Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 May 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3250759)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A cretinous decision like the same cretinous one taken to move F1 to pay-per-view. Selfish self-serving gits.
Old 20 May 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3250762)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is a bit ironic that Jake said all that stuff about the BBC VS Sky than headed off for the paycheque. Kettles, pots and the colour black pop into my head for some reason.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 00:18 (Ref:3355459)   #28
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Toby Moody has tweeted that he won't be part of the BT Sports coverage of the MotoGP. I've seen a suggestion that Jules won't be either.
Old 20 Jan 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3356315)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have heard they may either take the GP feed, so that would be Nick Harris and Gavin " storm in a teacup" Emmet

Also heard the woman who was so insignificantly bad at presenting the BBC prog for a year, I ahve forgotten her name might get that gig too.

Be great if its Keith H, but as I would never pay for this savagely done deal I will never get to watch it anyway!
Old 18 Feb 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3369715)   #30
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/200...v-line-up.html

So the BT Sport coverage is going to be led by none other than long-time famous bike fan - Melanie Sykes. Huh......

What - the one off the Boddington's ad??? Really???

Well ok - if she's good enough to keep her mouth shut for the majority of the time or at least show enough professionalism to learn about the sport (in all 3 classes and not just the Brits mind) then maybe it'll work. I haven't really got a reference point to be fair so you never know.

The rest of the line up looks ok. We do get Jules and he's reunited with Huewen. That's obviously not the dream team of Toby, Jules and Randy, but for me it's not far short. Then we have JT and Hodgson which can only be good.

Iwan Thomas to provide a bit of enthusiasm and long time purveyor of cheap daytime TV, Craig Doyle, to do what he does and be wholly pleasant and uncontroversial.

Since I managed to negotiate £6 a month off my Premier Sports bill I'll probably sign up for this and reserve the right to complain about lots of broadband-user only content they'll no doubt launch over time.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3377051)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Well Toby Moody has tweeted that he won't be part of the BT Sports coverage of the MotoGP. I've seen a suggestion that Jules won't be either.

Jules and Huewen is alright, although obviously Toby would be better alongside Jules. The rest of the lineup is genuinely revolting.

A shame really, as at this moment in time BT Sport is decent value for what it offers.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3377067)   #32
chiefatNLR
Rookie

United Kingdom
Derby
chiefatNLR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Read over the weekend that ITV4 will be showing highlights, not sure if this is true and what it is they will be showing but would guess it will just be the MotoGP race.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 13:08 (Ref:3377075)   #33
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes I've read that there is Monday highlights of the Qatar evening race, not sure if the rest of the season is on a Monday.

It's a huge u-turn by Dorna and BT Sports whose advertising up until this point had the word exclusive all over it.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3377078)   #34
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Makes it an easy choice

I have no intention of going to BT, they coverage in my area is poor.

And you really think that you will get sports channels free ad infinitum? It is a sweetener for a year and then you will pay, (for football which is the main reason they want you to subscribe so you then pacake everything with them for 60 odd quid a month)

ITV getting a little deal like that is cool, I am not interested in watching the main race live, I got bored last year with marquez winning evreything, and nothing is going to change.

Smaller clases are miles better to watch, and will watch those on live streams somewhere.

And what this really means is that maybe BT are already realising they might not be keen on keeping GP coverage, so ITV are paying a pittence for a highlights deal that actually more people in the UK will probably watch if it is screened at the right time.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3377098)   #35
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BT only seem to be interested in Football.
Even when they're showing Rugby they still insist on 'ticker taping' the football scores across the screen which is really annoying.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3377121)   #36
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

And what this really means is that maybe BT are already realising they might not be keen on keeping GP coverage, so ITV are paying a pittence for a highlights deal that actually more people in the UK will probably watch if it is screened at the right time.
I suspect that it's Dorna not BT Sport that have realised their mistake, and have forced a highlights package ... it may even have been contractual that BT must have a certain number of Subscribers otherwise there had to be FTA highlights.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3377230)   #37
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It is certainly very odd how these companies think we work.

I was with Eurosport Player for a year last year, was good value for 3 quid a month!

But you can only sub for a year, and I cancelled coz for the non biking season I dont watch it at all,.

And on leaving I looked at what the price would be next year and it has doubled! So a decent deal for 3 quid a month, they lose MotoGP, and double the price!

is it any wonder they had no chance of getting a deal!

How do these cretins work
Old 11 Mar 2014, 06:28 (Ref:3377310)   #38
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chunder we are presently going through this process in Australia where V8Supercars have signed a deal with Foxtel (Fox or Sky to you) to show the series on pay tv or a highly edited highlights package on ch10 FTA at 8.30pm or 10pm a minimum of 4hrs after races finishing at 4.30-5pm. THE Foxtel/ch 10 are paying $281million over 6years from 2015. & we see a similar pattern with your situation. The present CEO of V8sc was a TV CEO before he got his present job.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3377382)   #39
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think you just have to wait it out I am afraid.

If the people do not subscibe and the paymasters do not make as much money as they projected, the deal will be canned.

The ONLY reason BT sport took GP coverage is because Dorna sold to the highest bidder.

There was no other reason at all, why would you take coverage away from a free to air customer who has the possibility to show it to millions, when if you sell to BT you are relying on football to sell it to folk who might, maybe like bikes too.

But in fairness, the deal cost BT 10 million over 3 years I think, a snip in the ocean really, it is football that cost them billions and that is the ONLY reason they have a sports channel, the rest is just filling time until they make enough money from package deals.

I quite like them taking on SKY, but just leave it at football eh? Sod off taking other sports that dont get big viewing figures and trying to then charge for them.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3377681)   #40
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A huge victory for common sense!! ITV will be showing highlights of all MotoGP races with Toby Moody probably doing the commentary.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/sp...114-motogp-itv
Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3377703)   #41
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Not so keen on Toby really.

But hell this is a much better situation than before. So at least i can watch the races without having to change everything!
Old 12 Mar 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3377802)   #42
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think you just have to wait it out I am afraid.

If the people do not subscibe and the paymasters do not make as much money as they projected, the deal will be canned.

The ONLY reason BT sport took GP coverage is because Dorna sold to the highest bidder.

There was no other reason at all, why would you take coverage away from a free to air customer who has the possibility to show it to millions, when if you sell to BT you are relying on football to sell it to folk who might, maybe like bikes too.

But in fairness, the deal cost BT 10 million over 3 years I think, a snip in the ocean really, it is football that cost them billions and that is the ONLY reason they have a sports channel, the rest is just filling time until they make enough money from package deals.

I quite like them taking on SKY, but just leave it at football eh? Sod off taking other sports that dont get big viewing figures and trying to then charge for them.

Have to agree - they're really only interested in the football. Look at ESPN, as soon as they lost the Premier League rights, they threw the towel in.

At least somebody has seen sense and put highlights on ITV4.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3377921)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I was never planning on watching BT anyway t be honest, am quite happy with Virgin, their broadband has been upgraded for free in my area twice recently, so I would be stupid to leave and enter into a new and more expensive contract just for a series I can watch on a free stream too!

Business decision or not, I think BT are very serious, they wouldnt throw that much money away and nick Saturday games from SKY unless they werent.

Setanta and ESPN got dregs like Talksport and Absolute do for radio commentary. And i bet they pay a fortune for that too!
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:04 (Ref:3394229)   #44
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've not watched the highlights on ITV, who does them? I heard a rumour Parrish was involved?
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:28 (Ref:3394241)   #45
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Parrish has also managed to weasle himself into the BT Sport studio too.

I remember dealing with him at MN many years ago, persistent little snipe, but used to charge a ton of money for a column and it was never really that interesting so he only did two and we dropped him.

I guess you cant blame the bloke for trying, he's just like Jardine who pops up everywhere still despite being out of date
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3394348)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The highlights uses the feed from BT Sport, so you get Keith and Jules commentating. It's a very polished package, even shows what happened in the support races.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3394400)   #47
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The trouble with the highlights on ITV is that they really are "highlights" and as for coverage of the other races forget it !
We have free coverage in Spain on Telecino of all qualifying and races, mind you seeing who leads and wins most of the races it's not surprising !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Apr 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3397843)   #48
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
If any you rcae fans get chance

Watch the UNrideables 2 abotu Wayne Rainey on ITV player

Staggering insight into the guy and his domination.

Seeing Garry Taylor openly weeping about the crash even now 20 odd years after was a real eye opener.

Sorry modern guys, nothing you can do can equal this era, these men were simply on a pedestal above anyone.

What a privilege it was to watch them on tv and live.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 07:12 (Ref:3398021)   #49
chiefatNLR
Rookie

United Kingdom
Derby
chiefatNLR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If any you rcae fans get chance

Watch the UNrideables 2 abotu Wayne Rainey on ITV player

Staggering insight into the guy and his domination.

Seeing Garry Taylor openly weeping about the crash even now 20 odd years after was a real eye opener.

Sorry modern guys, nothing you can do can equal this era, these men were simply on a pedestal above anyone.

What a privilege it was to watch them on tv and live.
Totally agree, Rainey was one of my favorite riders, I think only Rossi of the modern day riders ever rode one of them beasts.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3398072)   #50
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What day was that on?