Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 9 Dec 2020, 19:16 (Ref:4021804)   #476
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would it be absurd to suggest that Red Bull are not keen on Pérez because he might keep Verstappen a bit too honest from time to time and upset the applecart? The constructors' title is great and worth money, but could they want a straightforward focus for the drivers' title should they be in such a position? Pérez might not want to play second fiddle.

Perhaps he's already told them that and they're holding out for some kind of decent reason to maintain Albon apart from the fact he will be compliant.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 20:04 (Ref:4021811)   #477
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They don't even need to ask Albon to be compliant, he can't get close enough to Max to be anything else....
Old 9 Dec 2020, 20:59 (Ref:4021822)   #478
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And that is also a problem in a championship battle. No-one to help deflect the challenge of a rival team.

That's why Bottas is a good rear gunner for Hamilton, because he's (usually) close behind but not way off, although of course, most of us fans want Russell in there now.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 21:04 (Ref:4021824)   #479
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I actually think Perez would fill a Bottas role at Red Bull. I can't see him challenging on pure pace too many times.

And if it did get close then he might have repeated meltdowns like he did with Ocon.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 21:18 (Ref:4021826)   #480
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Actually, in a sport where fairly fine margins make and break reputations and it is tough to compare individuals (due to 2 per team) and different team performances, not to mention the existence of judgemental know-it-alls like us forum types, it would be nice to see a good yardstick like Pérez for Verstappen.

Normally you'd say Max is the yardstick, but I mean it's been a while since he's been challenged and whilst he probably is amazing, it would be nice to see confirmation. Ricciardo ran him close and don't let's forget how Sainz kept him honest.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 21:52 (Ref:4021831)   #481
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
And that is also a problem in a championship battle. No-one to help deflect the challenge of a rival team.
Exactly. Hamilton would have won the Constructor's title with his own points tally - which tells you everything you need to know about the second Red Bull seat.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 23:01 (Ref:4021844)   #482
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They don't even need to ask Albon to be compliant, he can't get close enough to Max to be anything else....
That is so cruel and unfortunately very true.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 11:30 (Ref:4021928)   #483
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
That is so cruel and unfortunately very true.
I'm afraid so.... I like the kid and accept that, when he's on song, he's a good racer, but right now he seems out of his depth and someone needs to throw him a lifebelt....
Old 10 Dec 2020, 12:27 (Ref:4021942)   #484
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I feel he has been signed on talent and certainly deserves to be in F1 and on occasion he has been able to show his skill. The problem is he doesn’t seem to be at one with the car and shows that F2 is one thing, F1 is a very tough business. Shame, but that’s how it goes for some
Old 10 Dec 2020, 13:58 (Ref:4021957)   #485
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems everyone has missed the obvious candidate to along side Max next season.
With his thuggish behaviour, Mazipan would go perfectly.
Although the team will probably need to employ several "bouncers" to stop them assaulting other drivers :-)
Old 10 Dec 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4021971)   #486
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Somewhat unfair to Max methinks.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 15:48 (Ref:4021976)   #487
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, he's not Jos.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 16:01 (Ref:4021978)   #488
EastonNeston
Veteran

Who was it Max assaulted after the race a couple of years ago?
Old 10 Dec 2020, 16:04 (Ref:4021981)   #489
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was then, he's improved since those times. Even you would forgive his frustration last weekend surely?
Old 10 Dec 2020, 16:43 (Ref:4021990)   #490
EastonNeston
Veteran

His tantrum last weekend was amusing.
However, like his father he resorts to his fists too often.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 17:17 (Ref:4021998)   #491
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
His tantrum last weekend was amusing.
However, like his father he resorts to his fists too often.
Has he ever actually used his fists? Are you calling him shoving ocon an "assault"? Seems extreme. A little bit of that is ok for the sport anyway. The passive aggressive comments in press conferences is pretty lame.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 17:33 (Ref:4022004)   #492
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I know he had that pushing shoving match, but no, I don’t remember him resorting to flying fists. I can understand his emotion in that Ocon incident when tensions are running high and it wasn’t the worst thing I’d seen or heard about in racing. He got a punishment for it, but it wasn’t all out violence. Remember some drivers have resorted to fists, including one who be on the grid next year. I can understand Max’s emotion at times, it can happen to all of us at times
Old 10 Dec 2020, 17:36 (Ref:4022007)   #493
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Piquet and Salazar, possibly one of the more humorous due to the fact he was punching a crash helmet.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 17:58 (Ref:4022012)   #494
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Piquet and Salazar, possibly one of the more humorous due to the fact he was punching a crash helmet.

That was epic.

https://youtu.be/EFky8hpVolg
Old 10 Dec 2020, 18:09 (Ref:4022015)   #495
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Just goes to show how emotion can take hold.

On the one side you have people like me who find any sort of fisticuffs absolutely bizarre behaviour.

On the other people so out of their minds they will break their fists on someone's protective gear to prove some kind of point.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 22:28 (Ref:4022063)   #496
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I know he had that pushing shoving match, but no, I don’t remember him resorting to flying fists. I can understand his emotion in that Ocon incident when tensions are running high and it wasn’t the worst thing I’d seen or heard about in racing. He got a punishment for it, but it wasn’t all out violence. Remember some drivers have resorted to fists, including one who be on the grid next year. I can understand Max’s emotion at times, it can happen to all of us at times
Anybody remember James Hunt's antics on multiple occasions?
Old 11 Dec 2020, 15:08 (Ref:4022190)   #497
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep he was a showman, and F1 needed that to bring it to the attention of the world, thanks to him and the others t that time Lewis is now paid many millions for being a goat.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 19:28 (Ref:4022230)   #498
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Unless Albon produces a miracle this weekend, I feel like this isn't really between Perez/Hulkenberg vs. Albon, but between Marco admitting they've run out of good Red Bull Jr programme options and not admitting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Actually they needed to in Turkey when Max had a crashfest going and Albon's steadier drive landed him in from of MV towards the end of the race! They ordered AA to let MV pass for no apparent reason, then MV didn't catch anyone else but never relinquished the position and that's how they finished. You really don't want to be #2 in Red Bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
It seems everyone has missed the obvious candidate to along side Max next season.
With his thuggish behaviour, Mazipan would go perfectly.
Although the team will probably need to employ several "bouncers" to stop them assaulting other drivers :-)
I concur. The bouncers would probably also have to keep an eye on Jos, when he's in the garage. Also, what about that Dick Tantrum guy? He's both fast and repugnant enough!
Old 11 Dec 2020, 20:13 (Ref:4022237)   #499
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Also, what about that Dick Tantrum guy? He's both fast and repugnant enough!
I think it might take a bit longer yet for them to forget what a cock he comes across as. Mind you, if he wins enough with a “better” team...

Great name though!
Old 11 Dec 2020, 20:57 (Ref:4022241)   #500
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Great name though!
I am typically not a fan of the derogatory nicknames, but that one is well constructed and made me smile a bit.

Richard