Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4036682)   #76
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Gerard, when I first started racing Croix was virtually an annual event, the HSCC and Top Hat used to go there, although I never did, then Chimay and Spa, Croix got dropped, then Chimay, and now Spa is too much for most.

TBH I've no idea if I'll do anything yet this year, but i have a mK1 Cortina GT (FiA) with a 4.7. Diff. and its closer to home in many respects than most UK circuits.

I did it three times between 1998 and 2003 and really enjoyed going there despite the long haul down to Dover. It's an interesting track with 3 hairpins and a tight entry to the long pit straight. In those days you could spectate from the flat roof over the cafe and see almost all the circuit. The food in the restaurant was typically french and really good. St. Pol was good for visiting in the evenings after the racing.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4036728)   #77
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I did it three times between 1998 and 2003 and really enjoyed going there despite the long haul down to Dover. It's an interesting track with 3 hairpins and a tight entry to the long pit straight. In those days you could spectate from the flat roof over the cafe and see almost all the circuit. The food in the restaurant was typically french and really good. St. Pol was good for visiting in the evenings after the racing.
Sadly, I gather the MSA put an end to UK clubs organising meetings at Croix which was a pity as HSCC, in particular, did a good job. However, individual race series such as the 500cc F3's and the English Ford people are still able to come.

The rooftop viewing is still in use & very popular. The circuit has been very slightly modified at one of the hairpins, adding just a few metres to the circuit length. As you say, St Pol is very good for an evening out, Hesdin probably even better although a little further to travel.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 18:09 (Ref:4036760)   #78
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
John I feel someone missed here would have asked: "Are you on commission, Dear?"
Joke apart, while I still dont recommend to come in France before a long while, its always possible to race at croix for Brits. I'll ask the conditions for your friends but I think that its possible to have a weekend race licence for those not wanting to bother with an itl one. Forget about the HTP thingy they will enter in the invitation class.
Dont jeopardize with any safety device, all the FIA requirements are thoroughly checked. Quite normal IMO.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4036769)   #79
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Just for the record, I dont see anymore the test days planed by PA at Ricard on the website, was 4/5 March ass mentioned on our calendar. May be Will 356 can confirm whether its cancelled or not.

Coming from very serious people those delays or cancellations are bad news, because they have informations Ã* la source being close to the powers. Just hope they can hold the 30 April/2 May dates for Le Castellet Dix Mille Tours. They must have a hard time atm.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4036887)   #80
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Addition to previous delays, last PA email ends with those words:
"The dates of subsequent events will be confirmed to you as soon as possible, depending on the evolution of the health situation.Counting on your understanding,Best regards."
Old 25 Feb 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4036930)   #81
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I feel that there should not be date changes if events are not allowed to run earlier in the season. It crowds the calendar and can badly effect the smaller events if a major one moves onto the same date and it's within a 100 miles. Not just race meeting sbut classic shows etc that are often run for charities.
If you can't run on your date you should cancel until next year. otherwise it's just greed.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4036950)   #82
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I feel that there should not be date changes if events are not allowed to run earlier in the season. It crowds the calendar and can badly effect the smaller events if a major one moves onto the same date and it's within a 100 miles. Not just race meeting sbut classic shows etc that are often run for charities.
If you can't run on your date you should cancel until next year. otherwise it's just greed.
In the case of Goodwood, they have already postponed the event once from 2020 so I would understand if they wanted to move it back a little bit. They rolled over entries and spectator tickets already.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 19:12 (Ref:4036983)   #83
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Same thing with Le Mans Classic. May be the modern one and test days, held three weeks before, will be a kind of rehearsal, same track layout same hassle to close the public roads, riverains, shops…
Old 25 Feb 2021, 23:10 (Ref:4037028)   #84
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
As noted elsewhere, got a notification from CSCC today that their Knockhill 2-day meet has been rearranged from 1/2 May to 3/4 July - and they are hoping to rearrange the cancelled Snetterton date (was 27/28 March) to end-April / early May.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 06:40 (Ref:4037053)   #85
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
As noted elsewhere, got a notification from CSCC today that their Knockhill 2-day meet has been rearranged from 1/2 May to 3/4 July - and they are hoping to rearrange the cancelled Snetterton date (was 27/28 March) to end-April / early May.
Also still trying to get clarification about ability for overnight stays at circuits up to 12 April as this affects the CSCC meeting at Oulton on 10 April.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4037073)   #86
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Goodwood have jumped first and the Members Meeting has been postponed to 16/17 October.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:26 (Ref:4037074)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I still have my main Le Mans booking from last year. Still doubtful whether I'll get to use it!
Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4037077)   #88
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup, just got the mail.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:34 (Ref:4037078)   #89
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
ATM nobody can cheer you up… May be your tickets will become collectors, who knows? Would be good news if they maintain the test day on 6 June.
Tough time for the new Hypercar category, if something bad happens during this test, they'll have few hours to fix it.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:34 (Ref:4037079)   #90
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yup, just got the mail.
The daffs will never last that long...
Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:37 (Ref:4037083)   #91
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think the saddest thing is the inability to travel for fun, no matter where you want to go. But I'm optimistic that we will be set free sometime this year.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4037089)   #92
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just heard the MM is a no go this year.

