Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 24 Nov 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1469469)   #126
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
I think we can go backwards i bit to see where things went wrong for him - it wasn't just this year but the 'chopping and changing' between F3000 and whatever else it was he did before as well?

Not convinced he has as much to offer as JML or PM though judging by a/ their budding fan bases (i mean Renault, not just race fans!!) and b/ their on track performances?
Fair enough but he didn't have the funding so he drove in 05 with what was on offer. Which was rather poor by all accounts.

The thing is Lopez was blown off Guerreri in 04 wasn't he? And really Lopez has done very little in the last two years. Given that RDD always sets tough goals for their drivers, it is quite extraordinary that they are keeping him. Maybe, like you imply, they see things better than results show us.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1469711)   #127
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd rate Guerrieri at least the equal of Lopez from what I've seen. They were equal on points in their F3000 season in 2004 - but Lopez had the benefit of a season's experience in the powerful FRenault V6, while Guerrieri jumped straight in from FRenault 2000. No-one could have done much with Toyota power in Euro F3 this year.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1469935)   #128
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
I'd rate Guerrieri at least the equal of Lopez from what I've seen. They were equal on points in their F3000 season in 2004 - but Lopez had the benefit of a season's experience in the powerful FRenault V6, while Guerrieri jumped straight in from FRenault 2000. No-one could have done much with Toyota power in Euro F3 this year.
I have to admit, i haven't fully appreciated this guy's talent, thanks for keeping me informed!
Old 25 Nov 2005, 13:32 (Ref:1470046)   #129
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
re: guerrieri in the euroseries, the midland cars spent quite a bit of time getting involved in midfield accidents as i recall, guerrieri included. i've also just taken a quick look at a couple of timesheets and he wasn't that bad. but then again, on the one i just checked, he was outqualified by ben clucas. on the other he was very quick at monaco in the free practice session. so the numbers don't give much away...
Old 25 Nov 2005, 23:53 (Ref:1470405)   #130
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read that Guerrieri is in tratatives with Manor for a Euro F3 drive next year.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 04:07 (Ref:1470503)   #131
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
and that means little if they all drive like a bag of ****

Dear Boro, your sentence is almost perfect: the word "IF" should be replaced by the word "BECAUSE".
Old 26 Nov 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1470787)   #132
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
Imagine if Senna and Prost stepped up (which would be way too soon IMO) - then we could have a Piquet, Senna, Prost, Lauda and Andretti in the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
and that means little if they all drive like a bag of ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo
Dear Boro, your sentence is almost perfect: the word "IF" should be replaced by the word "BECAUSE".
Disagree, karimbo. Piquet, Senna and Andretti have all shown considerable talent or potential. As for the other two, well...

I was only thinking hypothetically anyway, I wasn't hoping these guys would all be in GP2.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1470793)   #133
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
re: guerrieri in the euroseries, the midland cars spent quite a bit of time getting involved in midfield accidents as i recall, guerrieri included. i've also just taken a quick look at a couple of timesheets and he wasn't that bad. but then again, on the one i just checked, he was outqualified by ben clucas. on the other he was very quick at monaco in the free practice session. so the numbers don't give much away...
That was the one anomaly I noticed when comparing him with his teammates. Then again, Clucas is pretty underrated IMO. Have to agree the stats from this season are pretty inconclusive. If he joins Manor as Mekola suggests we should see what he can do with a competitive team/engine.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1470804)   #134
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think that depends on whether manor decide to stick with the euroseries. iirc they were a bit stroppy about the new regs.

anyway, isn't this about gp2?
Old 26 Nov 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1470866)   #135
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who is commited to F3 ES, this series is dying. If Manor come back to BF3... who will stay in F3 ES.

Look at RECARO Formel 3, they are doing great job, and they are looking pretty strong nowadays.

AFAIK Signature will run two-three cars, Manor and Midland are looking for BF3, HBR have no cash to run four entries?! Will we see at least that magic number 18 at the start of 2006?! I doubt!

Sorry for oft.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1470905)   #136
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
ironic isn't it? the euroseries was the better in 05, in 06 bf3 will be far superior. i think the euroseries is too german focussed to be a euroseries by name anyway, regardless of the number of french teams involved.

back to topic!
Old 27 Nov 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1471473)   #137
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well the euroseries was a stupid idea from the beginning

sorry for beeing off topic
Old 28 Nov 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1472249)   #138
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
As we're back on topic, I see that Sean McIntosh is testing for DPR at Paul Ricard this week. I've been quite impressed by his efforts in A1GP.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1472263)   #139
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, he's impressed me too.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1472325)   #140
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for Sean, I really hope he does well, as he seems like Canada's best prospect right now. He's from just across the water on the other side of Vancouver too.
Old 29 Nov 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1472840)   #141
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickShift
Good for Sean, I really hope he does well, as he seems like Canada's best prospect right now. He's from just across the water on the other side of Vancouver too.
There's Andrew Ranger too?! Wasn't a French Canadian guy supposed to be testing soon as well, it was mentioned on here recently?

