Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 2 Mar 2018, 17:03 (Ref:3805280)   #101
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I got my hardcopy yesterday! Yes, they cover industry news as well. Road & Track is my other favorite.
OT, so apologies, but I’ve got a treasured copy of “50 Years of Road Track” bought your side of the pond many years ago....
Old 2 Mar 2018, 22:30 (Ref:3805319)   #102
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
OT, so apologies, but I’ve got a treasured copy of “50 Years of Road Track” bought your side of the pond many years ago....
Yeah, Mike, if there is one thing that I'm known for, it's staying on topic. I don't have the 50th anniversary R&T but I do have Motor Trend's.

I love getting a hardcopy of R&T. It is still the larger size with the thicker paper and they use mostly full page photographs. It must cost a fortune to print.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 02:09 (Ref:3827062)   #103
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see the newly launched (in Australia) Mercedes X Class has been reviewed as less desirable than a Ford Ranger and Toyota Hilux in a 3 way test. The Merc is deemed to be poor quality, with a naff, fragile, poor fitting interior, and expensive amongst other negatives.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-rev...cc5d-315003801

Old 6 Jun 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3827187)   #104
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
maybe its the picture, but thats an ugly looking truck!
Old 7 Jun 2018, 12:23 (Ref:3827386)   #105
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
maybe its the picture, but thats an ugly looking truck!
Another Nissan Navara offspring, although Merc are going to great lengths to suggest that it is completely re-engineered.... We get the Fiat version here now as well, and I think Renault also have their own re-skin for some markets?

X class supposed to be different interior, rear suspension, and body panels, to start with. I have a Disco 4 owning mate who’s waiting for the V6 (Merc) diesel engine, and insists it will be a better buy than the new Discovery. Apart from price, I can’t see much else that would be better......
Old 8 Jun 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3827655)   #106
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Another Nissan Navara offspring, although Merc are going to great lengths to suggest that it is completely re-engineered.... We get the Fiat version here now as well, and I think Renault also have their own re-skin for some markets?

X class supposed to be different interior, rear suspension, and body panels, to start with. I have a Disco 4 owning mate who’s waiting for the V6 (Merc) diesel engine, and insists it will be a better buy than the new Discovery. Apart from price, I can’t see much else that would be better......
The Nissan platform is ooooooooold.

Ram announced last week that there is a new Dakota (small pickup) to be released around 2020 that will be sold as a Fiat in Europe.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 16:45 (Ref:3832530)   #107
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
I saw my first new Ram 1500 today. It was a Limited, crew cab, 4x4 in dark red. It was beautiful. I totally don't need it. Nope, not gonna get one. No way.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3832545)   #108
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I saw my first new Ram 1500 today. It was a Limited, crew cab, 4x4 in dark red. It was beautiful. I totally don't need it. Nope, not gonna get one. No way.
Good, i don't want to see it in October.

For work I have sold a couple trucks in the past 2 weeks. A 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 V8 with an equipment package I didn't know was ever sold in the US. No power anything, and i swear the radio was from the 80's. I am also selling an 01 Tacoma 4 door with the v6 and 4x4. Both are in terrible exterior shape and have 140,000 miles on them.

There was no interest in the Sierra, but people are knocking down my door to pay $5500 for this Tacoma. I don't get it.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3832564)   #109
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Good, i don't want to see it in October.

For work I have sold a couple trucks in the past 2 weeks. A 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 V8 with an equipment package I didn't know was ever sold in the US. No power anything, and i swear the radio was from the 80's. I am also selling an 01 Tacoma 4 door with the v6 and 4x4. Both are in terrible exterior shape and have 140,000 miles on them.

There was no interest in the Sierra, but people are knocking down my door to pay $5500 for this Tacoma. I don't get it.
Because that's broken in on the Tacoma. And everything is available aftermarket to completely rebuild the truck.

I've seen a couple of the Limiteds and I'm torn, it's shiny but that badge on the hood just ruins the lines. And they don't sell a no chrome, decently equipped full size truck; and the diesels are held up in the EPA we want our cash for violations that aren't actually violations (if they were the private lawsuits would have been allowed but they were dismissed) circle of hell. How Ford got theirs through when the EPAs diesel checks were on hold is beyond me but there are claims nothing until early 2019 will be approved and no engines have been imported.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3832692)   #110
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
UA has a 98 Tacoma that just turned 300k miles and it runs great. That one is brand new.

I think it's the lack of equipment on the Sierra.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3832696)   #111
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Because that's broken in on the Tacoma. And everything is available aftermarket to completely rebuild the truck.

I've seen a couple of the Limiteds and I'm torn, it's shiny but that badge on the hood just ruins the lines. And they don't sell a no chrome, decently equipped full size truck; and the diesels are held up in the EPA we want our cash for violations that aren't actually violations (if they were the private lawsuits would have been allowed but they were dismissed) circle of hell. How Ford got theirs through when the EPAs diesel checks were on hold is beyond me but there are claims nothing until early 2019 will be approved and no engines have been imported.
I like the regular Laramie the best.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 02:55 (Ref:3835105)   #112
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
2020 Chevrolet HDs:

...I guess since 6" wide emblems are not good enough, we'll have to get used to giant letters plastered all over the place. I give it a D- in comparison to the very handsome half ton.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3835250)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
2020 Chevrolet HDs:

