Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Oct 2020, 15:39 (Ref:4010853)   #226
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting strategy to tell 50% of your GT3 class that they’ll need to find somewhere else to drive next year. http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...-for-2021.html

I tend to agree with the move from a competition stand point.

Last edited by tux; 15 Oct 2020 at 15:55.
Old 15 Oct 2020, 16:07 (Ref:4010857)   #227
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, of all years to push towards expanding the number of amateur racers, this may not have been it...
Old 15 Oct 2020, 20:25 (Ref:4010882)   #228
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As if the enforced amateurishness of GT racing wasn't bad enough already. Heaven forbid that someone should actually have to earn a trophy. Nah, just take the good drivers out.
Old 15 Oct 2020, 23:04 (Ref:4010902)   #229
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
As if the enforced amateurishness of GT racing wasn't bad enough already. Heaven forbid that someone should actually have to earn a trophy. Nah, just take the good drivers out.
I don't generally.see the Pro-Am or even Am-Am as enforced amateurishness, I think it's more a case of necessity. Without the Ams, the big business owners who want to go racing, GT racing would be a much smaller pack.

Can't say I quite understand the latest switch fully, but not like anyone is forcing you to watch it. If the 'amateurishness' upsets you then watch the pros racing in WEC, IMSA and.....well all the other GT series bursting at the seams with people being paid to drive.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 16 Oct 2020, 08:44 (Ref:4010950)   #230
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
It's not that the drivers are the problem as such, I just don't agree with all of these sub-classes; GT3 & GT4 are the only classifications necessary. If you want to win something, improve your driving and earn it. I don't see what satisfaction people get from winning a trophy for finishing 7th.

And I already watch WEC & Super GT to get my pro fix.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 08:46 (Ref:4010953)   #231
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's not that the drivers are the problem as such, I just don't agree with all of these sub-classes; GT3 & GT4 are the only classifications necessary. If you want to win something, improve your driving and earn it. I don't see what satisfaction people get from winning a trophy for finishing 7th.

Unless you cater for at least some of the Ams to win something they won't turn up. You'll still get some of them, but entries definitely be down if you just had trophies for GT3 and GT4.

Guys that run a company during the week and race during the weekend arent going to be able to compete with the guys who are race instructors all week or already racing for factory teams in other series.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Oct 2020, 20:07 (Ref:4011195)   #232
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Im pretty sure blocking silver cup means that every GT3 competes to win as a Pro-Am. thus solving your issue?
Old 19 Oct 2020, 18:15 (Ref:4011539)   #233
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Mad how they class Buncombe as a Bronze driver. AMs have a right to be annoyed imo.
lol, struck me as an odd one as well
Old 20 Oct 2020, 18:02 (Ref:4011686)   #234
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Im pretty sure blocking silver cup means that every GT3 competes to win as a Pro-Am. thus solving your issue?
Seems a bit quirky, but he is over 40.

You would have thought having LMP1 experience on your CV puts you at silver at least, but that was 10 years or so ago
Old 29 Oct 2020, 03:56 (Ref:4013655)   #235
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually wouldn't be surprised if the championship becomes GTC/GT4 in the future. Seems to be a big push to get the GTC class expanded.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 11:27 (Ref:4013705)   #236
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Actually wouldn't be surprised if the championship becomes GTC/GT4 in the future. Seems to be a big push to get the GTC class expanded.
I personally can't see that happening for quite a while, if ever. GTC has never really taken off anywhere and Ratel and Frannascovici have only recently managed to get GT3 back into double digits, so I really don't see them abandoning the class unless the FIA and or the ACO manage to wrest control of GT3 as a whole from the SRO - and even then, Ratel has a more attractive product in GT2.

Also, what cars are there even for GTC? Traditionally it would be the single-make-racers from Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini, but I don't think the Porsche Cup car can hang with the Italians anymore since those guys have seen a big increase in performance with the last couple of generations of their cars. Maybe that new Aston unveiled at LM would work as well, but we really haven't seen much of that one so far, so it's hard to judge.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 15:08 (Ref:4013735)   #237
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I personally can't see that happening for quite a while, if ever. GTC has never really taken off anywhere and Ratel and Frannascovici have only recently managed to get GT3 back into double digits, so I really don't see them abandoning the class unless the FIA and or the ACO manage to wrest control of GT3 as a whole from the SRO - and even then, Ratel has a more attractive product in GT2.

