FF1600 and URS Classic F2000. Shame the grids are a little on the small side. Pembrey's not really that far away... it just seems it, most people don't know there are that many junctions on the M4
We'll have the Jamun back out after a crank regrind and fixing the front brakes, (properley this time !)
See ya there.
Old 9 Aug 2000, 17:33 (Ref:29370)   #5
Tony Harman
Veteran

Just finished the Oulton Classic thread, seems like everyone had a great time really sorry we missed it.
If anyone is coming to Pembrey come say hello.
Old 10 Aug 2000, 15:49 (Ref:29601)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hello.
Old 14 Aug 2000, 11:27 (Ref:30405)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's next weekend and nobody's phoned to tell me that the car has blown up/engine needs replacing etc. Not long now.
Old 14 Aug 2000, 11:31 (Ref:30407)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would've thought about it - never been to Pembrey..

But it's know the rugby season also, and I shall be at The Stoop cheering on the 'Mighty' Quins as they stuff the Irish..
Old 14 Aug 2000, 12:02 (Ref:30420)   #9
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dan, Shame on you, how can you possibly be supporting Harlequins!
Old 14 Aug 2000, 17:26 (Ref:30491)   #10
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony,
I'll be there.
The RX7 will be doing both the Group1 and I-hour race.

IanC
Old 14 Aug 2000, 17:56 (Ref:30503)   #11
Tony Harman
Veteran

OK Ian, maybe this time I'll get to say hello, (not now Pete !). You CSCC guys certainly get a choice of races, maybe that's why your cars are always wearing out. Did you set up the formula structure so that you always got a choice of races maybe. Never seen any Colt Starion's in your bunch, I seem to remember them being really popular a few years back. I was hoping to try out an F2000 car on the Friday but that's not going to happen now, but we'll still go on Friday, see what everyone else is up to.
Old 15 Aug 2000, 10:16 (Ref:30664)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Last Friday, a colleague took the 6.30 flight from Schipol to Luton. The flight I usually take. I was not on it but neither was he. He finally landed at Luton at 12.30 am on Saturday! I may struggle to get there if the same thing happens again.

Not totally relevant but it puts this topic back to the top for a brief spell.
Old 15 Aug 2000, 10:20 (Ref:30665)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Harman
..................You CSCC guys certainly get a choice of races, maybe that's why your cars are always wearing out. Did you set up the formula structure so that you always got a choice of races maybe.

No, its just that we like to run longer races occaissionally. Its something which is becoming popular since we started the practice. Witness the Top Hat races. This year's 1 hour race is celebrating the club's 25th anniversary.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Harman Never seen any Colt Starion's in your bunch, I seem to remember them being really popular a few years back.
Doug Forbes runs one but its pretty unreliable. I reckon he spills more oil than the Exxon Valdiz.

Old 15 Aug 2000, 10:36 (Ref:30670)   #14
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Witness the Top Hat races.

[/B]
'scuse the ignorance but what are the Top Hat races ?
Old 15 Aug 2000, 10:46 (Ref:30672)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Julious Thurgood has developed a series of three (this year) 1 hour races for pre 65 touring cars. the first one was last year. The third one this year is at the Spa meeting in September.
Old 15 Aug 2000, 11:41 (Ref:30682)   #16
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Top hat'

IC & me were talking about doing a series for G1 & below cars a while ago. We even had a date for Zandvoort.....
Old 15 Aug 2000, 11:53 (Ref:30688)   #17
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Harman Never seen any Colt Starion's in your bunch, I seem to remember them being really popular a few years back.
Doug Forbes runs one but its pretty unreliable. I reckon he spills more oil than the Exxon Valdiz.

[/B][/QUOTE]
Doug was back out at Oulton, has the car sorted now.
He may well be at Pembrey.

Some b4st4rd stole his mate's Discovery out of the Paddock.
Took him 1.5days to get home.

I'm afraid...LOCK UP YOUR TOW VEHICLES!!!!

IanC
Old 15 Aug 2000, 11:56 (Ref:30689)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I saw Doug in Scrute but I didn't see him in the race. You sure he's got it sorted?
Old 15 Aug 2000, 12:08 (Ref:30694)   #19
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doug's Starion is now competing in Classic Thunder not Group 1, which for my part is thankful. (He ploughed into the side of me at Donington and was the most ignorant bloke possible)
Might be something to do with not being able to find metal replacement panels. He already had one waiver granted to run fibreglass reproduction bumpers as he seems to have used up the UK's existing supplies.....

Old 15 Aug 2000, 12:50 (Ref:30704)   #20
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by yelwoci

Some b4st4rd stole his mate's Discovery out of the Paddock.
Took him 1.5days to get home.

I'm afraid...LOCK UP YOUR TOW VEHICLES!!!!

IanC
Jeez, now that's really bad news, The amount of kit we all leave sitting around our cars when we wander off to chat somewhere could be really rich pickings for some. I guess if a vehicle was stolen they must have gone with intent, you don't just decide to do a TDA on the offchance at a race meeting.
Old 15 Aug 2000, 13:35 (Ref:30710)   #21
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
He'd just gone to race and his crew were all in the pits.

The ironic thing is that they were going to offer Dave Howard the use of the the Disco to extract his wrecked XJ12 out of parc ferme.

His mate almost went back from the pits to offer it to Dave, but decided to do so afterwards!

IanC
Old 15 Aug 2000, 13:50 (Ref:30714)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
How did you manage to stop your "how I fought off the attentions of Skid, Ian, David" etc.... post race debrief, for long enough to find out about Doug's Disco???
Old 16 Aug 2000, 15:52 (Ref:30926)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
It's next weekend and nobody's phoned to tell me that the car has blown up/engine needs replacing etc. Not long now.
Spoke toooooo soon. Got a bunch of e mails from welicoy today, all asking me to contact Boxridge. Thinking the worst I picked up the phone. Turns out my brake master cylinder is kaput and the front pads have cooked themselves to death!!

"Don't worry just send the cash" said this reassuringly friendly voice, "and all will be well come the race". AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing Boxridge are looking after me.

Old 17 Aug 2000, 08:42 (Ref:31044)   #24
Tony Harman
Veteran

Nice to be able to have someone looking after it for you, bit expensive though isn't it ?
Nearly popped in for a coffee yesterday Pete - was driving out of Schipol and saw the Kvaerner offices - is that where you are right now ?
Old 17 Aug 2000, 09:03 (Ref:31045)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nope. I'm right next to Zoetermeer station. Didn't know we'd got offices near Schipol.