...I guess since 6" wide emblems are not good enough, we'll have to get used to giant letters plastered all over the place. I give it a D- in comparison to the very handsome half ton.
Hmmm, is that a Chevrolet by chance? Holy excrement is that giant lettering, makes the RAM on the tailgate look tame, well the painted Ram at least.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 13:35 (Ref:3836301)   #114
Tempest67
Rookie

Tempest67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do they have the Nissan Navara here in the US? I have a brother who lives in Asia who sings praises about this model.
Old 28 Aug 2018, 23:45 (Ref:3846802)   #115
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest67 View Post
Do they have the Nissan Navara here in the US? I have a brother who lives in Asia who sings praises about this model.
It is the Frontier, although there has been a newer generation Navara out for a few years.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3850133)   #116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I may be looking at crew cab mid size trucks (non are small or compact anymore). I drove a Frontier earlier this week for work. Someone talk me into this or out of this. If you can talk me into this, a Colorado???
Old 14 Sep 2018, 20:03 (Ref:3850162)   #117
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I may be looking at crew cab mid size trucks (non are small or compact anymore). I drove a Frontier earlier this week for work. Someone talk me into this or out of this. If you can talk me into this, a Colorado???
Frontier is a fine truck but an old design. Those went into production in 2004. The 2nd gen Colorados (2012- ) are really nice and what I would buy new right now. However, if you're looking older than that, go Tacoma or go home. It's the only cool vehicle Toyota makes.

I know size is a concern of yours, but look into the value of a mid-size vs a full size truck. I couldn't make the math work but I was buying new.
Old 15 Sep 2018, 13:16 (Ref:3850331)   #118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Frontier is a fine truck but an old design. Those went into production in 2004. The 2nd gen Colorados (2012- ) are really nice and what I would buy new right now. However, if you're looking older than that, go Tacoma or go home. It's the only cool vehicle Toyota makes.

I know size is a concern of yours, but look into the value of a mid-size vs a full size truck. I couldn't make the math work but I was buying new.
Unless I'm towing a whale, I don't "need" a big truck, but comfort is a concern. I've been driving my dad's Ranger for a couple of weeks now (again) and it's built for people 5'-10" / 215 or less; I'm neither of those.

Considering a truck for me and a wagon for the wife and flip flopping between us, so a big truck would be a concern for her as she seems to hit everything in a midsize SUV...

I'd like to have another Yoda. I really liked my 86 4x4 w/ KC lights.
Old 17 Sep 2018, 01:20 (Ref:3850901)   #119
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Unless I'm towing a whale, I don't "need" a big truck, but comfort is a concern. I've been driving my dad's Ranger for a couple of weeks now (again) and it's built for people 5'-10" / 215 or less; I'm neither of those.

Considering a truck for me and a wagon for the wife and flip flopping between us, so a big truck would be a concern for her as she seems to hit everything in a midsize SUV...

I'd like to have another Yoda. I really liked my 86 4x4 w/ KC lights.
I don't need a full size truck either. The last time I was buying I looked at a Tacoma and a loaded up one in that great electric blue they have was roughly $35,000 out the door and my truck was $37,500 out the door. The 2.5 avg. mpg difference does not make up for the lack of features (leather, remote start, etc.) or that engine. On the flip side, you know how much trouble I've had with my american truck... not a damn thing.
Old 17 Sep 2018, 02:24 (Ref:3850912)   #120
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I don't need a full size truck either. The last time I was buying I looked at a Tacoma and a loaded up one in that great electric blue they have was roughly $35,000 out the door and my truck was $37,500 out the door. The 2.5 avg. mpg difference does not make up for the lack of features (leather, remote start, etc.) or that engine. On the flip side, you know how much trouble I've had with my american truck... not a damn thing.
Very fair points, well made. The only issue I know of is parking. And again, I'm considering having my wife drive it on some occasions.

Looking around and seeing what's out there, I think I'm on the hunt for Tacomas. 4wd is preferred but a Prerunner may be okay, too. Need to drive one to decide.

The boys want your truck so we've done something right with them...
Old 17 Sep 2018, 02:45 (Ref:3850916)   #121
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Very fair points, well made. The only issue I know of is parking. And again, I'm considering having my wife drive it on some occasions.

Looking around and seeing what's out there, I think I'm on the hunt for Tacomas. 4wd is preferred but a Prerunner may be okay, too. Need to drive one to decide.

The boys want your truck so we've done something right with them...
A great choice, probably the best on the used market. All trucks hold their value too.

While I only use 4x4 once in a blue moon to leave a job site, I just like the way they look. Probably a waste of money but I'll leave that to you.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 03:57 (Ref:3872179)   #122
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
The new Jeep Gladiator is badass.

There are lots of reviews and comparisons of the new 1/2 ton pickups out now that I'll eventually get around to posting. Spoiler: For the first time I ever remember, the Ram wins them all.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3872224)   #123
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Have to agree. To think it was just a concept for a while.....

Not sure it will be coming to the UK, but fingers crossed!
Old 24 Dec 2018, 16:02 (Ref:3872259)   #124
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Have to agree. To think it was just a concept for a while.....

Not sure it will be coming to the UK, but fingers crossed!
There is not much info out on it yet, but with 1,650 lbs of payload capacity and 7,650 lbs of towing, that puts it with the best mid-size trucks from Chevy, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, etc. This is no Wrangler with a bed on it, it's a real truck too.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3872626)   #125
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Makes me wonder if Morgan would be ok with me trading my truck for a new toy.