Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Oct 2020, 16:27 (Ref:4007817)   #1
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Covered trailer awning suggestions

Hoping someone might point me in the right direction.
We have a covered Eco IQ trailer and we are looking for an single car awning that we can attach to it
Does anyone have any recommendations, as my experience with easy ups is not a happy one and we would prefer to have something attached to the trailer

many thanks
Old 1 Oct 2020, 18:15 (Ref:4007836)   #2
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I towed with a Tranny van converted with some living/sleeping accommodation we attached some caravan type awning rail to the side of the van and bought a cheap caravan awning to attach thereto. Doubled the space available.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 20:36 (Ref:4007851)   #3
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’d speak to the awning company or Weatherweave. Both do made to measure not cheap but by far the best option and you’ll get your money back when you finish with it.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 21:32 (Ref:4007859)   #4
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends if you want a comparatively flimsy motorhome style roll out awning or a heavier duty type.

Awning Company or similar would be durable, as weatherproof as it gets, but expensive, bulky and a significant payload to your van.

Or a heavier duty pop up awning?
Old 1 Oct 2020, 22:16 (Ref:4007862)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I had a wind out Italian Fiamma one on the side of my racebox as part of a sponsorship deal that worked very well. You could use it to work on the car in the rain and it had zip on sides that we put on and slept in at the weekend meetings.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Oct 2020, 08:51 (Ref:4007907)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Another vote for Fiamma . . . .roll out awning, and slide/zip on sides.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 09:17 (Ref:4007911)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Does your particular regulations allow you to do so? What will be the total length? What will be the total weight?
Old 2 Oct 2020, 12:22 (Ref:4007972)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
The MK6 Transit is homologated for racing, with a Fiamma awning, a competitive weapon the the M25 24hr

Didn't try racing with it erected though
Old 2 Oct 2020, 14:09 (Ref:4008013)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
The MK6 Transit is homologated for racing, with a Fiamma awning, a competitive weapon the the M25 24hr

Didn't try racing with it erected though
And don't drive too close to hedge rows/trees on the side that it's mounted
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !