Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 May 2005, 02:24 (Ref:1300482)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BSB Mondello Park

Who do u think will win come Sunday? Personally my money is on Kiyonari and Rutter to take a win a piece but what about the other podium postitions? Here's my predictions for both races.

Race 1:

1.Kiyonari
2.Rutter
3.Lavilla

Race 2:

1.Rutter
2.Harris
3.Lavilla

What about u?
Old 14 May 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1300516)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a tricky circuit, and with the re-surfacing work that's been completed recently it's a quicker circuit, the lines into some of the faster corners have changed so there's almost a new learning curve for even the guys that raced last year.

Nothing really meaningful came out of Fridays sessions, it'll be more interesting to see todays qualifying times. Couldn't really see much from where I was sitting but hopefully the rest of the weekend will be fun.
Old 14 May 2005, 04:54 (Ref:1300518)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed Grant, Mondello always provides some great racing. I hope im proved wrong though about a HM plant bike winning both races, a Rizla Suzuki up there would be much better. Not that im biast at all of course. IMO though the Supersports will be more interesting than the superbike races, always wheel to wheel action with the Supersports. The racing is just so close compared to most series out there, and really not that far off the front running BSB boys, the pole times for the Supersport guys are normally good enough for a mid pack qualifying slot in the BSB grid after all. Just a shame I cant be at Mondello, still, i guess ive got the next best thing in the shape of Sky Sports.
Old 14 May 2005, 05:04 (Ref:1300522)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Just a shame I cant be at Mondello, still, i guess ive got the next best thing in the shape of Sky Sports.
Well you might not pick up the great atmosphere but you'll certainly be getting a better view on Sky! I'm recording the Sunday stuff on Sky Sports so that when I get home I can see what was happening. Sometimes it looks so good on Sky that I wonder if I was at the same race meeting!
Old 14 May 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1300783)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
http://www.msttiming.com/combqual.as...nd=round05.gif Looks like a great grid for tommorows races IMO, will be good to see if Haslam can carry on his form from Oulton and take another win this weekend. Shame to see my favourite team Rizla Suzuki so far down the grid though, I dont know whats happened to them this year. Yes I know JR is injured but really and truly I thought Smart was better than what he has been showing so far this year, never really rated Haydon that highly though so no real suprise that hes not up near the front.
Old 14 May 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1300790)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who is Jonathan Rea?

Intersting to see 5 Hondas in the top 8 - this could be their circuit, although Richards is well-placed to finally take a first win, and neither GSE Airwaves guy can be ruled out.
Old 14 May 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1300884)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Interesting day, unfortunately there's no "Radio Mondello" this year so we couldn't tune in to the commentary for the qualifying sessions, it's rather strange to be AT the circuit, AT the base of the control tower, LOOKING at start/finish line and not having a clue about what's going on as the engine is running to keep the A/C going and there's circuit and medical radios on all the time so we can't hear the commentator!
Old 16 May 2005, 04:58 (Ref:1301887)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Not a bad couple of races this year, not quite as good as last year IMO in terms of the actual racing that went on at the front but good all the same. Good to see the GSE boys getting up there on the podium too and beating the HM plant riders, the HM plant guys have had it too much their own way so far this year IMO. A great Supersports race too rounded off a great day.
Old 16 May 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1302593)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Watched the recording toda, wow, great racing, made Mondello look cool Had a great game of "Spot The Marshal" and "Spot Me!" Unfortunately this was one of my lowest scores ;( ;( ;(

Racing was pretty awesome given the nature of the circuit, my heart totally went out to "JR" when he came off at the first corner of the first lap after setting a blistering pole position time. He was nearly in tears when he walked past the car.
Old 16 May 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1302611)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Out of interest Grant do u have a favourite team in BSB? Im guessing it might Red Bull Honda? Of course I could be wrong. For me personally though its Rizla Suzuki, purley because they are my local team. And yes I agree too about Johanathan Rea, so unlucky after putting the bike on pole to have 2 DNF's like that. Still, theres still the rest of the season to go eh.
Old 16 May 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1302618)   #11
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
To be honest, I don't really "support" anyone in any form of motorsport. I tend to cheer on anyone as long as they are doing well and putting on a good show. Especially if they are "stuffing" the big budget teams or doing something unusual, like coming from nowhere and setting fastest laps or pole positions. Like with "JR" when he didn't have a proper name plate for his grid girls board and they had to make one up with sticky paper, those are the kind of things that'll get me cheering for someone.