Andy.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4037090)   #93
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's postponed to 16/17 October.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4037096)   #94
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'm too convinced that it will improve, rather shortly. When the vaccination process will have really started here, lets say May, it'll be good. Some major towns, like Nice, and now Paris are asking for a new lockdown.
In total, twenty critical areas are thoroughly monitored. The main question remains the utilisation of a Covid Passport.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 10:16 (Ref:4037100)   #95
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I'm too convinced that it will improve, rather shortly. When the vaccination process will have really started here, lets say May, it'll be good. Some major towns, like Nice, and now Paris are asking for a new lockdown.
In total, twenty critical areas are thoroughly monitored. The main question remains the utilisation of a Covid Passport.
It's a pity our beloved leader did not concentrate on getting vaccinations going instead of playing silly politics. Now we are all paying the price...
Old 26 Feb 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4037102)   #96
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

there was a very good programme about the virus and vaccines etc. on BBC last night. Gave a good explanation of how the vaccines work and suggested that all of them are roughly equal in their efficacy. The key point was that in the vast majority of cases they stop hospitalization and therefore death.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 26 Feb 2021, 11:04 (Ref:4037109)   #97
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's postponed to 16/17 October.

The new date of the Goodwood Members Meeting clashes with the HSCC Finals.

This is a most unfortunate choice of date.

I understand that a tight calendar leads to inevitable clashes.

But to schedule a date for the event on the very weekend of the championship decider races of series that many of the cars entered in the MM usually race in for the rest of the year, boggles the mind.

In Formula Junior, there is now a race at the MM and at the Finals on the same weekend.

RudE
Old 26 Feb 2021, 12:14 (Ref:4037120)   #98
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'm convinced that main organisers like Masters, Peter Auto and Goodwood are in contact to find viable solutions. And avoid when possible any clash.
As stated here before, PA precise that "The dates of subsequent events will be confirmed to you as soon as possible, depending on the evolution of the health situation." If my understanding is good, even Spa Classic is concerned. Not to mention our GP de F Historique, impossible to be held without Brit competitors.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 17:26 (Ref:4037685)   #99
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I see that HRDC who were to run a meeting at Castle Combe on 5 April, reprising the races abandoned because of torrential downpour last year, have now decided that to comply with the Government guidance on travel, it will be deferred to 30 August. Apparently CCRC are still running their local championship events on 5 April.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4037688)   #100
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is all the staying overnight stuff. Our event that weekend has been cancelled because there's no overnight camping on site, and hotels are closed to leisure stays. It'll be interesting to see whether CC can keep this commitment.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk