Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 13 Oct 2020, 22:17 (Ref:4010489)   #1
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Works Triumph 2.5PI of Paddy Hopkirk Found

From Practical Classics:-
The discovery of this ex Paddy Hopkirk works Triumph 2.5 PI rally car XJB 302H
'At last I can release some pictures of the works Triumph of Paddy Hopkirk, which we have finally got to a safe place.
It is in amazing condition, having been hidden away since 1977. It even has the maps inside it from a Scottish event!’
https://www.facebook.com/PracticalCl...k*F&tn-str=k*F

More photos here:-
http://historicmarathonrallygroup.co...xjb302h-found/

Old 14 Oct 2020, 09:03 (Ref:4010551)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
That's not my interpretation of "amazing condition"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Oct 2020, 15:07 (Ref:4010843)   #3
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was this car previously with a well known Mini rallyist D J?

I owned one of his Cooper S's and was told he had a number of ex works cars including a 2.5PI

Edit - a quick search shows the person in mind sadly passed away in July.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 14:53 (Ref:4011024)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
That's not my interpretation of "amazing condition"

Well, I suppose the word "amazing", by itself, makes no claims to be indicating whether good or bad.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 17:59 (Ref:4011049)   #5
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Well, I suppose the word "amazing", by itself, makes no claims to be indicating whether good or bad.
I took it to mean a number of amazings:
Amazing that it's not fallen to pieces.
Amazing that it is so un-molestedly original (apart from corrosion).
Amazing that it's been found now
And so on...
Old 16 Oct 2020, 23:55 (Ref:4011086)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Amazing discussion there on the word amazing.

Great find. I wonder what the plans are for it. Couldn’t find the article on fb. I’m sure it’ll be in the mag soon enough...
Old 17 Oct 2020, 16:55 (Ref:4011168)   #7
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
Was this car previously with a well known Mini rallyist D J?

I owned one of his Cooper S's and was told he had a number of ex works cars including a 2.5PI

Edit - a quick search shows the person in mind sadly passed away in July.

Yes it was part of a collection of cars owned by David Jenkins who sadly died earlier this year.
Old 18 Oct 2020, 07:35 (Ref:4011318)   #8
Librules
Rookie

Librules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Amazing discussion there on the word amazing.

Great find. I wonder what the plans are for it. Couldn’t find the article on fb. I’m sure it’ll be in the mag soon enough...
Try using the 'Hopkirk' as the search reference on the FB Popular Classics page and it should come up ..
Old 19 Oct 2020, 02:06 (Ref:4011444)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks.
Search function in fb drives me insane. But good to see there is a specific page search.