Also, what cars are there even for GTC? Traditionally it would be the single-make-racers from Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini, but I don't think the Porsche Cup car can hang with the Italians anymore since those guys have seen a big increase in performance with the last couple of generations of their cars. Maybe that new Aston unveiled at LM would work as well, but we really haven't seen much of that one so far, so it's hard to judge.
Thats true, i just thought that since SRO have said they are trying to grow the GTC class in British GT, the removal of silver/silver GT3 lineups and the 3 GTC entries into the upcoming Silverstone 500 event that if GT3 numbers decline then maybe SRO will remove GT3 altogether.

Having said that there is another GT3 Mclaren from two seas entered too for Al Faisal al Zubair and Martin Kodric. Interestingly a silver/silver lineup
Old 29 Oct 2020, 15:40 (Ref:4013739)   #238
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
I thought it was said at the press conference from Spa last week that the aim is to have British GT as GT2/GT3 race and a separate race for GT4?
Old 30 Oct 2020, 11:39 (Ref:4013878)   #239
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Adam / West in an Aston for Silverstone, replacing the Batmobile !!!

https://www.britishgt.com/news/660/r...one-500-outing
Old 30 Oct 2020, 11:50 (Ref:4013882)   #240
Bcarr6
Veteran

Both GT3 and GT4 are going to be fantastic at Silverstone.

Let’s hope the weather is ok

Honestly not sure I could pick a winner from that GtT3 entry
Old 30 Oct 2020, 17:07 (Ref:4013914)   #241
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Adam / West in an Aston for Silverstone, replacing the Batmobile !!!

https://www.britishgt.com/news/660/r...one-500-outing

Good one!
Old 2 Nov 2020, 14:50 (Ref:4014556)   #242
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news!

Silverstone BGT is going ahead this weekend!
Old 2 Nov 2020, 15:07 (Ref:4014560)   #243
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That is great news. Hopefully a good final, especially with an ex F1 champion in the field. Should be a good one
Old 2 Nov 2020, 15:35 (Ref:4014568)   #244
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That is great news. Hopefully a good final, especially with an ex F1 champion in the field. Should be a good one
Last year I was officiating at Suzuka and a driver was sent to see us after he crossed the pit exit blend line.

Having shown the driver the evidence, I felt obliged to ask: "Have you done much racing Mr Häkkinen?

This weekend should be fun!

Old 2 Nov 2020, 20:06 (Ref:4014610)   #245
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's my Sunday afternoon sorted!
Old 3 Nov 2020, 03:11 (Ref:4014656)   #246
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Good news is that as well as being streamed live on the usual YouTube channels the race is being shown live on Sky Sports F1, I believe this is the first time the championship has ever had live TV coverage (I know it’s been streamed for a couple of years).
Old 3 Nov 2020, 09:11 (Ref:4014686)   #247
Bcarr6
Veteran

2 additional Optimum Mclaren GT3s entered

That brings the total to 9 720s GT3’s entered for this race!!

Not a bad race to be a Mclaren fan

2x Rocket team Button RJN
1x Balfe
3x 2 Seas Motorsport
3x Optimum Motorsport
Old 3 Nov 2020, 09:45 (Ref:4014692)   #248
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Good news is that as well as being streamed live on the usual YouTube channels the race is being shown live on Sky Sports F1, I believe this is the first time the championship has ever had live TV coverage (I know it’s been streamed for a couple of years).
Motors TV used to show it live.
Old 3 Nov 2020, 11:56 (Ref:4014712)   #249
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Motors TV used to show it live.
Oooh, Motors TV...
Old 3 Nov 2020, 21:03 (Ref:4014775)   #250
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ahh I get everything wrong, I’m such a screw up. You should demand my account gets deleted tbh