Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Nov 2019, 16:12 (Ref:3941646)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
UltimateCup Series

https://series.ultimatecup.racing/

I had noticed this series (of series) earlier on but never paid attention to it, however now that I'm looking at it, it may be somewhat interesting for lovers of prototype racing. Not only do they have usual stock LMP3 series - which will have upgraded 2020 chassis options available next year even before the actual ACO championships (& Oak Ligier JS P4 thingie from the Ligier Cup functions as secondary "P4" class) - but they also have a CN series. Which by definition should be among the very last open technology, unbalanced sportscar category left after the demise of LMP1. I appreciate CN not dying quite yet.

The individual sub races are not sprints either but several hours long, and in addition to French there is some english commentary:
https://youtu.be/UvCNI6IS3SM

Entry lists are pretty small from what little I saw and I really think they should integrate CN into the LMP3(/"P4") "Prototype" grid, but anyway I think next year might be more packed when the upgraded P3s come over

They all also have Michelin spec tires which is boring but then again all series have that curse nowadays (except SGT and rare others)

UCR has the backing of ACO but I didn't put this under the ACO regulated series as they're not the organizer

Last edited by Deleted; 19 Nov 2019 at 16:32.
Old 20 Nov 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3941756)   #2
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2020 calendar

Mar 20-22 / Barcelona *
Apr 10-12 / Estoril
May 1-3 / Dijon
Jun 26-28 / Navarra
Sep 11-13 / Le Mans Bugatti
Oct 9-10 / Magny-Cours
Oct 30 - Nov 1 / Paul Ricard

* Expected world wide LMP3 debut
Old 10 Dec 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3945907)   #3
Deleted
Veteran

Looking at the regulations (google translated from French to English) it looks as if other "special prototypes" may be entered into the "P4" class, or new classes created altogether

https://series.ultimatecup.racing/ph...techniq....pdf

Depending on the available places:
P4 - Ultimate Cup series could accept this new generation of prototype:
o Ligier JSP4
o Pescarolo 04 open or closed version
o Etc ...
This category should have lower performance than the LMP3.
Classes could be created depending on the participants.