Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Feb 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2829697)   #1526
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
I’m not too concerned; I think the Corvettes will have more than enough power to stay competitive without waivers here or there. Although the recent rule changes do show the sanctioning bodies wish for the death of the large displacement 2 valve engines.
I am not so sure, right now they have a minimal addvantige, and not in hp but probably in torque, and if that is canceled, i wouldnt be suprised if they become underpowered.

If you look at the last season ALMS, corvettes were not the fastest cars, bmw's and Risi were usualy the fastest cars on track. Were corvettes absolutley shied was Le Mans, and even there risi was right behind on pace. any negative influence to next season compared to the last would not go good with them.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 15:54 (Ref:2829702)   #1527
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess we will find out at Sebring.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 16:06 (Ref:2829710)   #1528
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
I think they will have their old restrictors at sebring, either by ACO suplimentig their regulations, or by ACO or IMSA granting them a waiver. because it would be sucide for ALMS to put corvettes at an disadantige
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 16:43 (Ref:2829726)   #1529
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The January 21, 2011 IMSA bulletin I posted above puts them at 27.9; you looking for excuses already?
Old 11 Feb 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2829730)   #1530
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
The January 21, 2011 IMSA bulletin I posted above puts them at 27.9; you looking for excuses already?
exuses, if you are implying, because I am a ferrari fan, I can tell you i don't care weather they have 28.6 or 27.9 since last years car 430 proved to be more then match for the corvette wining more races and generaly being faster! I am just sad as the show wont be the same, with them at an disadvantige.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2848220)   #1531
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Corvette are only sending the Larbe Corvette to Le Mans for the test days and are sending Gavin, Milner & Beretta to do the set up work for all three cars for the race.

DK
Old 18 Mar 2011, 17:14 (Ref:2848227)   #1532
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Corvette are only sending the Larbe Corvette to Le Mans for the test days and are sending Gavin, Milner & Beretta to do the set up work for all three cars for the race.

DK
How does that work in terms of the driver classification? It breaks all the rules of GTE-Am.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2848234)   #1533
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
How does that work in terms of the driver classification? It breaks all the rules of GTE-Am.
testing is not coverd by driver restrictions
Old 18 Mar 2011, 17:24 (Ref:2848237)   #1534
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plus I thought Larbre would be running two cars for Le Mans?
Old 18 Mar 2011, 17:26 (Ref:2848240)   #1535
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other Larbre entry is a Porsche GT-Am.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 17:39 (Ref:2897245)   #1536
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

100% !!!! Corvette won every class in which they were entered in the 2011 Le Mans 24 hour race. Congratulations!!

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 12 Jun 2011, 21:47 (Ref:2897550)   #1537
DavyC412
Rookie

Canada
DavyC412 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
*pictures removed*

100% !!!! Corvette won every class in which they were entered in the 2011 Le Mans 24 hour race. Congratulations!!
yeah, that was good stuff for sure. i went to sleep for 3 hours only to find the leading 74 corvette pretty much out of the race, and i thought it was over for corvettes chances to win gtpro, im really glad they won. hopefully this is a sign that corvette is coming back and coming back strong
Old 12 Jun 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2897643)   #1538
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
yeah, that was good stuff for sure. i went to sleep for 3 hours only to find the leading 74 corvette pretty much out of the race, and i thought it was over for corvettes chances to win gtpro, im really glad they won. hopefully this is a sign that corvette is coming back and coming back strong
I have a feeling they might be looking at ILMC, but yeah when Mr. Fehan has to go talk to GM this year he will have a big grin on his face.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2897651)   #1539
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think there is zero doubt that Corvette is looking at a factory World Endurance Championship program in 2012, whether or not its an addition or instead of their ALMS program is a different story I guess.

Congrats to Corvette Racing, they were the class of the field and Doug Fehan, Dan Binks ect deserve it for all their hard work. Want to congratulate Tommy Milner on his first Le Mans win as well as Beretta and Garcia. Larbre did a great job as well, excellent team. I remember when they outqualified all the factory aston martins for pole while they were running the Aston Martin GT1.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2897662)   #1540
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
congrats to the vcorvette team, they did an excelent job, and were clearly the best cars out there, and deserved the win
Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2897678)   #1541
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was really impressed with the Labre car. They have had anything but smooth sailing in the previous races. This was great for them, and for Corvette in the ILMC!
Old 13 Jun 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2898213)   #1542
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I have a feeling they might be looking at ILMC, but yeah when Mr. Fehan has to go talk to GM this year he will have a big grin on his face.
What would be nice would be for them to build 2 (or more) new cars and enter the ILMC with them and set up a privateer (or more than one) with the old cars for next year to run in the ALMS.

DK
Old 13 Jun 2011, 17:03 (Ref:2898220)   #1543
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will this WEC effort deffinitely be in GTE or are we making assumptions here?
Old 13 Jun 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2898357)   #1544
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I think there is zero doubt that Corvette is looking at a factory World Endurance Championship program in 2012, whether or not its an addition or instead of their ALMS program is a different story I guess.
I don't think they ever would. It doesn't make business sense for GM, only P&M. The ALMS events sell cars, the European events might help sell race cars.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2898377)   #1545
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
What would be nice would be for them to build 2 (or more) new cars and enter the ILMC with them and set up a privateer (or more than one) with the old cars for next year to run in the ALMS.
I think it makes sense for P&M to run the ALMS and have someone else (RML maybe, perhaps Larbre) run the cars overseas aside from Le Mans perhaps. I don't think it is ideal to run a WEC team out of the US. Even Level 5 has a shop in the UK for their ILMC effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I don't think they ever would. It doesn't make business sense for GM, only P&M. The ALMS events sell cars, the European events might help sell race cars.
Chevrolet is trying to establish their brand in Europe. I saw quite a few of Chevrolet Europe ads featuring the Corvette and Camaro while watching Eurosport's LM coverage. China, obviously, is an important market for GM.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2898382)   #1546
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I think it makes sense for P&M to run the ALMS and have someone else (RML maybe, perhaps Larbre) run the cars overseas aside from Le Mans perhaps. I don't think it is ideal to run a WEC team out of the US. Even Level 5 has a shop in the UK for their ILMC effort.

Chevrolet is trying to establish their brand in Europe. I saw quite a few of Chevrolet Europe ads featuring the Corvette and Camaro while watching Eurosport's LM coverage. China, obviously, is an important market for GM.
To your first point, I agree. A customer car makes sense. I don't think you will see P&M run anywhere other than LM. They have had a difficult enough time justifying the program anyway. There are only two GM factory efforts left and the only reason Corvette is one of them is because of all the Corvette fans that show up in the US.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2898392)   #1547
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
There are only two GM factory efforts left and the only reason Corvette is one of them is because of all the Corvette fans that show up in the US.
GM does seem to be upping their US racing profile once again. The Cadillac factory team is back in the World Challenge and they are going back to the IRL next year. Of course, I don't know how much money is actually going into the IRL program and I doubt the Cadillac program costs major bucks.

Doesn't the Compuware guy provide a major part of the Corvette racing team budget? I wonder where he wants to race.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2898441)   #1548
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One of the bosses of GM was in the Eurosport booth, he said they're interested in the WEC and want to race in places like China but had got no further than a brief look at the proposals. He also talked about the Chevy WTCC program and the visit to Infinion.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2898710)   #1549
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What was I yacking off about a few days ago ..... something about I didnt think Corvette could do it

They impressed me too .
Old 14 Jun 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2898869)   #1550
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be great to see P&M supply more c6r's for racing in europe and possibly the ILMC/WEC next year. I think american manufacturers should be in international endurance racing as much as I think there should be European and Japanese manufacturers. If you commit to a World championship series that is apparently on the up again, seeing they are going from ILMC to WEC next year, being there would only attract more manufacturers and thus create good racing and a nice competitive atmosphere to develop new techniques.