Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jan 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3357876)   #1
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eric Boullier to be McLaren Team Principal

Suggestions it could be announced today at the McLaren launch.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 10:03 (Ref:3357880)   #2
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And who's gonna be the team principal for Lotus?

EDIT: I found that out, it will be GĂ©rard Lopez.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3357886)   #3
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't see that one coming but it looks like a good move for McLaren as despite all its problems financially Boullier has done a good job at Enstone.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3357897)   #4
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massive loss to Lotus and huge coup for McLaren. Announcement here.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3357899)   #5
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Massive loss to Lotus and huge coup for McLaren. Announcement here.
I wouldn't call that an 'announcement'. Just like the OP (), that Autosport 'report' is just speculating. Spreading rumours.

Old 24 Jan 2014, 11:54 (Ref:3357945)   #6
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
I wouldn't call that an 'announcement'. Just like the OP (), that Autosport 'report' is just speculating. Spreading rumours.

Yes you're right. I'm sorry 'announcement' was the wrong word to use there. However, Autosport are usually on the mark when it comes to things like this... so I'd suspect McLaren will confirm it soon.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3357970)   #7
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope this doesn't mean that Lotus is in trouble now...
Old 24 Jan 2014, 12:50 (Ref:3357987)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't blame him for jumping ship really.

Whitmarsh to Lotus?
Old 24 Jan 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3357988)   #9
321Go
Veteran

No Boullier to McLaren announcement at the launch.

On another note, no Martin Whitmarsh at the launch apparently.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3357999)   #10
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
No Boullier to McLaren announcement at the launch.

On another note, no Martin Whitmarsh at the launch apparently.
Then who will be that?
Old 24 Jan 2014, 13:29 (Ref:3358008)   #11
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
To stop people like me thinking that this thread is an official announcement, shouldn't there be at least a question mark added to the title?
Old 24 Jan 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3358010)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's tagged with rumour in the title which should give you a fair idea...
Old 24 Jan 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3358013)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's tagged with rumour in the title which should give you a fair idea...
Thanks Bella, but as that doesn't show up in the thread list, it still isn't obvious...
Old 24 Jan 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3358015)   #14
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who would have thought that the team principle lineup would be more interesting than the driver lineup? A whole new silly season?

Richard
Old 24 Jan 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3358021)   #15
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks Bella, but as that doesn't show up in the thread list, it still isn't obvious...
Erm... it does on t'web. But using tapatalk on a mobile, it doesn't.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3358025)   #16
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha ha...this one came way out from left field. Whouda thunk it?

I have always liked Boullier...however it will be weird to see him in a McLaren outfit.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3358039)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When's the last time a team principle got poached?

Boullier is great though and a proper war time consigliere or new Sith apprentice or whichever movie you like more, to carry out RD's commands...long live the family/empire and feeling a bit scared for the other teams.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 15:26 (Ref:3358071)   #18
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I don't like Bouiller. I don't like that whole Genii Capital mob at all.

That said, his great record in hoisting Lotus to where it shouldn't be in performance terms is all stamped into history and in that light I commend Dennis for his imagination and boldness in hiring him.

I knew well Dennis himself wasn't going to go near the principal position, the Bouiller appointment came as a big surprise though. wow.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 15:34 (Ref:3358074)   #19
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought that Dennis might replace Whitmarsh with someone internally from Mclaren, but then again he doesn't want a Whitmarsh 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Who would have thought that the team principle lineup would be more interesting than the driver lineup? A whole new silly season?
Maybe we should start a thread every year speculating on the team principal lineup instead of the drivers
Old 24 Jan 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3358087)   #20
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Erm... it does on t'web. But using tapatalk on a mobile, it doesn't.
Sorry Greem, but I'm using a PC and Internet Explorer and in the thread list, the (Rumours) bit doesn't show.
Maybe I've not paid for a full-size display?
Old 24 Jan 2014, 16:03 (Ref:3358090)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
out of curiosity, for those who follows the junior ranks more closely, any speculation on what this will mean for the young drivers associated with Boullier and Gravity Sports? i was never sure who owned it but got the impression that Boullier ran it. so will he be able to poach the drivers he wants from Genii as well?

obviously some questions about Grosjean's future as well.

anyways if this happens i would call this signing a major coup for Mclaren!
Old 24 Jan 2014, 16:35 (Ref:3358110)   #22
jack shepherd
Rookie

England
Teesside
jack shepherd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I don't like Bouiller. I don't like that whole Genii Capital mob at all.
My guess is that Boullier doesn't like them either, hence why he's leaving/left. Probably tired of being caught up in Gerard Lopez's bull.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3358157)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Sorry Greem, but I'm using a PC and Internet Explorer and in the thread list, the (Rumours) bit doesn't show.
Maybe I've not paid for a full-size display?
Strange that it doesn't show in your browser... got to investigate it a little further.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 23:29 (Ref:3358282)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
When's the last time a team principle got poached?
It surely must have happened in F1 before, I just cannot for the life of me remember any.

Thing is, most of the guys in charge of teams down the years have actually owned or held a massive stake in them.

Horner would be the last significant one, and he was poached from outside. Does Mr Wolff count? Probably not.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 01:15 (Ref:3358305)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
It's a hard one. closest I got was Colin Kolles as a team principle for two different teams (which in itself is rare) but pretty sure there was a gap between his Midland/Spyker and HRT tenures.

Surely there has got to be someone from back in the day who jumped from a successful works operation to the factory team. a good trivia question.