Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Nov 2021, 19:25 (Ref:4081345)   #1676
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Might be in with a chance then!
Old 3 Nov 2021, 23:12 (Ref:4081382)   #1677
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Something simple for simple people, simply singular. Name the odd-one-out, and why it is.
Piece of fruit cake.
Attached Thumbnails
p1.JPG   p2.JPG   p3.jpg  

p4.jpg   p5.JPG   p6.JPG  

Old 4 Nov 2021, 00:09 (Ref:4081388)   #1678
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s too easy, even for me. Unless this is a trick question. Actually maybe it should be ‘easy even for a fruit cake’ lol
Old 4 Nov 2021, 07:26 (Ref:4081404)   #1679
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That’s too easy, even for me. Unless this is a trick question. Actually maybe it should be ‘easy even for a fruit cake’ lol
Send me a PM Griff. You have some people worried.

Cheers,

Baub.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 07:51 (Ref:4081406)   #1680
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Something simple for simple people, simply singular. Name the odd-one-out, and why it is.
Piece of fruit cake.
Ah well, cake, a baked item, I'll send you a PM...
Old 4 Nov 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4081408)   #1681
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Piece of fruit cake.
#6 - the only one in white racing suit?
Old 4 Nov 2021, 08:43 (Ref:4081411)   #1682
bauble
Veteran

England
Good to see people tackling the puzzle, several incorrect answers, I will not say wrong, because each car is in some way 'different' but the 'right' answer, is a clear and obvious fact, indisputable, and really very simple (which is probably why Griff has the answer) (Well. so he claims)
Old 4 Nov 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4081425)   #1683
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Piece of fruit cake.
OK , in keeping with the quality of the question .
Possible answers . One is going a different way to the others .
Only one has a wing on the back .
One has the noisy bit behind the driver .
One has the exhaust out of the side .
One driver has an open face helmet .

Last edited by Tel 911S; 4 Nov 2021 at 11:07. Reason: A couple more details
Old 4 Nov 2021, 12:48 (Ref:4081447)   #1684
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
OK , in keeping with the quality of the question .
Possible answers . One is going a different way to the others .
Only one has a wing on the back .
One has the noisy bit behind the driver .
One has the exhaust out of the side .
One driver has an open face helmet .
You forgot (or did not notice) only one has a roof.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 12:58 (Ref:4081449)   #1685
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
You forgot (or did not notice) only one has a roof.
Blast , I spent HOURS ? staring at the pictures and missed that .
Old 4 Nov 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4081450)   #1686
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought the obvious was that the Maserati as the only left hand drive car!
Old 4 Nov 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4081451)   #1687
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
#2 - the only one you can fix the number upside down on
Old 4 Nov 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4081452)   #1688
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it must be, obviously, picture No. 3 as that one appears to be the only one sponsored by Vitaphone.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 13:48 (Ref:4081461)   #1689
bauble
Veteran

England
Any know their Shakespeare? ".... by any other name would smell as sweet."

Oh! I'm sure they all smell differently, but that is not the point.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4081467)   #1690
bauble
Veteran

England
More help needed?
Another batch all featuring an odd-one-out. It's easy.
Attached Thumbnails
p2 a.JPG   p2 e.JPG   p2 c.JPG  

p2 d.JPG   p2 b.JPG   IMG_2035.JPG  

Old 4 Nov 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4081471)   #1691
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
#2 - the only one driving past a port-a-loo
Old 4 Nov 2021, 14:56 (Ref:4081482)   #1692
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And what's more he's going round the outside of the loo, so that's a brilliant overtake
Old 4 Nov 2021, 16:44 (Ref:4081498)   #1693
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Cracked it now!
Old 4 Nov 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4081499)   #1694
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Cracked it now!
Mike Crowe was first to see the chequered flag. RBS, has picked the odd one, in batch 2, however, with no explanation of why. No mention of batch 1 RB?
Old 4 Nov 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4081501)   #1695
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Mike Crowe was first to see the chequered flag.
I can't see a chequered flag in any of the pictures. Is it being waved out of frame?
Old 4 Nov 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4081502)   #1696
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Mike Crowe was first to see the chequered flag. RBS, has picked the odd one, in batch 2, however, with no explanation of why. No mention of batch 1 RB?
Check your PMs Baub, I have sent you the answers.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4081504)   #1697
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Check your PMs Baub, I have sent you the answers.
Apologies RB, I missed that one, but I gave you Charles, and you have called him Henry!

If someone wants to explain to the masses, how the quiz works feel free do do so.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4081507)   #1698
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Apologies RB, I missed that one, but I gave you Charles, and you have called him Henry!

If someone wants to explain to the masses, how the quiz works feel free do do so.

i still do not understand Charles! The founder was Henry Frederick Stanley
****** . I can (&have) accounted for all the others but Charles, derailed again!
Old 4 Nov 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4081513)   #1699
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
****** . I can (&have) accounted for all the others but Charles, derailed again!
My blunder, Charles is/was a common name in the family. Even i can be wrong now and again.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 23:18 (Ref:4081564)   #1700
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
My chances of solving this are Petering out.....