On separate note, this Piquet ART story is interesting- wonder how Nelsinho wouls stak up against Lewis?!
Old 29 Nov 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1472895)   #142
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think they're two completely different drivers... but piquet would be faster.
except would he be allowed to be faster...
Old 29 Nov 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1472899)   #143
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
i think they're two completely different drivers... but piquet would be faster.
except would he be allowed to be faster...
Woahhh Bella, talk about sticking your neck on the block!!!
Old 29 Nov 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1472943)   #144
okeefe
Racer

Canada
Simcoe, Ontario
okeefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that about Bessette - I've got real high hopes for this young man! I'm one fan who seems to visit his website about twice a day to see if anything is new for him. I do believe that rally drivers are very skilled drivers - and he seems like a quick learner and quite adaptable to track. I hope he goes far!
Old 29 Nov 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1472968)   #145
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Woahhh Bella, talk about sticking your neck on the block!!!
if piquet lets me down on this i'll be round his with a baseball bat faster than you can say "hamilton"
but really. i'm not going to add the official niss "..if not i'll eat my hat", but i'm fairly confident on that. so long as they have equal cars and attention from a team.
Old 29 Nov 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1473023)   #146
StickShift
Veteran

Quote:
There's Andrew Ranger too?! Wasn't a French Canadian guy supposed to be testing soon as well, it was mentioned on here recently?
You are thinking of Antoine Bessette. He was an average driver in Atlantics, and supposedly was awarded a GP2 test for winning some Canadian driver award... Lo' and behold, the money never came through for the test.

Andrew Ranger will likely be retained by Conquest Motorsports in Champ Car in 2006. The hype he had in the middle of the 2005 season was quashed by a very underwhelming finish to the season.
Old 29 Nov 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1473027)   #147
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeefe
Thanks for that about Bessette - I've got real high hopes for this young man! I'm one fan who seems to visit his website about twice a day to see if anything is new for him. I do believe that rally drivers are very skilled drivers - and he seems like a quick learner and quite adaptable to track. I hope he goes far!
That's the guy!! Cheers for the reminder. Let's see how his story develops.

Quote:
if piquet lets me down on this i'll be round his with a baseball bat faster than you can say "hamilton"
but really. i'm not going to add the official niss "..if not i'll eat my hat", but i'm fairly confident on that. so long as they have equal cars and attention from a team.
Blimey, now there's a performance incentive if ever i saw one!! Nelsinho will be 'on it' straight away at the next test, you'll see

Seriously you're right though, it's down to parity of equipment and there's probably little to choose between them on pace? However as i keep saying if the other leading teams, like Arden, Sears and DPR close the performance gap to the white cars then it won't be just these two guys we'll be looking out for.

I'm thinking Lapierre, Lopez, Kubica, Speed (if he returns) and possibly Pla as well as the 2 aformentioned guys to be the main protagonists...

No dount i've missed about 2 dozen other names!!!
Old 29 Nov 2005, 15:48 (Ref:1473084)   #148
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One from left field - Timo Glock to test for ART on Thursday.
Old 29 Nov 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1473218)   #149
okeefe
Racer

Canada
Simcoe, Ontario
okeefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickShift
You are thinking of Antoine Bessette. He was an average driver in Atlantics, and supposedly was awarded a GP2 test for winning some Canadian driver award... Lo' and behold, the money never came through for the test.

Andrew Ranger will likely be retained by Conquest Motorsports in Champ Car in 2006. The hype he had in the middle of the 2005 season was quashed by a very underwhelming finish to the season.

I'm afraid to ask more about this - but really, is Bessette's GP2 test off?
Old 30 Nov 2005, 01:03 (Ref:1473536)   #150
StickShift
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeefe
I'm afraid to ask more about this - but really, is Bessette's GP2 test off?
In French only: http://www.onroule.ca/modules.php?na...rder=0&thold=0

Simply put, Bessette has decided to focus his money on finding a good seat in the 2006 Formula Atlantic season, rather than scraping it together for a one off test in GP2.